SOTD : Saturday 17th February - Friday 23rd February 2018

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Croap: Alverez Gomez Barberia
Razor: UFO Tornado / ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (4)
EdC: Alverez Gomez Barberia

First use of the Alvarez Gomez cream, which turned out to be a croap with about the same consistency as ADP. The scent is precisely the same as the cologne of the same name, which is great for me, as this is amongst my favourite colognes. The croap needed a wee bit of working to get the lather formed, but it was well worth it, as the lather performed very well. Nice cushion and glide, and some residual slickness, which is not all that common with creams.
One of the reasons I like the Above The Tie S1 slant head is its efficiency. It is a very smooth razor, but the slant design gives it excellent efficiency and the ability to tackle moderately heavy growth. The vintage Gillette Platinum Plus is a good match, being super sharp. I find that it is as sharp as a Feather, and has similar blade feel, but is not aggressive to my skin (which the Feather is). The combination mowed down my 4 day growth with ridiculous ease. Three passes for a DFS+.
Tonight's scent was a no brainer :D.

Blue's Goat's Milk Soap
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C (plate 5)
PolSilver SI (3)
Proraso GreenASL
Tom Ford Black Orchid EdP

Quick tidy up shave this morning prior to driving from home near Nottingham to London to meet our new baby granddaughter Maggie-May, who was born on Monday.
She is a little beauty, whom we shall treasure forever.

Congratulations :)

Sunday's Shave of the Day.

Pre-shave - Shower, followed by warm water splash and Proraso Pre-Shave Cream.
Soap - Proraso Shave Soap (Green).
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Synthetic.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery.
Razor - Blackland Sabre-Gem L2.
Blade - GEM PTFE (day 1).
Post - Cold water splash, OSP Niroli and Menthol Splash, followed by Proraso Aftershave Balm (Green).

Second shave with the Sabre-GEM L2. A 2 pass WTG and ATG, face and neck. Excellent results on the face with some small weepers on the neck.

Overall a better shave today, still dissapointed to see some weepers on the neck - I never had that with the L1 Sabre.

All the best,

Chris

Sunday 18th February 2018
SOTD 18 Feb.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Truefitt & Hill No.10 face scrub and Proraso White
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Schick Proline B20 (#2)
Brush: Maseto 24mm finest extra density
Soap: Scottish Fine Soaps
Bowl: Korium
AS: Benjamins Bay Rum with Pimento
EDT: Joop! Homme

Full head and beard shave with the Fatip-Yaqi. Just marvelous. I actually used a Rockwell handle and not the one pictured, but the threads on the Yaqi are a bit funky and I couldn't manage to get the Rockwell back on properly for the photo. Permasharp blade. Italian Barber now has the DOC on sale with Razorock branding.
71c2de7e0d2d7180cc9d24b012953ff7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sunday AM 2018-02-18

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle (Green Oribe & Purple)
Rooney Emillion Porcelain/Faux Jade Finest (24/55) (new brush)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Delta Echo Ink Edition Feather AS-D2/Triad Diamond Polished-Satin Titanium
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (10)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)

Another great brush, with moderate backbone and extremely soft tips.
9VEngCp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom