SOTD Saturday 19th Sept to Friday 25th Sept 2015

Wed 23rd Sept.
Vulfix 404
Vitos Red soap
ER E bar / featherweight
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Floid Vigoroso A/S

Unexpected shave with this new acquisition , to me felt more aggressive than its cousin the " G " Bar. It was a really good experience,and was really pleased at the quality of shave achieved.

tP1130001.jpg

Greetings

Wednesday 23rd September 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: Gem Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue OC 2 Band
Soap: Boots Vintage
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Terre D'Hermes

A superb shave. For me the OCMM always gives a first class shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC06259.JPG

Wed 23rd Sept.
Vulfix 404
Vitos Red soap
ER E bar / featherweight
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Floid Vigoroso A/S

Unexpected shave with this new acquisition , to me felt more aggressive than its cousin the " G " Bar. It was a really good experience,and was really pleased at the quality of shave achieved.

I also have an ER G-bar, I call it an "ER Heavy Flat Top" (well that's what Paul told me to call it)
Acquire_150315-3_zpscpu9dtnq.jpg

It is a marvel in that it seems to handle any condition of blade extremely well from new-sharp to long-in-the-tooth . It's a fuss-free joy to use and I like the way the handle end kind of hooks round my little finger. I find it a touch on the mild side compared to other SEs but still delivers a pretty close shave.

6xMymNdl.png

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Pre: Neal's Yard Revitalising Face Scrub
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Feather (3rd)
Post #1: Anthony After Shave Balm
Post #2: Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
Scent: Tabac Rouge by Phaedon

Schick Type F ...:)
DSC_0136_zpsqiwvccvf.jpg

23/09/15
Three Pass Shaving Routine...:p

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Schick type F Injector
Chinese Schick injector blade x 5
Semogue Boar Brush
WARS Classic Shaving Cream (added Argan oil)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
Shropshire Sun Set Spice natural balm

I had shave number 5 on this Chick Injector blade today in my Schick Type F....This blade feels as sharp as the day I put it in the razor after my 5th three pass shave with the most perfect irritation free close BBS Result....The Chinese know how to make a blade that's for sure...;)

The Mighty F Type does it again...:D
Billy

Proraso White
Whipped Dog 24mm Synthetic in Custom Acrylic handle
Schick Adjustable
Schick NOS Twin[4]
Brut AS
Boss Just Different EDT
Another cracking shave. Nice creamy lather from the Synthetic has a somewhat more dense feeling than the lather from my Omega 49.
Nice backbone and lovely soft feel. Nice wee brush.

SOTD 23/9/15

Hot Towel
Rock Face Scrub
Mitchells Wool Fat
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Merkur 39C
Astra SS (6)
Cold Towel

AdobePhotoshopExpress_9bfcbed0840046639341ea7aefcb8d6b.jpg

Wool Fat Wednesday. I prepped with the hot towel and facial scrub, and lathered up a storm with The Fat. Performed WTG, XTG and ATG passes, and found for the first time that the Astra fell short of 7 days, as today it felt dull on the last pass. Still, almost total BBS was achieved with fantastic post shave finish as usual. Topped off today with a Prada scent for a little indulgence.

Result? 5/5. Great shave was had today.

SOTD - Wed
Pre: Village Barber oil
Cream: Baume.Be
Brush: Rubberset-400 replica with 26mm Ãœbersoft
Razor: Schick dial adjustable (M15)
Blade: (NOS) Schick Injector Twin (5)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel followed by Village Barber balm
Holy cow! I thought my shave yesterday with Xpec was good! I'm not a big fan of creams but this Baume.be cream is phenomenal! If you've never tried it, you need to. It'll blow your mind.
Fabulous lather and shave.

Merkur 34HD, Sputnik
Hand-carved Beech 2-band 24mm Finest
Ingram
Blue Stratos AS
Astral

Doesn't get much better than this - totally drama free and as near BBS as doesn't matter.

IMG_1816.JPG

Dr Selby Deluxe Shaving Soap
Ever Ready 500BN w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Gem Junior & Gem Damaskeene (7)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pashana Original Aftershave
Jacques Bogart One Man Show EDT

Face Lathered
One Pass - WTG (Slide)

What an efficient razor the Gem Junior becomes with a vintage blade installed ...

I truly love the Gem Junior. To think, they got the design absolutely right with this and then moved onto the Damaskeene design. I find this razor so smooth with modern GEM blades, but put a vintage Gem Damaskeene blade in and it becomes a different beast! Better, I'd say. Two days growth, one pass to wipe off with slide stroke. Superb!

My first dance with Pashana, too, and it was wonderful! Why did I wait so long?

Jacques Bogart One Man Show topped it all off. Pine, leather and oakmoss dominate, backed up with a subtle spice, basil and patchouli, just picking up where the Pashana finished. I most definitely have a new friend here.

Back
Top Bottom