SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

16/12/17

Brush - Yaqi Fan Tux 26mm
Soap - Vitos Coco
Razor - 1972 Gillette Tech
Blade - Tian Li Super Blue (1)
Post - Ben's Bay Rum

I took delivery of a new Yaqi brush, this time with a fan shaped head in the handle described as MYSTERIOUS SPACE or sparkly blue. The fan shaped knot is an absolute delight to use, splays very easily and is soft to the face.

The Tian Li SB is a blade I have struggled to match with the right razor so far, but in today's shave paired with the Tech it seems to negate some of the blade's roughness I found used with some other razors.

I've been using Vitos Coco for the last few shaves and it's performance seems exceptional.

Back to the LPL.. great soap!

AYeVtpj.jpg

Greetings All,

Saturday pm shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – Face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Wickham 1912 Club Cola (sample)
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (Setting 5)
Blade: Silver Star (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (Bowl lather)
Bowl: Bideford Pottery Bowls

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then a shower and concluded with Nivea 2 Phase.

Couple of things today:

Firstly, the shave – I closed my eyes, opened the sample and sniffed. It's true, the Wickham 1912 Club Cola smelt like Cola Bottles and instantly brought a smile to my face. I lathered very easily and it was rich and cushioning. So usual Saturday 2 passes and feeling good, though a little tender on the neck.

Secondly, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU @Barry Giddens. He had kindly offered to send me a sample Astra SP blade to try. I was expecting a blade or two and to be honest, I would have been happy with getting that. However, I am utterly blown away at Barry's generosity. Below is a picture of what he sent me so again THANK YOU.

Cheers,

Brian

View attachment 31795
Those Gillette Nacets are outstanding.;)

Greetings All,

Saturday pm shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – Face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Wickham 1912 Club Cola (sample)
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (Setting 5)
Blade: Silver Star (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (Bowl lather)
Bowl: Bideford Pottery Bowls

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then a shower and concluded with Nivea 2 Phase.

Couple of things today:

Firstly, the shave – I closed my eyes, opened the sample and sniffed. It's true, the Wickham 1912 Club Cola smelt like Cola Bottles and instantly brought a smile to my face. I lathered very easily and it was rich and cushioning. So usual Saturday 2 passes and feeling good, though a little tender on the neck.

Secondly, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU @Barry Giddens. He had kindly offered to send me a sample Astra SP blade to try. I was expecting a blade or two and to be honest, I would have been happy with getting that. However, I am utterly blown away at Barry's generosity. Below is a picture of what he sent me so again THANK YOU.

Cheers,

Brian

View attachment 31795
Thanks for the tag Brian. So many kind people here have sent me all sorts of things over the past few months. It's a great forum.

Sat 16th Dec.
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Alu.General + S/S Handle
Feather Pro ( 4 )
Alum Rub /Rinse off
Pitralon Original A/S lotion

After a splendid Shave with the Heavyweight Mongoose there was minimal stubble to deal with today.
I chose to use the Alu. General, which I can only use with a non stock handle. The Shave felt smooth and comfortable, and the finish on the upper areas was good, but not very good around the neck.
Perhaps more polishing work needed, but I did not want a prolonged Shave. Have come to the conclusion that despite wanting to love this Razor, it is not for me as the Heavyweights do cope well with my beard more efficiently.

IMG_0139.jpg

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: 'El Monstruo' (Romera Manchurian 30/50 Fan)
Soap: Stirling's: Agar
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm

apart from one little glitch, that was a very efficient shave..BBS, and ready for the weekend.
+ 1 0n the Merkur 34C HD & Polsilver Super Iridium.;)

Back
Top Bottom