SOTD : Saturday 19th May - Friday 25th May 2018

SOTD - Sunday 20 May 2018

SOTD_20180520.jpg

• Pre-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Oil
  • Straight Razor: Hayashi Diamond - 1000
  • Shaving Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts & Declaration Grooming - 24mm B5 - LavRonze (Select Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Manna di Sicilia - Beta 4.3
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Manna di Sicilia - Balm

Sunday:

32736461sh.jpg

Pre-Shave: Shower & Savon du Midi soap - Garrigue
Razor: Baili BT171A
Blade: Derby Premium (2)
Shaving Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic
Shaving Bowl: Platic bowl from an asia supermarket
Shaving Soap: Wickham 1912 - Irish Fern
After-Shave: Humphrey's Witchhazel & Alverde After Shave Balm

Second shave with the Baili-razor. It was better than the first one, less pressure and a more shallow angle work seem to work. All in all a close and good shave with two small weepers.The Wickham soap works like a charm and has a great scent. I whish that I could get the whole soap range.

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Fitjar Islands Fjellheim Cream
Semogue Owners Club Cherry Boar
Little Wren Pottery
Brass General
Proline (2)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Fitjar Islands Fjellheim Aftershave Gel
Acqua di Parma Mirto di Panarea EDT

I really enjoy using Fitjar Islands products and their customer services are superb. Have a good Sunday gents.

303_F315_D-7742-4_F25-84_FE-0_F19_FF4787_B8.jpg

YaQi Space Fan.
APR Fresca Triage.
Muhle Rocca & Nacet.

Cracking shave though I may have watered down the soap a tad too much on my neck as I presented with a couple of very comfortable micro-nicks, ie I didn't notice them happening. The aftershave is cracking too and the potent EdP is a great finisher to the shave. Cannot fault it and huge hat tip yet again to @Blackmass and @Gem for the chance to try a great artisanal offering! :)

Have a good one guys!

20/5/18

Brush - Zenith B07
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Shark SC
Post - Witch Hazel/Dapper Dan's Menthol Balm
AS - Benjamin's Menthol Bay Rum

For today's shave, I didn't shake off as much water from the brush as I usually do and I was amazed at how much water the Zenith B07 can hold - far more than other 24mm knot sized boar brushes and loaded more soap than I usually do and produced a huge amount of rich and creamy lather, which as delightful as it was to shave with kept on getting all over my glasses!

303_F315_D-7742-4_F25-84_FE-0_F19_FF4787_B8.jpg

YaQi Space Fan.
APR Fresca Triage.
Muhle Rocca & Nacet.

Cracking shave though I may have watered down the soap a tad too much on my neck as I presented with a couple of very comfortable micro-nicks, ie I didn't notice them happening. The aftershave is cracking too and the potent EdP is a great finisher to the shave. Cannot fault it and huge hat tip yet again to @Blackmass and @Gem for the chance to try a great artisanal offering! :)

Have a good one guys!

Thanks for the tag Ben. I was particularly impressed with the aftershave.

Enjoy your Sunday. :cool:

Cheers
Rob

View attachment 35668 ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ CR - Brass General
Blade ~ Feather Pro Super
Soap ~ Stirling - Bay Rum
Bowl ~ TSR Group Buy
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Penhaligons Bayolea edt

A close and smooth shave was had with the above, a fantastic scent from the shave soap which was complemented by the wonderful Bayolea from Penhaligons.

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday.....P.

I had a sample of Bayolea this week and really rated it.
Would you class Bayolea as a Bay Rum scent then? I'm afraid I have no experience of what Bay Rum is supposed to smell like?

Cheers
Rob

Sunday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap: Van Yulay: Enter the Dragon
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve
Fragrance: Mona di Orio Vanille

Van Yulay, always a lush protective lather, and Enter the Dragon was no different... Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve is absolutely wonderful stuff... all finished off with the very delicious MdO Vanille... Happy Sunday everyone.

I had a sample of Bayolea this week and really rated it.
Would you class Bayolea as a Bay Rum scent then? I'm afraid I have no experience of what Bay Rum is supposed to smell like?

Cheers
Rob
Penhaligons say its a renaissance of a bay rum preperation from the archives. Rediscovered in the pages of time.
The spice (black pepper, cardamon) of life (Mandarin , tangerine) brings panache to the lemongrass and musk- Patcholi that characterises this energetic scent.
The final touch? Soothing lavender and moss, musk and amber-patchouli .
The firm favourites of gentelman (and sailors)

So it's Penhaligons take on a bay rum scent.....I have not found two bay rum scents that smell the same, everyone has a slightly different take on it and I don't think this one is a typical bay rum but I love it.
Just perfect for hot sunny days sipping a rum and coke! :) P.

Sunday 20th May

Birch Tar soap
Proraso Pre Shave Cream
RazoRock Caribbean Holiday Soap
Zenith Euro Al Boar Brush
Schick I1 Injector with a Schick Twin Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Argan Oil
Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum

Well what a shave! Perfect but almost too easy.
I find myself in a bit of a conundrum. This was not an SE shave. It was a multiblade shave. So what sort of razor is it.....apart from Vintage?

Sunday 20th May

Birch Tar soap
Proraso Pre Shave Cream
RazoRock Caribbean Holiday Soap
Zenith Euro Al Boar Brush
Schick I1 Injector with a Schick Twin Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Argan Oil
Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum

Well what a shave! Perfect but almost too easy.
I find myself in a bit of a conundrum. This was not an SE shave. It was a multiblade shave. So what sort of razor is it.....apart from Vintage?
Vintage dual blade razor :p P.

Back
Top Bottom