SOTD : Saturday 17th March - Friday 23rd March 2018.

I understand what you say regarding the size of these brushes, if you need a quick shave then they must be a go to brush.
One paint stroke across the face and you are done. :D

I also have a 26mm silvertip Maseto with tortoise shell barber handle. I really like this brush for both face and bowl lathering.
If you want to give it a whirl then Pm me mate.

All the best. :)

Indeed, face lathering covers not only my face but the bathroom wall too, lol. Thanks for the offer of the loan, but I wouldn't take you up on that generosity. Funnily enough (that's) the brush I was looking at to buy (when I was allowed to spend)

Cheers

Dubl Duck Wonderedge
Scrupleworks strop
Shavemac D-01 2 Band
L&L
Nevermore Body Company AS

27004286378_b29e3d8d20_c.jpg

Wednesday:
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Sensor Excel
Blade: N/A
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: L&L: Bon Vivant
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux: Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner

L&L 'Bon Vivant' providing the base for an excellent shave.. nuff said, methinks!

Saturday:
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Sensor Excel
Blade: N/A
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: Jeeves of Hudson Street 'Tobacco/Bay Leaf'

1st run out with Jeeves of Hudson Street 'Tobacco/Bay Leaf', and quite frankly, I couldn't fault it... the post shave might not be as luxurious as some of the current big guns, but that's why we have post shave products, innit! ;-)

SOTD: 18th March 2018.

5+.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'Oreal Men Expert ~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Pure Bristle .

Face Lather.

Soap : Chinese Cologne Soap .

Blade: BIC ~ Chrome Platinum.(2)

Razor: Lord L125.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Boots ~ Moisturising Lotion.

Duru ~ Mandalina Cologne.

Greetings,

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday morning with no errors to report .

The star of the shave today was the chinese cologne soap, it provided me with a wonderful protective lather in no time, people are slightly wary of chinese shaving products,'i agree,some i've avoided like the plague, as like many people i've been stung with some products which have been ,for the want of a better word, 'a dangerous pile of shite', but the two soaps i've purchased which are the Cologne shaving soap & Blue's goat milk shaving soap,along with a few shaving brushes have been outstanding purchases, even if the soaps don't show the ingredients,i would not hesitate to buy them again,as they have performed superbly with no irritation issues, 'glowing in the dark',or my face looking like a 'baboon's arse' when i've applied the lather to my face.

What ever the ingredients may be, the chinese are good at making shaving soap...adding to that,Aliexpress is a credit to the wet shaving world, it gives people on a budget,' like myself,' a chance to try out traditional shaving products, at a fraction of the price that other 'so called top brands' overly ridiculously charge,which i simply wouldn't buy even if i was in the financial position to do so, this is just my personal opinion, each to their own, as the saying goes.

My shave set up today has showed me ,you don't need top of the range artisan shaving soap to get a sublime shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Duru ~ mandalina cologne.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.I'm now ready for what sunday has to offer,what ever the dreadful weather is throwing at us in the british isles at the moment.

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: Salters Tallow
Razor: MIL Industries OC (pass around)
Blade: Astra SP
IMG_20180318_102333.jpg

As others have said the finish on this razor isn't great, lots of burring between the teeth on the underside of the baseplate.
Definitely not a £70 razor, though I understand you can pick them up for £20 on eBay.
The blade aligns up evenly and is held securely and the shave was pretty efficient and smooth but my skin feels slightly uncomfortable.
I suspect this is due to the very heavy (+100g) handle and I'll try it with a different handle next time.
The Pashana aftershave is really growing on me, the very old school scent is like comfort food for the olfactory receptors.
Have a great Sunday.

Last edited:
Sunday 18th March
RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Cella Soap
Yaqi Cashmere Shaving Brush
Muhe R41 (2013) on loan from @Wayne Pritchard
Supermax SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Groomed AS Balm
Denim Original AS

Confirmation that I really must get one of these R41 heads. Using what I consider to be a fairly mediocre blade... I had a wonderful close and silky smooth shave.
The remainder of the day will now be spent wondering how I wil get into work for 7am tomorrow:(

L3vvJhjv_o.jpg

Vie Long 04503
Rockwell 6S
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (3)
Stirling Soaps Mountain Man
Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel, Nivea 2 Phase & Al Rehab Silver

With the snow here I feel like a Mountain Man! Just hope it doesn't mess up my Cherry Blossom that just started to bloom!

A cracking shave today, everything worked very well. I love using this brush, superb knot on it, horse is marginally better than boar in my opinion, very little scritch and very soft. Made a superb lather with the always fantastic Stirling. Whatever blade I throw in the Rockwell just gives a smooth and pleasant shave. Maybe the Chinese Gillette Super for an April Fools shave with the Rockwell :D

Back
Top Bottom