SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

Evening/morning Tom - happy Australia day mate. 'Advance Australia Fair' indeed - you do realise that a significant number of people think that 'Waltzing Matilda,' is your national anthem? Ha ha. 'Mentally Vigorous' - I think I'd like to pass this to the third umpire for a ruling - i.e @Scotshave - the originator of the term. In terms of your orange Floid aftershaves - the 'Orange Floid,' one of the world's least successful tribute acts except in parts of Northern Ireland and west central Scotland - you have the Suave - a fine aftershave but frankly for girls - and the Vigoroso - both of which come in the standard 150 ml size then the Vigoroso Special Edition in the very lovely retro 400 ml bottle. I understood - perhaps wrongly - that the latter has even more menthol - sorry - mental in it than the standard? As I say - I think we need a ruling on this. Good luck on Sunday - if nothing else the heat will get to the poms. Ha ha ha. A friend is currently working there doing the official photography for the Commonwealth baton relay and he said it is oppressively hot. Mind you he is Scottish and we are used to living under a thick blanket for six months of the year. Cheers - I.
Hi Iain, and thanks for the good wishes regarding Australia Day, mate. There are many folk here in Australia that wish that Waltzing Matilda was our national anthem.
I was certainly not the originator of "Mentally Vigorous", but it gave me a great laugh when I saw it being used on the Forum. Nothing like a bit of craic - that's what makes this forum, and our own Aussie Forum "Cut and Paste", an interesting place to get involved, as opposed to some "drier" options.
Have a wee bevvy for me; Here's tae ye.

Last edited:
SOTD_20180121.jpg

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Closed Comb - 0.68mm - 100mm Barber Pole
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: BristleBrushwerks - 24mm Virginia Sheng (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn - Moroccan Myrrh
  • After-Shave: Hawkins & Brimble - ASB
  • Fragrance: Armani - Code
Hi, I'm curious how you find the Hawkins & Brimble ASB? Just started being stocked in my local supermarket. The packaging alone is talking to me! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom