SOTD Saturday 18th November 2017 - Friday 24th November 2017

SOTD 20171124.

rh0ZpIe.jpg

J&T® wengé / Maggard synth.
Dusy Professional MEN Kabinett.
iKon X3 / custom handle.
Asco Super Stainless (orange wrapper) (1).
Hugo Boss ASB.

Friday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Alpha - Grooming, Citrus & Neroli Shaving Oil
Razor - ATT SE1 Aluminum Bamboo.
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (Day 9?).
Soap - Bluebeards Revenge Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Splash.

A great 2 pass shave, today, BBS finish no problems.

Have been in a hurry most mornings this week, and have opted to use the ATT SE1 Aluminum Bamboo, as I find I can shave relatively quickly and safely with that razor and the Kai Captain (Mild) blade.

I was away with some friends to a Whisky tasting day, in Elgin on Tuesday, some lovely Ben Riach was consumed - YMMV :). After the distillery trip, we went to Elgin for some food and a wonder, and I came across a shave shop called Sirology and picked up a new shave oil (for me) i.e. the Alpha Grooming along with the Bluebeards revenge shaving cream. First use of these items today, and was pleased with the performance and the result.

All the best,

Chris

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 2000 Boar
Soap: S.V. Felce Aromatica (sample)
Razor: ATT R2 (on loan)
Blade: Astra SP
View attachment 31086

Now I've become more accustomed to the R2, I thought I'd give the highly acclaimed S.V soap a go. The sample was kindly gifted to me by the owner of this wonderful razor, Rob aka @Blackmass.
The soap took a bit of effort to work into a lather, but it was worth it. Great slickness and the post shave is up there with MWF. The scent's familiar but I can't place it, not my favourite scent but not off-putting, and I'd grow to like it.
I was left as smooth as a Comerson's Dolphin calf, which had been drip-fed the finest Sperm Whale oil for the first three months of its life, and then given a daily polish (Ambergris on - Ambergris off) by Daniel LaRusso for a week.

" Comerson's Dolphin calf, which had been drip-fed the finest Sperm Whale oil for the first three months of its life, and then given a daily polish"

LOL, its a good job my office is empty at the moment and I'm not wearing cream coloured chinos :)

6F6i3a2K_o.jpg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Gillette Rocket HD
Shark SS (3)
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Coconut Oud
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours

Second time face lathering with the Yaqi, it was a little thick for the first pass but thinned lovely to a fine lather. I will continue to face lather for the next few days but so far so good, I think today helped with the bigger loading area as opposed to the size of the I Coloniali pot. The Shark was good enough, dulled but sharp enough for a trouble free shave, not as smooth as day 1 and 2.

Australian Private Reserve Santal Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
King Pelican 32
Australian Private Reserve Santal Splash
Australian Private Reserve Santal EdP

0Ob18CX.jpg

I've torn one of my calf muscles and I'm on crutches. Feeling sorry for myself I needed a big hug and some comfort food and nothing does that better than APR Santal. Smooth and smelling good.

Australian Private Reserve Santal Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
King Pelican 32
Australian Private Reserve Santal Splash
Australian Private Reserve Santal EdP

0Ob18CX.jpg

I've torn one of my calf muscles and I'm on crutches. Feeling sorry for myself I needed a big hug and some comfort food and nothing does that better than APR Santal. Smooth and smelling good.

I hope you are feeling better soon, although a torn calf muscle is not quick to heal, you have my simpathy's P.

SOTD 241117
SOTD 241117 3.jpg

Blade: Astra SP #2
Razor: Fatipe Piccolo
Soap: Natural Ireland soap Co. Seaweed (Passaround @Manicdee )
Brush: Omega pro 49 Boar
EDT: L'Occitane Cade

I have just had a wonderful smooth 3 pass BBS shave with the Fatipe Piiccolo and Astra Combo.

I want to know if this soap received a Bronze Award who won the Gold? This is my second use and it appears to get better and better.
Using the magnificent Omega boar I whipped up an amazing thick creamy and protective lather with loads of slip and slide and a post shave feel second to none. A truly brilliant soap and one I shall be buying in the near future.
Thank you @Manicdee for the opportunity, I am well & Truly enabled. :)

Finished my Friday afternoon shave with Alum that gave me no feedback and Pheonix & Beau Balm before a generous splash of Cade.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

SOTD 241117
View attachment 31116

Blade: Astra SP #2
Razor: Fatipe Piccolo
Soap: Natural Ireland soap Co. Seaweed (Passaround @Manicdee )
Brush: Omega pro 49 Boar
EDT: L'Occitane Cade

I have just had a wonderful smooth 3 pass BBS shave with the Fatipe Piiccolo and Astra Combo.

I want to know if this soap received a Bronze Award who won the Gold? This is my second use and it appears to get better and better.
Using the magnificent Omega boar I whipped up an amazing thick creamy and protective lather with loads of slip and slide and a post shave feel second to none. A truly brilliant soap and one I shall be buying in the near future.
Thank you @Manicdee for the opportunity, I am well & Truly enabled. :)

Finished my Friday afternoon shave with Alum that gave me no feedback and Pheonix & Beau Balm before a generous splash of Cade.

Enjoy your shaves! :)
A nicley broken in 49 Wayne :) P.

Agree on the R2 plate @Boru62 - for me it is shaves almost as close as the H2 plate, but with much more comfort.
I haven't tried the H2, but the R2 is very efficient and gets smoother with each use.

LOL, its a good job my office is empty at the moment and I'm not wearing cream coloured chinos :)
When you find a dolphin called a "Comerson's" you gotta go with the flow ;):D

54_AEF8_C8_25_D8_4875_84_B2_5_F279_A479803.jpg

Vitos Red “Super Extra Cocco”
Zenith B02
Merkur 34c
Voskhod
4711 Aftershave

A much better shave than yesterday... Using exactly the same gear o_O

I figured out what went wrong... I was storing the Vitos in a dish without a lid, it had completely dried out, I tried rehydrating it overnight but to no avail - Dead as a dodo. So I sliced off a fresh bit for this mornings shave and was greeted with superb lather.

On a real 4711 trip at the moment, will have to be careful I don't overuse it and put myself off! ...Like (that's) ever happened :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom