SOTD : Saturday 17th February - Friday 23rd February 2018

Shave of the day 23 February 2018

Pre-shave - Shower, face wash Wright's Cold Tar Soap, followed by warm water splash.
Cream - Musgo Real Orange Amber Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Synthetic.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery.
Razor - Colonial Razors - the General SS.
Blade - Kai Captain (Mild) Pink (day 1).
Post - Cold water splash, followed by Myrsol After Shave Balsamic Water.

I was in a hurry this morning, went for a 1 pass shave all over - skin felt really good after the shave. As much as I have enjoyed shaving with the Sabre L2 this week, it was great to run out with the General SS and Kai combination.

Although I was in a hurry, I did not rush the shave - the General SS felt good in the hand.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD: 230218
SOTD 230218 3.jpg

Razor: J.A Henckel 72.5
Brush: Sterling Boar
Soap: Valobra
EDT: Dior Farenheit

Well that was the best straight shave I have had to date. On my last use of this razor I felt some considerable tugging despite many attempts to strop.
My only option was to give our very own @Fergiebilly a shout and asked him if he could work his magic. Off the razor amongst others went up North. He explained that there was no wonder why because the bezel set was a mile off.

Not only did he reset the bezel, sharpen it to a frightening sharp edge finished on his Escher Thuri 16 K +, he fixed the loose pins for me and polished the razor and blade. A truly awesome service and Billy kept me informed throughout the process.
I genuinely cannot believe the difference.
A dream of a two pass shave aided with the boar brush and superbly slick and protective soap.

Thank you Billy you are an absolute gentleman and have an outstanding skill.

Enjoy your shaves and your forthcoming weekend gentlemen. :)

SOTD

Shower bloomwater face prep
Brush Razorock bc silver tip plissoft syn first time use can't wait
Mule Rocca r96 third use of this razor
Blade Astra 1st use
PAA CaD soap
Alum cold water rinse
Nivea post shave balm
PAA CaD cologne

This is first time had smooth and iratation free shave the first use with Astra in this razor tried a couple of others bad shaves don't know if got the blade choice right or changed angle shaved at I'm glad because about to give up with this one.

18F835DA-66FB-4341-8C04-DAED99100C33.jpeg

Pre: Wickham 1912 Shamrock Tweed Face soap
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Stirling 2-band Synthetic
Soap: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre

05ad5434d7488b18c2e704ed72b91a36.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015
Soap: C.R Salter Tallow
Razor: Gillette Tuckaway
Blade: Astra SP
IMG_20180223_160552.jpg

You can say what you like about King Camp Gillette but his company made some cracking razors and the Tuckaway is one of them.
What a lovely well balanced little travel razor it is and it provided a nice smooth finish to the week, aided magnificently by the Salter Tallow soap.
With soaps like this and Vitos so well priced is there any need to buy other brands?
No, but if we only bought what we needed the consumer society could go tits up and then where would we be?
Answers on postcards please to: BBC Analysis #Will the economy go tits up if we only buy what we need?
Happy Shaving one and all!

Last edited:
Friday AM 2018-02-23

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle (Green Oribe & Purple)
Rooney Stubby 3XL Ivory Finest (31/53) (new brush)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo Black Chrome-Nickel Feather AS-D2/Triad Blue Aristocrat Titanium
Polsilver Super Iridium (5)
Penhaligon's English Fern aftershave (vintage)

This brush is very dense and quite scrubby, but it still has very soft tips. It worked well with the wonderful old soap.
CFqaSRQ.jpg

Friday 23rd February 2018
SOTD 23rd Feb.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Body Shop Maca Root face wash and Proraso white
Razor: Merkur 45C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (#1)
Brush: Omega 40033
Bowl: Korium
Soap: Nivea - Sensitive cream
AS: Bulldog balm

A cracking shave today, I really like the 45C razor it always gives a great shave with almost any blade for me. Not having been travelling for a while I decided to break out the 45C and the Omega travel brush as they were not getting much use. I had also not used the Nacet blades for some time, I was quite disappointed with the Nacet when I tried them first, but decided that it was time to try them again. It was well worth it, the Nivea cream is nothing special but what a result. I usually get my best shaves from an SE but I still like to use a DE, well today was one of the best shaves I have had with a DE razor, the last DE shave I recall being this good was with a Timeless. I am sorely tempted to pick up a Bronze Timeless now to see how this works as the price seems reasonable.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015
Soap: C.R Salter Tallow
Razor: Gillette Tuckaway
Blade: Astra SP
View attachment 33583

You can say what you like about King Camp Gillette but his company made some cracking razors and the Tuckaway is one of them.
What a lovely well balanced little travel razor it is and it provided a nice smooth finish to the week, aided magnificently by the Salter Tallow soap.
With soaps like this and Vitos so well priced is there any need to buy other brands?
No, but if we only bought what we needed the consumer society could go tits up and then where would we be?
Answers on postcards please to: BBC Analysis #Will the economy go tits up if we only buy what we need?
Happy Shaving one and all!

Short answer YES and end of ‘Luxury'

Back
Top Bottom