SOTD: Saturday 15th- Friday 21st April 2017

Tue 18th April

Omega 11126 boar
La Toja Cream
Brass General
Feather Pro [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
La Toja A/S Lotion

My Last Shave with The Brass General, kindly lent to me by James@Acer89. He knew I would like it, and he was right
as I have one coming.
Chose to use a cream, which presented no problems provided that you rinse frequently. Again found that the Razor/Blade combo is so efficient that Shave Time seems to be reduced when compared with other Razors.The only drawback to my use of a Cream is that I use too much, so as a consequence the lather was so slick that I perhaps overshaved a bit, so got a little sore.

IMG_1251.jpg

25upq28.jpg

Brush: Omega 11126
Razor: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Double Open Comb w/ Bolzano Superinox (2)
Soap: Cella

I have been looking forward to using this Cella since watching Friendship Shaving's YouTube video on Friday. It didn't disappoint. Fancied a little extra luxury and lathered a bit more than usual, great lather was had. I was so impressed with razor and blade yesterday that same again was the order of the day today.

A little change to the routine today was the use of Pears soap as a pre-shave, I was looking at MRGLO Glyce soap, which I havent used for years, but I don't think there is much difference between it and Pears (except price!). Gave it a whirl today and it was very nice, I'll continue testing this week to see if it makes a difference or not. Keeps the whiskers moist I guess before applying lather.

Topped off very nicely with the Floid, certainly needed it today jetwashing under the sun's heat. Only meant to jetwash green stuff off my garage before I painted but I tripped and blasted a line across my path so now I have to do the path too!

Tuesday 4/18/17

Proraso Green preshave
RazoRock Plissoft brush
Proraso Green cream
Il Ceppo TTO razor
Personna Platinum Chrome blade
Proraso Green aftershave
Aveeno balm

72befddeb12885ecfd8384b165e2fbd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Superb Shave set up.I have a great fondness for Proraso Products.;)

Last edited:
SOTD
Pre: The Gentleman's Groom Room Shave Prep+
Soap: Mason Boutique TLM Sample
Razor: One Blade
Blade: Feather Single Edge (1)
Brush: IC Shaving Brushes Custom- 24mm Tuxedo Knot
A/S: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather
Balm: Stray Whisker After Shave Balm

Very different shave using the One blade kindly on loan to me from @Ian T at The Gentleman's Groom Room. It gave me a great shave but is it for me? I think I'll need to have another couple of shaves before I decide. But the Groom Room pre-shave is great stuff.

IMG_4762.JPG

SOTD
Pre: The Gentleman's Groom Room Shave Prep+
Soap: Mason Boutique TLM Sample
Razor: One Blade
Blade: Feather Single Edge (1)
Brush: IC Shaving Brushes Custom- 24mm Tuxedo Knot
A/S: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather
Balm: Stray Whisker After Shave Balm

Very different shave using the One blade kindly on loan to me from @Ian T at The Gentleman's Groom Room. It gave me a great shave but is it for me? I think I'll need to have another couple of shaves before I decide. But the Groom Room pre-shave is great stuff.

View attachment 24789

@Kevy - good to see you are using TSW balm - it is great stuff, and Con is a good bloke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom