SOTD Saturday 18th November 2017 - Friday 24th November 2017

Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Personna Tungsten (13)
Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band
Soap: Nuavia Blu
A/S: Floid Blue
Scuttle: Tanakaska

Excellent three pass shave today. I been going WTG, XTG in both direction and ATG only on my neck as part of my clean up. Seems to provide me with great shaves. Lite dusting of snow last night.

View attachment 30962
It doesn't seem that long ago that you lost all your snow and now it's back! Still it makes for great SOTD pictures! :) P.

SOTD_20171120-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Blackland - Blackbird SB
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Sorrentino - Barzini (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Soap: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Captain's Reserve
  • After-Shave: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Captain's Reserve

K - don't worry - I'm not done yet mate - just winded. @Barry Giddens - is trying to stir things isn't he? We shan't rise to the bait. We're better than that, 'leave it Chantelle - she's not worth it.' I'm not seeing any smooth superlatives coming from the London camp? And to think I lent the b****d my Cobra - there's gratitude for you? Ha ha ha ha - yours - I.
Glad to hear it Iain, as for @Barry Giddens:

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

Two growth and warm shave

Preparation – Face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: OSP – Grapefruit & Menthol (thanks Agent Shave)
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3P)
Blade: Shark SS (2nd)
Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, then showered. Finished with Nivea 2 Phase and sample of Wickham 1912 Magnum Aftershave balm.

I thought I would repeat a shave from last week, but just change the blade to my trusty Shark SS and the results – great shave, no issues even with chasing the BBS, though not quite there.

Tried a sample balm from @Agent Shave – Wickham 1912 – Magnum Aftershave balm. First off, very nice scent, even for a sample it was strong but not overpowering. I think I put too much on as I found it a touch greasy, but once completely soaked in, the post feel is very pleasant and I (the scent) even got a compliment for it.

Cheers,

Brian

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Gem Damaskeene
Blade: Gem Blue Star
IMG_20171120_095400.jpg

A fantastic shave from the little marvels, which are, the Dammo and the Omega 11137.
Maybe there's something to the saying: "The best things come in small packages"
The Tabac soap as usual, performed brilliantly and I wished I'd discovered the ASL years ago.

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Saturday pm shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Soap: P&B Whitechapel (thanks @Agent Shave)
Blade: Shark SS (1st)
Brush: Omega 641 Silvertip (face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then Proraso aftershave Red and Nivea 2 Phase (maybe the other way around).

New soap today – P&B Whitechapel – where to start . . .

1. Scent – Awesome (my kind of scent)
2. Lather – Awesome
3. Residue slickness – Awesome
4. Overall – Awesome

Nuff Said (@phoenixandbeau)

One thing and just a warning (a good warning) this soap is VERY, VERY thirsty.

Cheers,

Brian

Right, ready for Final Score and the rugby - ENJOY YOUR WEEKENDS :D

Morning Brian!
Thanks for the mention & the great review of @phoenixandbeau Whitechapel. We think it is awesome too & seemingly everyone else, now down to the last few.....!
Agent L

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

Two growth and warm shave

Preparation – Face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Soap: OSP – Grapefruit & Menthol (thanks Agent Shave)
Blade: Shark SS (2nd)
Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, then showered. Finished with Nivea 2 Phase and sample of Wickham 1912 Magnum Aftershave balm.

I thought I would repeat a shave from last week, but just change the blade to my trusty Shark SS and the results – great shave, no issues even with chasing the BBS, though not quite there.

Tried a sample balm from @Agent Shave – Wickham 1912 – Magnum Aftershave balm. First off, very nice scent, even for a sample it was strong but not overpowering. I think I put too much on as I found it a touch greasy, but once completely soaked in, the post feel is very pleasant and I (the scent) even got a compliment for it.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian
Good to hear you liked the sample of Magnum Aftershave Balm. The samples we send out are made up from our own stock so it is exactly what you would receive if the full bottle of balm was purchased. Nice when you get a compliment too :)
Agent L

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Monday 20th November

Prep ~ Face wash, Donkey & Goats milk soap
Razor ~ Blackland Sabre with level two base plate
Blade ~ Gem SS
Soap ~ OSP Lavender
Brush ~ Semouge 2000 Boar
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Penhaligon's Sartorial

Shave six with the Sabre fitted with the level two base plate, again an extremely close but comfortable shave leaving me with super smooth skin, the shave no doubt helped along with the wonderful OSP Lavender shave soap. An application of BBA PSB finnished the shave off nicely. A spray or two of Penhaligons Sartorial and I was good to go! Clean shaven and smelling fantastic. :)

Wishing you all a happy Monday........:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom