SOTD : Saturday 17th March - Friday 23rd March 2018.

Hi, My first SOTD.
Many thanks to all on the forum for the advice over the last few months and ideas of ways for me to spend my money.

Omega 49 Brush (not pictured),
PB Spitfire a lovely soap.
BIC Chrome Platinum, nice and sharp.
Rockwell 6C @4 a new razor to me, and today is the first time I think that I have used it to its full potential.
Pitralon Original, the fragrance isn't quite right with the Spitfire but it is the best I have. Suggestions?

IMG_0530 (1).jpg

26986769928_9876731b1d.jpg

Not one of my finest shaves... Having used Tabac for 3 weeks straight I decided to switch in Palmolive today, big mistake. Sub-par lather, dry itchy face post shave... Ugh this muck is going straight in the bin.

Hi, My first SOTD.
Many thanks to all on the forum for the advice over the last few months and ideas of ways for me to spend my money.

Omega 49 Brush (not pictured),
PB Spitfire a lovely soap.
BIC Chrome Platinum, nice and sharp.
Rockwell 6C @4 a new razor to me, and today is the first time I think that I have used it to its full potential.
Pitralon Original, the fragrance isn't quite right with the Spitfire but it is the best I have. Suggestions?

View attachment 34077
You're first one is always the hardest, well done. Hopefully we will be seeing more SOTD posts from you. :) P.

Saturday 17th March
Yaqi 26mm Tux
Vitos Red Super
Standard Razor
Gillette Nacet #1
Alum Wash
Duru Mandarin Cologne
Lacura Moisturiser
UBpjmNr.jpg

A rare outing for some of my DEs begins with the Standard, the design of which I find really attractive. In fact it was the similar look which also drew me to the aluminium General. The Nacet blade is also proving very capable.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Gillette Slim (4)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Stainess (1)
EdC: Alt Innsbruck

First shave with the recently acquired Slim. I thought I'd pair it with the blade is was designed for and supplied with.
I decided on a setting of 4 for my first shave, and it proved just about right for a two day growth. The Slim was a delight to use. The most prominent impression it made on me was being nimble, and allowing precise blade contact. Three passes for a DFS+. Kept things old school with the Tabac and Alt Innsbruck - sensational!

St Patrick's Day Shave

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
RazoRock Irish Countryside Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
ES Claymore V2 on a Windrose Handle
Proline-P Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
RazoRock Irish Countryside AS

After a challenging night I need to chill out.
A wonderful 3 pass shave... Guinness by my side and an afternoon of Rugby to look forward to:)

SOTD_20180317-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Merkur - 37C Slant
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Vie-Long - 14830 (Horse Hair)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Saponificio Bignoli - Agrumi Del Mediterraneo
  • Alum: Kruidvat
  • After-Shave: Sapone Di Paolo - Arancione

20180317_100318-jpg.26397

Razor: Micromatic Clog Pruf
Razor blade: Personna SS (3)
Brush: Maseto 24mm extra dense Finest Spectrum.
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Mirto di Sardegne
EDP: Guerlain LIDGE.

A fine shave this morning. The SV scent has grown on me. It's not as though I didn't like it. I just found it a little boring.
Performance as usual is top notch.

Talking of top notch. The Micromatic Clog Pruf took no prisoners on 4 days growth. 3 passes and NO touch-ups.

Enjoy you weekend chaps. Stay safe and warm.

Cheers
Rob

EiFtoVgF_o.jpg

Maseto Memphis
Razorock Hawk v2
Schick Proline P-30 (5)
La Savonniere du Moulin
Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel, Myrsol Emulsion & Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey

A superb shave today, really enjoying the Hawk and the P-30's. Been a while since I last used this soap and for me it is amongst the top tier soaps. Leaves the skin feeling superb post shave. Haven't used the Isey Miyake for a while either, I think this is a nice autumn/winter scent, perfect for a day like today, very cold, windy and wintry showers.

Saturday 17th March 2018
SOTD 17th Mar.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Bulldog face wash and Wickham 1912 Shamrock Tweed face soap
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sicky
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - England (#1)
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Wickham 1912 Shamrock Tweed
Bowl: Korium
AS: Wickham 1912 Shamrock Tweed balm
EDT: Armaf Tres Nuit Pour Homme

Back
Top Bottom