SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

First use of the Timeless razor bronze offering. What a beautifully smooth but efficient razor and looks and feels like a nice hefty chunk of man metal[emoji123]
b7fb50555d08613be29194a546c0431c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SOTD_20171220-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Maggard Razors - MR14 - Slant Head
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Yaqi - Sagrada Familia (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Arko - Comfort
  • After-Shave: Arko - Comfort - Balm

Tue 20th Dec

Omega 11126 boar
Cyril Salter Solid soap
ATT SE1
Achick Proline [ 10 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Am keeping up the Daily Shaves despite being under the weather, though got 5 hours undisturbed sleep
which is a step in the right direction.
Just to confirm my preference for heavier AC/SE Razors I used the ATT SE1 today. I have to say- Weight Wins, placed lightly on the surface the Razor head just shears away the whiskers particularly in areas of the upper face. All in all a very enjoyable shave with great all round finish.

IMG_0462.jpg

SOTD: 191217
View attachment 31872

Blade: Gem SS #2
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Brush: Omega Synth Barber Handle
Soap: Lea Stick
EDT: none

I have taken this photo before for one of my SOTD but I had a play around with it in photo shop. ( I have plenty of time on my hands. ;))

I cannot emphasise enough how magnificent I find the 1912 razor. It truly is a masterpiece with regards to design, innovation and ability in my opinion. An early 20th century wonder.

This may sound silly but I do not recall a time where I had to be seated to shave as I am not very mobile at the moment. It was a strange experience but one I could get used to.
A stunning 3 pass shave to leave me smoother than WD40 on a butterflies wing. (See, I told you I have too much time on my hands. :))

I find the lea stick really easy to achieve a lather helped along with the Omega Synth. Not my favourite synth but it does the job well.

Alum as expected gave me no feedback due to the irritation free and smooth shave achieved.

Enjoy yours!

Nice picture, seems very 'modern' as in I cannot tell what's what :oops:

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Wednesday 20th December

Prep ~ Shower, Mysore Sandlewood soap
Razor ~ Iwasaki Kamisori
Soap ~ BBA Shave Butter
Brush ~ Semouge OC Boar
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~Guerlain Santal Royal

Very happy with this shave, it took a little longer than it should have because my shoulders were painful when I woke but got there in the end and was rewarded with a close shave, the BBA Shave Butter was wonderful, I put it on with a brush this time and found this to be less messy and kept my hands free of slippery soap! :)
BBA PSB to Finnish the shave followed by a spray or two of Guerlain Santal Royal, perfect! :)

Have a nice day! :) P.

Greetings

Wednesday 20th December 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Unknown
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: Portland
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Guerlain Heritage

My first injector shave for several months, I keep a small slip of paper in the cases with my injectors with the make of the blade and the number of shaves but I seem to have lost it from this razors case. I suspect this blade has a lot of shaves on it as it did not feel very sharp.

Regards
Dick.

20.12.17.JPG

Pre - Shower
Brush - Shavenook/Thater - Badger 26mm
Soap - Eufros - Brisa De Oriente
Razor - RazoRock - Wunderbar Slant
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium
Post - Proraso Pre & Post Cream - Eucalyptus & Menthol
AS - Suavecito - Bay Rum

The soap smells wonderfully of gingerbread and cloves
Typical Christmas smells