SOTD Saturday 18th November 2017 - Friday 24th November 2017

V8wihMMn_o.jpeg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Merkur 34C HD
Treet Carbon (2)
Mondial Antica Barberia Original Citrus
Thayers Rose, Rockface All Weather Moisturiser & Brut

First use of the Yaqi and although there is a bit of a glue bump I must say I am very impressed with the brush. The last two synthetics I have bought I wasn't overlyimpressed with (Omega 48608 & Razorock 400) but this brush was superb, 24mm listed but in reality its 25 or so. I am very tempted with the Mysterious Space brush....

First use as well of the Mondial sample, very nice but scent wasn't overly strong. In fact as I write this now I can't remember the scent. The performance was very good, although a bit bubbly at the start. Not much residual slickness or post shave face feel.

20171119_140944-jpg.20804

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal Charcoal face wash
Pre: King of Shaves oil
Razor: Parker Variant (3/2)
Razor blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina

A massive thank you to James AKA @Acer89 for the loan of the Brush and razor.

The Brush: The jury is out on this one. I struggled to create a lather and it didn't want to release the lather. Much chin scratching ensued...

The Razor: I was impressed (shocker!).
I started on setting 3 but after a couple of strokes I changed to setting 2, which was more comfortable. 3 passes and no need for any touch-ups. A very assured razor.
The only negative being the length. It's around 100mm but my is my sweet spot 85mm. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Thanks again to James. You are a star!

Cheers
Rob

I think @Boru62 has upped the ante there @Digimonkey.

I know mate - it's a b*****d. 'And the plucky Scot's lad is on the banter ropes with that deft upper cut.' I thought the Dolphin scale was something we could all get behind - maybe try to get it recognised by the ISO? But - no - somebody has to be different. Ha ha ha ha - I'll have to think about this, I may be some time... yours - I.

I know mate - it's a b*****d. 'And the plucky Scot's lad is on the banter ropes with that deft upper cut.' I thought the Dolphin scale was something we could all get behind - maybe try to get it recognised by the ISO? But - no - somebody has to be different. Ha ha ha ha - I'll have to think about this, I may be some time... yours - I.
You and Captain Oates mate. I don't see you coming back from this one.

If I'd known what would happen when I first typed "as smooth as a pebble on a well lapped beach"....
...I'd still have done it. It's been great fun and actually made me use my brain for a change.
Don't let @Barry Giddens talk you into throwing in the towel I.

Back
Top Bottom