SOTD : Saturday 16 July - Friday 22 July 2022.

Now I probably won't as I tested positive for COVID this morning and following local rules have to self isolate in my hotel room for 7 days and then need to test negative.
Not pleasant. My wife tested positive on Tuesday and I had to have a fast track PCR before they would let me in to work on Wednesday. I now have to test daily until next Saturday. A pain in the ar*se really as I will be retired the same day I finish testing. I really do not wish to finish my career on the sick....so it is fingers crossed every morning. Not sure what it says about me......but they will have the party even if I can't attend!

The last entry for this week and I'd better get it in quickly before it becomes a Barry beater. So my last shave for this week is last night's razor time cos I'm a lazy sod and couldn't be arsed this evening. And so themed, 'Last night was the last, but there may be more to follow another day. Probably tomorrow if I know me'

20220721_114004.jpg

I am last - Stainless Mongoose
No I am - Feather Super Professional
I'm more last than the one before- Yaqi Dandelion
And I'm behind you - Signature Soaps Londinium
And I don't give a toss - Extro Arzachena splash

'I'm all for that 'fuck it all' thing love. I'll drink to that'

A great shave from a bunch of regular lads to my shaving rotation. Great turnnout and great results. Happy bunnyism

Have some Beavers
Or you can always have some of these...

So, not posted all week.
Last Saturday my daughter did me a 'shave experience', full on barber treatment which was great. Still strange for someone else to shave me, I've only ever had a couple of these in my years of shaving. I'll probably let her do it again!

Sunday, I travelled to Italy for work and have been using my Tech (Falklands war one reconditioned) all week with a Nacet blade. Tried a few sample pots.

I haven't managed to get out and see what shave gear I could buy. Now I probably won't as I tested positive for COVID this morning and following local rules have to self isolate in my hotel room for 7 days and then need to test negative. This leaves me just enough time to then go and get my flight home! Have to see if any of the others I've been working with now test +ve and we have to postpone our testing!

I hate being stuck indoors I don't think I'm allowed to go on the balcony!
Hope everything works out for the better
Regards Brian

Not pleasant. My wife tested positive on Tuesday and I had to have a fast track PCR before they would let me in to work on Wednesday. I now have to test daily until next Saturday. A pain in the ar*se really as I will be retired the same day I finish testing. I really do not wish to finish my career on the sick....so it is fingers crossed every morning. Not sure what it says about me......but they will have the party even if I can't attend!

Hope you get back on track soon.

Oddly I tested positive for the first time on the day I went in to semi-retirement

The last entry for this week and I'd better get it in quickly before it becomes a Barry beater. So my last shave for this week is last night's razor time cos I'm a lazy sod and couldn't be arsed this evening. And so themed, 'Last night was the last, but there may be more to follow another day. Probably tomorrow if I know me'

View attachment 90994

I am last - Stainless Mongoose
No I am - Feather Super Professional
I'm more last than the one before- Yaqi Dandelion
And I'm behind you - Signature Soaps Londinium
And I don't give a toss - Extro Arzachena splash

'I'm all for that 'fuck it all' thing love. I'll drink to that'

A great shave from a bunch of regular lads to my shaving rotation. Great turnnout and great results. Happy bunnyism

Have some Beavers
Or you can always have some of these...

Not really the type of beaver i was after

So, not posted all week.
Last Saturday my daughter did me a 'shave experience', full on barber treatment which was great. Still strange for someone else to shave me, I've only ever had a couple of these in my years of shaving. I'll probably let her do it again!

Sunday, I travelled to Italy for work and have been using my Tech (Falklands war one reconditioned) all week with a Nacet blade. Tried a few sample pots.

I haven't managed to get out and see what shave gear I could buy. Now I probably won't as I tested positive for COVID this morning and following local rules have to self isolate in my hotel room for 7 days and then need to test negative. This leaves me just enough time to then go and get my flight home! Have to see if any of the others I've been working with now test +ve and we have to postpone our testing!

I hate being stuck indoors I don't think I'm allowed to go on the balcony!
Hope all will be well...take care and stay safe...

Late entry SOTD

Friday 22nd July

Soap • Wickham Super Smooth Bay Rum
Brush • Yaqi Ocean 30mm Synthetic
Razor • Pearl Flexi
Blade • Derby Extra (1)
Post • Electrif's Bay Rum

I hadn't used the Flexi razor for some time, and needed a change. Paired with the much discussed Derby Extra blade (which happened to be closest to hand), the shave was very smooth.
Finished with @Electrif Bay Rum Aftershave, which I use vary sparingly.
I keep meaning to have a go at making some Bay Rum myself, but I'm having trouble getting hold of the correct Bay Leaves.

Back
Top Bottom