SOTD: Saturday 16th June- Friday 22nd June 2018.

YxpBby4h.jpg

What's better than a good ol' Cheshire shave on your birthday? The answer: Nothing.
Have a great day!!

A mostley Liz Earle shave today
Pre shave
Shower Liz Earle men shower gel
Liz Earle cleanse and polish
Shave
Liz Earle shave cream
Rockwell 6C plate 2
Feather 2nd use (a bit nervous after the 1st use) but all went well
Post Shave
Alum block
Liz Earle Aftershave balm
Evelyn and Crabtree Morrocan Myrrh cologne

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Wickhams 1912 Russian Leather
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic
PAL Injecto-matic
Proline (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (cucumber)
Williams Aqua Velva Aftershave

The Mrs is out for the day, four World Cup matches, the 2nd ODI versus Australia, and Penelope Cruz popping round to prepare me lunch. Ok, the last one is not a definite, but still a pretty good day ahead. Oh and the shave was top notch too. Have a great weekend gents.

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: WDC-8, Maseto 24mm 2BF
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Rex Supply Co. Ambassador (on loan)
Blade: Astra SP

IMG_20180616_102157.jpg
First of all many thanks to @Blackmass for lending me this beautiful razor, cheers Rob.
I've been itching to try this razor ever since reading the head was based on my favourite adjustable DE, the Gibbs.
At first glance the Ambassador looks very similar to the Gibbs but on further inspection the head is larger with a thicker SB. The handle is about a centimetre longer and it comes in 40g heavier.
My last shave was about 18hrs ago, so not a great test for its efficiency but a good test for its smoothness and I found it quite smooth for a first shave.
It's rather heavy for such a compact razor and gravity alone provides more than enough pressure.
As with most razors new to me I use an alum block afterwards and there was a bit of sting, I'll put that down to the weight and my inexperience with the Ambassador.
All in all I'm pretty impressed and not just with its looks.
Have a great weekend everyone.

View attachment 36404
First of all many thanks to @Blackmass for lending me this beautiful razor, cheers Rob.
I've been itching to try this razor ever since reading the head was based on my favourite adjustable DE, the Gibbs.
At first glance the Ambassador looks very similar to the Gibbs but on further inspection the head is larger with a thicker SB. The handle is about a centimetre longer and it comes in 40g heavier.
My last shave was about 18hrs ago, so not a great test for its efficiency but a good test for its smoothness and I found it quite smooth for a first shave.
It's rather heavy for such a compact razor and gravity alone provides more than enough pressure.
As with most razors new to me I use an alum block afterwards and there was a bit of sting, I'll put that down to the weight and my inexperience with the Ambassador.
How does it compare to the Gibbs? Is it as good, as smooth, or is it too early to say? Thanks. P.

_DSC2737.jpg
soap: Valobra stick
brush: SOC two band finest, great brush
razor: Dovo

No, so far I do not get on with Valobra. It is one of few old school soaps with tallow as main ingredient. I get no magic. Lather is looking good in bowl but when shaving it is just fluff staying on top of brush and on top of stubble. No luck with post shave either skin feeling soft but dry. Noticed my hands after handling lather are also feeling soft but dry. Will use this combo for a week before a final Valobra verdict.

View attachment 36404

Thanks for the tag mate. Enjoy.:)

How does it compare to the Gibbs? Is it as good, as smooth, or is it too early to say? Thanks. P.
I found the Gibbs more instinctive but I think that's just a weight thing and with practice the Ambassador will become just as easy to use.
Thanks for the tag mate. Enjoy.:)
Thanks for the loan and I'm sure I will.

Back
Top Bottom