SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Razor: WS Sticky
Blade: Astra SS
IMG_20171217_092545.jpg

A couple of firsts this Sunday, both budget buys.
A soap from the world's oldest registered shaving soap manufacturer. And possibly the cheapest metal handled boar brush on the market.
The soap smells mildly citrus and fresh, it lathers nicely and the performance is pretty good. Where it gets let down is the post shave, I think it would be quite drying if used daily.
The brush feels good and solid in the hand and is pretty soft for its first use. Far less scritchy than a Vulfix boar VS/1. It lost a few hairs but hopefully it'll settle down. Thanks to @Blademonkey for the recommendation, a great little boar brush.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Razor: WS Sticky
Blade: Astra SS

A couple of firsts this Sunday, both budget buys.
A soap from the world's oldest registered shaving soap manufacturer. And possibly the cheapest metal handled boar brush on the market.
The soap smells mildly citrus and fresh, it lathers nicely and the performance is pretty good. Where it gets let down is the post shave, I think it would be quite drying if used daily.
The brush feels good and solid in the hand and is pretty soft for its first use. Far less scritchy than a Vulfix boar VS/1. It lost a few hairs but hopefully it'll settle down. Thanks to @Blademonkey
Mine lost a couple at first but has now settled down and has not lost any more. :) P.

Sunday 17th December

Truefitt & Hill No 10
YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Merkur 34C HD
Treet Carbon (2)
Lime witch hazel mixture
Christian Dior Eau Sauvage AS

A full on citrus scented shave this morning
Cream choice inspired by Iain's @Digimonkey post yesterday
No 10 isn't featured on SOTD that often, but it is a top performing cream with a scent to die for. To quote Del Boy, "A little dab'll do ya""
It literally explodes in the bowl with hardly any effort.
The Treet blade is super smooth in my 34C, a very skin friendly combo
Finished with my all time favourite aftershave, Eau Sauvage. It's not the best performing ASL, but boy, it smells good !

10dflo1.jpg

Who said Sunday mornings should be peaceful !!!

Last edited:
SOTD_20171217-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Closed Comb - 0.68mm - 100mm Barber Pole
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Wolf Whiskers - Tuxedo (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Thomas Tew
  • After-Shave: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Captain Joe

~ SOTD 17th December ~

Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Lord Super Stainless (2)
Brush - Vulfix 514b Hyde Park Pure Badger
Soap - Haslinger Aloe Vera
Aftershave - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
20171217_104928.jpg
well the blade didn't feel better on its second use like I was expecting it felt rough I did 2 passes then chucked it I still wouldn't say its the worst blade iv tried I have a few more lord blades here to try the super chrome and platinum class will see if they are any better ..... Happy Sunday Shavers :)

Last edited:
SOTD: 171217
SOTD 171217 3.jpg
Blade: Gem SS#4
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap: S.V. Cosmo
Brush: S.V.2.0 Rosewood
Bowl: S.V. The grail
EDT: Issey Myake L'eau D'Issey

That was a shave well worthy for a lovely relaxing Sunday ahead.

The MMOC is a lovely razor I would say slightly more aggressive than the Clog Pruf and equally as efficient. A smooth BBS 3 pass shave.

The soap has amazing qualities. Super rich lather with loads of cushion and slip n slide. Scent could be a little stronger for me but that is just me being picky.

Bowl lathered using "The Grail" and the superb S.V. Brush. The quality of this brush is unbelievable.
Cloud soft tips with a flow through second to none when compared to the other brushes I have tried.

Finished with alum, balm and a generous splash of Issey Myake.

Enjoy your Sunday and your Shaves. :)

IMG_5778.JPG

Razor > ATT R1 Atlas
Blade > Voskhod
Brush > Razorock BC Synth
Soap > Meissner Strong N Scottish
Post > Boots Freshwood ASB

Excluding the razor the rest of today's shave was generously PIF'd by Ben (@Benz3ne) , I was the lucky participant !!!.There were other goodies included in Ben's PIF that have now gone to a newbie. Many thanks Ben,very generous indeed. :)

Have a good day fellas

View attachment 31816

Razor > ATT R1 Atlas
Blade > Voskhod
Brush > Razorock BC Synth
Soap > Meissner Strong N Scottish
Post > Boots Freshwood ASB

Excluding the razor the rest of today's shave was generously PIF'd by Ben (@Benz3ne) , I was the lucky participant !!!.There were other goodies included in Ben's PIF that have now gone to a newbie. Many thanks Ben,very generous indeed. :)

Have a good day fellas
Glad they've gone down well buddy. :) hope your pal enjoys whatever was left! :D

Back
Top Bottom