SOTD Saturday 18th November 2017 - Friday 24th November 2017

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Cream: Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia
Razor: ATT R2 (on loan from @Blackmass)
Blade: Gillette Nacet
IMG_20171124_162041.jpg

Best shave yet with this cracking little razor, as smooth and efficient as a Gillette Old Type, that's high praise coming from me.
The Alvarez Gomez cream is as good as their other products, which are top notch imo.
A great way to end the week.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Personna Lab (2)
EdT: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Watched a cracking BBC doco on The Battle of Britain this evening, so my choice of soap was a no brainer.
Personna Lab Blue blades are favoured by many shavers, but I don't seem to get on with them all that well. Never bad enough to write off, but they don't seem to suit my skin type (but then again neither do Feathers).
Minor grip aside, a reasonable shave and lovely post-shave feel with the Phoenix & Beau soap and fresh menthol-tinged application of Myrsol Emulsion. Face feeling wonderful now, and kept the British theme going with the EdT.

As Winnie said - "Never, in the field of human conflict, was so much, owed by so many, to so few."

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Cream: Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia
Razor: ATT R2 (on loan from @Blackmass)
Blade: Gillette Nacet
View attachment 31118

Best shave yet with this cracking little razor, as smooth and efficient as a Gillette Old Type, that's high praise coming from me.
The Alvarez Gomez cream is as good as their other products, which are top notch imo.
A great way to end the week.

Great to read your positive reviews. Really pleased you're enjoying it...and you haven't even tried my favourite the S2 yet.:p

Fri 24th Nov
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
OSP Bay Rum
ES Claymore V1
Schick Proline ( 7 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Pitralon Polar A/S lotion

Today got a really good lather from the OSP perhaps a bit better than usual for me.As a consequence had a most smooth and comfortable Shave with the Razor/Blade combo. I am enjoying Shaves with this Razor more since I have started to use a lighter more grippier Handle, as it makes work around the neck and ATG a lot easier. Perhaps because the production run was quite short, the Claymore is a rather unappreciated Razor.

IMG_0095.jpg

straight razor Dumonie a Civray, Martin de Cadre Fougere shaving soap, synthetic Muhle Sophist shaving brush, Boots aftershave

078_Fri_24_Nov_2017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom