SOTD : Saturday 17th February - Friday 23rd February 2018

Gillette gel/Wilkinson Sword Classic/Sputnik(5)

I nicked myself on day one with this blade, and have been a bit wary since. But here I am on day five with a shave as close as some blades manage on day two.

This was my first try of a St. Petersburg blade, and I'm beginning to see what all the fuss is about. I'm looking forward to trying the other five examples (Silver Blue, 7o'clock yellow, Astra SP, Platinum and Polsilver) in my vault.

Fri 23rd Feb

Omega 11137 boar
Tabac soap
Schick J3 - Golden 500
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

Finished this Shaving week off with a great Shave. I chose to use a Golden 500, which is rated as a very mild Razor. During the Shave it is incredibly smooth with minimal blade feel, yet without any effort it removed my tough beard, leaving me clean shaven in every area. This for me is the best performing Schick [ H on] confined to the use of a single blade [ has a rising lever ], the very smooth shaving action allows the long handle to be used like a magic wand to eradicate whiskers from even the most stubborn areas.

IMG_0255.jpg

Last edited:
Friday 23rd February

Olive Oil Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Proraso Sensitive Pre Shave Cream
De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap
Zenith EuroAl Boar Brush
Yaqi DOC on a Windrose Handle with a Treet Tez Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Argan Oil
Benjamins Florida Water

The Windrose handle certainly makes the DOC a very efficient razor. The Benjamins Florida Water is very nice as an aftershave....but I think I prefer the scent of the original Murray & Lanman version.

Three passes for a super BBs shave:)

SOTD 20180223.

077zTzD.jpg

J&T® model "Minimalistic" pear / Tuxedo.
Barbiere di Figaro "Distinto".
Vintage Gillette NEW (LC, made in Canada) / Windrose handle.
Crown Platinum Class (4).
Butterfly Florida Water.

RqjWx06v_o.jpg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Rockwell 6S
Zaza Super Stainless (2)
Figaro Black
Thayers Rose, Nivea Balm & Duru Mandalina Cologne

A superb shave shave today, I find this soap a little hit and miss at times but today with the Yaqi it made for a superb lather, it's not a dense lather, slightly airy but it does the job. The scent is wonderful, nice citrus blast for sunning day here today. I really enjoy the madarin of this cologne too, I have hardly used it but leaving it in the bathroom was abad idea, seems when the diffusers run out of juice this is pilfered....

The Zaza worfked well with the Rockwell, better than yesterday. Chanced ATG on my neck and am almost like the oft mentioned dolphins... :D

Back
Top Bottom