SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

Friday 26th January 2018
SOTD 26 Jan.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Body Shop Maca Root face wash and Proraso White
Razor: iKon 101
Blade: Triton R3 (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip
Soap: Speick Men Cream
Bowl: Korium
AS: Bulldog balm

First shave with the Triton R3 blade. I got these blades a while ago and only just around to trying them, this is an excellent blade very sharp and very smooth. Thanks @Celar36 .

It's a shame they are no longer available, I think tryablade.com have some but not cheap. Bolzano are one of my favourite DE blades and I believe they are from the same factory so not surprised the R3 performed well.

Mentally Vigorous rides again.............

Evening/morning Tom - happy Australia day mate. 'Advance Australia Fair' indeed - you do realise that a significant number of people think that 'Waltzing Matilda,' is your national anthem? Ha ha. 'Mentally Vigorous' - I think I'd like to pass this to the third umpire for a ruling - i.e @Scotshave - the originator of the term. In terms of your orange Floid aftershaves - the 'Orange Floid,' one of the world's least successful tribute acts except in parts of Northern Ireland and west central Scotland - you have the Suave - a fine aftershave but frankly for girls - and the Vigoroso - both of which come in the standard 150 ml size then the Vigoroso Special Edition in the very lovely retro 400 ml bottle. I understood - perhaps wrongly - that the latter has even more menthol - sorry - mental in it than the standard? As I say - I think we need a ruling on this. Good luck on Sunday - if nothing else the heat will get to the poms. Ha ha ha. A friend is currently working there doing the official photography for the Commonwealth baton relay and he said it is oppressively hot. Mind you he is Scottish and we are used to living under a thick blanket for six months of the year. Cheers - I.

Evening/morning Tom - happy Australia day mate. 'Advance Australia Fair' indeed - you do realise that a significant number of people think that 'Waltzing Matilda,' is your national anthem? Ha ha. 'Mentally Vigorous' - I think I'd like to pass this to the third umpire for a ruling - i.e @Scotshave - the originator of the term. In terms of your orange Floid aftershaves - the 'Orange Floid,' one of the world's least successful tribute acts except in parts of Northern Ireland and west central Scotland - you have the Suave - a fine aftershave but frankly for girls - and the Vigoroso - both of which come in the standard 150 ml size then the Vigoroso Special Edition in the very lovely retro 400 ml bottle. I understood - perhaps wrongly - that the latter has even more menthol - sorry - mental in it than the standard? As I say - I think we need a ruling on this. Good luck on Sunday - if nothing else the heat will get to the poms. Ha ha ha. A friend is currently working there doing the official photography for the Commonwealth baton relay and he said it is oppressively hot. Mind you he is Scottish and we are used to living under a thick blanket for six months of the year. Cheers - I.
Ah, yes. I use the 400ml Special Edition. It's the only Floïd I've tried; and I don't know if it's more or less vigorously mental than its stablemates. However, compared to the mental content of Proraso, Fine Platinum and Alt-Innsbruck, I think it's up there in the Librium/EST/Good Old Lobotomy category...

Ah, yes. I use the 400ml Special Edition. It's the only Floïd I've tried; and I don't know if it's more or less vigorously mental than its stablemates. However, compared to the mental content of Proraso, Fine Platinum and Alt-Innsbruck, I think it's up there in the Librium/EST/Good Old Lobotomy category...

Indeed - I must try a controlled experiment between the two - not sure how though? In the interim - have you used Alcolado Glacial? None more mental in my experience. Follow up with the Vifrex gel for full effect. Cheers - I.

Indeed - I must try a controlled experiment between the two - not sure how though? In the interim - have you used Alcolado Glacial? None more mental in my experience. Follow up with the Vifrex gel for full effect. Cheers - I.
I haven't, Iain. The eternal optimist in me anticipates warmer weather (or something approximating it) in our north-of- the borderness; so I'm going to try and undertake some mental experiments this year:OSP, P&B Denali (if I can track it down). Anything with the term ‘Glacial' in it warrants attention.

I do enjoy a mental face freeze, though. In a moment of utter lunacy, during a (yet another) cold spell, I used Proraso Mental and Eucalyptus pre-shave, Proraso M&E soap, the pre-shave again and finally the after shave. My tubes were as clear as a Presbyterian minister's conscience; my face as cold as Satan's living room in Dante's Inferno.

8Hj0t5A.jpg

PARADIGM :: PALADIN :: TALLOW + STEEL

I haven't, Iain. The eternal optimist in me anticipates warmer weather (or something approximating it) in our north-of- the borderness; so I'm going to try and undertake some mental experiments this year:OSP, P&B Denali (if I can track it down). Anything with the term ‘Glacial' in it warrants attention.

I do enjoy a mental face freeze, though. In a moment of utter lunacy, during a (yet another) cold spell, I used Proraso Mental and Eucalyptus pre-shave, Proraso M&E soap, the pre-shave again and finally the after shave. My tubes were as clear as a Presbyterian minister's conscience; my face as cold as Satan's living room in Dante's Inferno.

You should consider the Meissner Tremonia Mint Ice Mental paste - as cold but significantly easier to use than the Denali - team that with the Alcolado Glacial and Vifrex - and if you are truly reckless use cold water - Satan will be skating to work - no danger. Dante be damned. If you want to try the Denali pm me - I'll send you a sample. It's odd stuff. Being Scottish - there's no point waiting for hot weather is there? We might miss that single day in the year? Yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom