Crown Platinum Class (1).
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer rose water.

19/2/18

Razor - Yaqi OC
Blade - Lord Chrome (2)
Brush - Yaqi Tux
Soap - P&B Vegan
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum

The Yaqi OC head is very mild, possibly as mild as a Tech head and I'm not sure the Lord Chrome was the best match for the razor.

The P&B Vegan sample produced another superb lather, very slick and the post shave feel is exceptional. I'm looking forward to Kerry releasing the full range when he has some time on his hands!

Mon 19th Feb

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
L`Occitane Cade soap
Schick N3
Japanese Schick Twin [ 19 ]
Piton Polar A/S Lotion

Continued the run of Injector Shaves, with my favourite modern Schick that takes a Twin Blade, the N3. The use of the Twin blade transforms a relatively mild Razor, into one that has excellent blade feel and is really an efficient combo.

I did not hurry like yesterday with the Supply SE, and was rewarded with a nice comfortable
Shave, with a finish of the Face Stroking variety. Anyone who owns a modern Schick that takes
a Twin Blade should try and get a pack, as they will be amazed at their performance. I have a relatively harsh beard, and yet the blade is up to 19 and shows no sign of the performance waning.

IMG_0547.jpg

Last edited:
20180219_065957-jpg.25204

Razor: Micro-Matic Open Comb (on loan)
Blade: Personna SS (3)
Brush: Thäter 4125/2
Soap: Eufros GEA
Aftershave: Reuzel

Superb shave with the MMOC kindly on loan from Kevin AKA @Boru62
Couldn't feel the teeth and didn't find it aggressive at all. 3 passes and the smallest of touch-ups on the neck. Strange that I can pick this razor up and get a near perfect shave where's with the Sabre took a number of attempts to get a close shave. Is it my technique or the razor? Don't answer that.

Cheers
Rob

20180219_065957-jpg.25204

Razor: Micro-Matic Open Comb (on loan)
Blade: Personna SS (3)
Brush: Thäter 4125/2
Soap: Eufros GEA
Aftershave: Reuzel

Superb shave with the MMOC kindly on loan from Kevin AKA @Boru62
Couldn't feel the teeth and didn't find it aggressive at all. 3 passes and the smallest of touch-ups on the neck. Strange that I can pick this razor up and get a near perfect shave where's with the Sabre took a number of attempts to get a close shave. Is it my technique or the razor? Don't answer that.

Cheers
Rob
Thanks for the tag Rob, glad you like my favourite Micromatic.
And like you, I don't know how it got its aggressive reputation.

SOTD 190218
SOTD 190218.jpg

Razor: Taylors Eye 6/8 Sheffield
Soap: Valobra Cologne
Brush: Omega 10098
Splash: D R Harris Arlington
EDC: D R Harris Arlingon.

I have been looking forward to trying the Valobra soap and I was not left disappointed.
@culcreuch this soap has amazing cushion and slickness properties. It is extremely protective and slicker than "The Fonz" :rolleyes: ideal for straight razor shaving. I have not used this in stick form but all I can say is it will remain in my rotation. The scent is typical old school and not too overpowering.
It likes water and the Omega boar worked perfectly with it. Thank you @Blademonkey for the boar recommendation with this soap, you were spot on. :)

No feedback from the alum or splash and I am feeling smooth and refreshed.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom