SOTD: Saturday 16th June- Friday 22nd June 2018.

Saturday 16th June

RSC Facial Scrub
Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Preshave
Vitos Tobacco Shaving Cream
Omega 10049 Boar Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Feather AC SS with a Feather SuperPro Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Aloe Vera Gel
Vitos Tobacco AS
Golden Sands PO

Being a sucker for presentation I have ignored the ugly large bladder that is Vitos Tobacco Shaving Cream.......my mistake. The scent was absolutely glorious! I thoroughly enjoyed this shave...finishing it off with the matching Aftershave and a few drops of Golden Sands Perfume Oil.
Two passes and a touch up for a superb shave :)

@culcreuch
Get yourself a fancy glass liquid soap doser and fill it up barber style.

69f817771e9f52e302a3a1ce7523b26e.jpg

Penelope Cruz popping round to prepare me lunch.

You dinosaur - you totally unreconstructed sexist pig - get with the new century mate - you should be cooking for her. Ha ha. Mind you - when I got home from work last night Salma Hayek (circa 'From Dusk 'Til Dawn' obviously,) had let herself in - she's got keys - done my laundry and then we went for a curry in the Desi Palace in Allison Street. Which was nice. Ha ha ha - yours - I.

Saturday 16th June
Yaqi 26mm Tux
Speick Men grated stick
Ever Ready 1912
0UqKj5G.jpg

Ever Ready Corrux stropping blade
Alum
Lacoste Original A/S
Dove Instant Hydration Cream
NkHlBls.jpg

I used the stropping device from one of my 1914s to strop a NOS ER Corrux blade. It's the first time I've used a stropping blade, and it certainly won't be the last, as it proved to be a far smoother shave than the standard GEM blade.
Speick is another soap I should use more often.

Olaf Rasmussen SP
Rapira SS
Valobra Puck (Cologne)
SOC Taj Mixi
Floid Vigoroso

...the SOC Taj Mixi knot has opened-up a little bit more, it still has a long way to go yet though I suspect. I am adjusting to how much water the knot holds (a lot). The Valobra is a thirsty soap so this knot is ideal but it will take me a while to get the flick-of-the-wrist :) just right after soaking this brush. I like to get the water and soap right first time and prefer not adding water as I go or returning to the puck; just my OCD preference I suppose...

Sat 6th June
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
L'Occitane Cade Cream
Gem OCMM
Schick Proline Type B - AC blade ( 2 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Gem meets Schick
Am sure this has been done by others over the pond, but today had my second outing with an AC blade in the OCMM.
With this blade the Shave is less aggressive than when using a standard blade.In fact the action is very smooth and I had no problems getting an ultra close finish in all areas.Someone has suggested that this is heresy,but the fact is I got a damn good Shave.This is a case for “ Do Try this at Home “.

IMG_0411.jpg

Back
Top Bottom