SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

SOTD: 16th December 2017.
+1Sat (dec 16th).jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Yardley of London ~English Lavender Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega S 10065 .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Supermax~ Aloe Vera,Vitamin E & Tea Tree Oil .

Blade: Personna Lab Blue .(1)

Razor: Baili BD 191.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Boots~ Essentials Moisturising Lotion.

Duru ~ Lemon Cologne.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend,...It's the maiden shave of the recently aquired Baili BD 191 razor, 'a early christmas gift to myself',not that i need another DE razor, but it's christmas soon & you've got to treat yourself once in a while, also the Supermax cream, first use, which was passed on to me by a work mate.

This week is going to be a 'shave cream week,as i haven't been giving much attention to my shaving creams lately, after the great shaves that i've been having with my soaps & shave sticks recently.

The Supermax cream is a wonderful performer, creating a excellent slick protective lather which didn't dry out my face, leaving a nice post shave feeling...However,when i use shave creams, i'm always over generous with my cream portion size, and end up with enough cream to shave four people!

The Baili BD 191 razor/Personna lab blue was a good match, sharp smooth & efficient,giving me a very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth maiden shave from the razor & cream, with no errors to report.

What more could i ask for?

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of zesty Duru Turkish Lemon Cologne...Lovely stuff.

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 16/12/17

Rex Supply Co. Ambassador
Vreto Citrus, Mandarin & Menthol
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)

Used Rex on setting 1 today, to see how it performed on the lowest setting - ended up having a 4 pass shave, going with the grain, two passes across the grain (left - right and then right - left) and then against the grain.

171216_1_sotd-jpg.22121

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash
Stirling Barbershop
Thäter 4125/2 (face lather)
Brass General
Proline (2)
Fine American Blend Aftershave
YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme EDT

Well after a couple of days just looking at the Thäter I actually used it this morning. Oh my that was quite something. The lovely soft tips felt wonderful on my face, and I think I now understand fully what flow through means. The brush released the lovely creamy lather perfectly for three comfortable passes, and there was easily enough left in the knot for another pass if needed. Is the Thäter three or four times better than a Maseto? Of course not. But we all deserve a little luxury in our life's gents, don't you think? The brush is in excellent condition and I want to thank Rob aka @Blackmass once again for such a pleasurable transaction. You're a star mate. The Stirling soap is rapidly becoming one of my favourites. The post-Shave feel was so good that I decided to forgo any balm. I think I may have to buy another tub or two before my ‘no purchases policy' kicks in on January 1st. Have a great weekend chaps.

Last edited:
QZMVKeKE_o.jpg

Vie Long 13061b
iKon 102 on Windrose Behemoth
Permasharp SS (1)
Phoenix and Beau Borealis
Alum Block, BBA Post Shave Balm & Brut Original

A long awaited first use of a Permasharp, heard good things about them. It was an decent enough blade, I think going off this first use that I prefer Polsilvers, Rapiras and Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinums. A good close shave, one small weeper but I always seem to get one with the 102. The soap lathered fantastically, the scent has grown on me. On initial sniffs I was unimpressed but in use it really opens up and is abslutely lovely. Like Solaris it will be a keeper.

The past few days I have changed my post shave routine to alum instead of witch hazel to see if that makes any difference. Also switched today to a natural alum deodorant, ran out of my roll on so picked it up for a change.

Morning shave.

Stirling Barbershop
Brass General
Proline (2)

Well after a couple of days just looking at the Thäter I actually used it this morning. Oh my that was quite something. The lovely soft tips felt wonderful on my face, and I think I now understand fully what flow through means. The brush released the lovely creamy lather perfectly for three comfortable passes, and there was easily enough left in the knot for another pass if needed. Is the Thäter three or four times better than a Maseto? Of course not. But we all deserve a little luxury in our life's gents, don't you think? The brush is in excellent condition and I want to thank Rob aka @Blackmass once again for such a pleasurable transaction. You're a star mate. The Stirling soap is rapidly becoming one of my favourites. The post-Shave feel was so good that I decided to forgo any balm. I think I may have to buy another tub or two before my ‘no purchases policy' kicks in on January 1st. Have a great weekend chaps.

My pleasure mate and a pleasure to read how happy your are with the brush.
Thanks for the tag too.:D

Morning shave.

Stirling Barbershop
Brass General
Proline (2)

No purchase policy on January 1st lasting untill jan 3rd? :) P.

Greetings All,

Saturday pm shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – Face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Wickham 1912 Club Cola (sample)
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (Setting 5)
Blade: Silver Star (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (Bowl lather)
Bowl: Bideford Pottery Bowls

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then a shower and concluded with Nivea 2 Phase.

Couple of things today:

Firstly, the shave – I closed my eyes, opened the sample and sniffed. It's true, the Wickham 1912 Club Cola smelt like Cola Bottles and instantly brought a smile to my face. I lathered very easily and it was rich and cushioning. So usual Saturday 2 passes and feeling good, though a little tender on the neck.

Secondly, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU @Barry Giddens. He had kindly offered to send me a sample Astra SP blade to try. I was expecting a blade or two and to be honest, I would have been happy with getting that. However, I am utterly blown away at Barry's generosity. Below is a picture of what he sent me so again THANK YOU.

Cheers,

Brian

IMG_0085.JPG

Saturday 16th December
Zenith 506U TS
Vitos Red Super
Ever Ready Natural Angle
aka Featherweight
GEM SSC #2
Alum Wash
Electrif's Bay Rum
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
mHuso8Z.jpg

Was very lazy yesterday, so the shave was delayed till this afternoon. A little more stubble was still no match for the Featherweight. I was clean and smooth in no time. The Vitos sure does leave the skin feeling good.
Happy days!!

Back
Top Bottom