SOTD : Saturday 16 July - Friday 22 July 2022.

SOTD : 16th July 2022.

j3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather : Phoenix & Beau Citra Royale Shaving Soap.
Blade: Schick Japanese Twin. (D6.)
Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

(Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

New shave set up to start the weekend...I intend to carry on with my tribute month using the Gem Featherweight & the Schick Type G Injector but to feed my urges & need for variety with my SOTD set ups, for the rest of the month i will be adding an assortment of other shaving soaps/creams, ASL's & post shave balms & gels that i haven't used in a while. 'If the truth be told, to start using them up, because I've had some of them for a considerable amount of time, along with the Ever-Ready 1912 (US) "my first SE vintage ER, & the most recently added the Schick I1 Injector 1955-58, another two kindly gifted SE razors, and finally to further my appreciation & enjoyment of these remarkable vintage shaving tools, I'll also be adding my modern Supply V2, & Parker InjRzr to carry on with my eclectic shave set ups.

The P&B Citra Royale soap i haven't used for a while, which provided me with a excellent slick protective lather, with a really nice fragrance which reminds of lime opal fruits/starburst chew sweets, leaving a wonderful post shave feel.

With the mini heatwave we've had recently my cold water shaves have been refreshing & a great tonic for my mature skin type.

A comfortable face & head shave to start another weekend on a high note...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

16/07/22
Pre - Pears Transparent face wash
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - ES Claymore V1
Blade - Kai Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 29 (1).JPG
Glass smooth in 2 today, the Original Claymore is a heavyweight in the hand, however, he delivers a very comfortable shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Sat 16 SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 "Fine India Steel"
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
The lather whip-up from this soap is just awesome! Richly creamy and very slick with a pleasant sage/grass scent!
A very enjoyable shave with this razor. The edge is very smooth and crisp after putting it through the Kanayama strop. 3passes for a dfs-ccs category without any issues. The aftershave is very nice!
20220716_140609.jpg

Saturday 16th July
Ever Ready 1914 - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
xDsNdqc.jpg

SOTD: 16/07/2022

Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Zingari Man The Rambler Croap
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Green Aftershave
Balm: Prorasso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Random 60's Playlist

A decent shave today. SE razors are not my favourite but on a no rush weekend I can give them the respect they deserve. I chose the rambler today because I am going rambling later with my camera so it seemed apt. Si'thee around.

C55E25B9-18C3-4F33-A95E-3912C0B85591.jpeg

58BF0E69-545E-4A2E-BAA4-935F77C2F497.jpeg

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Aftershave: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime EDT
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Probably my best shave yet from the Hone 15s, the drag is still there but I’m managing to compensate with my angle, a little more pressure and only using the slickest soaps in the den. This is my favourite lime scent by a long way and randomly I think the strong lime citrus zest is balanced out with the more earthy oakmoss. It’s an absolute heavenly scent and start to the weekend.
Enjoy the weekend guys!

Sotd 16/07

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: signature soaps condate
Splash: signature soaps condate
Balm: arko unscented
Alum bloc
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Bowl: wet the face
Razor: karve stainless OC-D
Blade: permasharp 1st use

Scent notes: Fragranced with a careful balance of Geranium, Bergamot, Lime and Lavender Essential Oils

Had a great shave this morning 7 days growth decided to go with signature soaps really nice scent on the soap and a great performer also has a really nice scent on the splash

the karve paired with a permasharp is a great combo smooth and very efficient.
Have a great weekend
20220716_092725.jpg20220716_092311.jpg

IMG_20220716_094948_5.jpg
SOTD 16 July 2022

Razor - Feather Artist Club DX

Blade - Feather Pro

Soap - Geo F
Trumper -Eucris shaving cream

Brush - Chisel and Hound Silvertip

Post - GFT Eucris skin food (balm)

Frag - GFT - Eucris Edp

A fantastic shave this morning, the Feather DX has become my favourite razor ( for now ) I've been using it for the last week and now I can finish a shave without any nick's just perfect shaves, you watch the next time I use it, I will cut my ear off for getting too cocky!!! :)
Loving the GTF gear, a fantastic silky slick lather from the shave cream along with the wonderful scent and the skin food was refreshing and cooling, great in this weather!
Finally a couple of spray's of the Eucris Edp, lovely!

I hope you all enjoy your weekend, try to stay cool and don't forget your SPF 50! :)

Paul.

Last edited:

Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Zingari Man The Rambler Croap
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Green Aftershave
Balm: Prorasso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Random 60's Playlist

A decent shave today. SE razors are not my favourite but on a no rush weekend I can give them the respect they deserve. I chose the rambler today because I am going rambling later with my camera so it seemed apt. Si'thee around.

View attachment 90641
Great camera! Half frame?

Saturday’s Shave

FywayiS.png

Pre - Hot ‘washcloth & bloom water
Razor - Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass
Blade - Wilkinson Sword Classic (Germany)
Brush - Elite Razor Fire and Ice 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Soap - Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli Shave Soap
Post - Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli Aftershave​

Back
Top Bottom