SOTD : Saturday 22nd January-Friday 28th January 2022.

Sunday 23rd January

Soap • TDS Sandalwood
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3 - Standard
Blade • Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (1)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous

Kai Pink blade is noticeably sharper than the outgoing Proshave S, which only lasted for five shaves.
Not only sharper, but a better finish was achieved without having to try.

Sunday 23rd January

Soap • TDS Sandalwood
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3 - Standard
Blade • Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (1)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous

Kai Pink blade is noticeably sharper than the outgoing Proshave S, which only lasted for five shaves.
Not only sharper, but a better finish was achieved without having to try.
My preferred blade, fella

1CBD441D-6524-44A7-9483-178B94BA894E.jpegSOTD: 24/01/2022

Razor: Hone 15a
Blade: Sputnik Blade, 3rd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Lothur Tears Croap
Aftershave: Channel Allure EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Superb shave from all elements, soap, razor brush we’re all great! I love this scent and the splash will have to be added at a later date.
Have a great day guys.

Last edited:
24/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - La Toja stick
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
3a.JPG
Take a mild, efficient razor load it with a sharp blade then 2 passes for a very comfortable, close finish.
What more could a man ask for in a shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Mon 24th January

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Ach Brito Mogno
Personna Super Stainless
Schick S/S Single - Japan ( 1 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

This Razor is one that is not the easiest to get a Shave with. I had almost given up on it until I tried a Personna Blade. Today I am trying a Japanese Schick as a change. The Shave itself was smooth enough, but from memory I got a better finish with a Personna Blade. Need a few more Shaves to confirm which is the better blade in this Razor.

BCAE6572-F490-4DE2-8C97-CD44F801DAB0.jpeg

Last edited:
Wet face then Unscented Cube

Soap: B+M Cologne Russe

Brush: Omega 10049

Razor: Masamune

Blade: Derby Extra #1

Post Shave: Alum block - B+M Cologne Russe splash

DE Shave #89

1st shave with the Omega and despite 3 test/defunking lathers I didn't get it right for the shave. I had to revisit the soap during the shave.

A new Derby in the Masamune had the same feel as in the R6S and I probably won't use them again. I wouldn't describe it as an uncomfortable shave just not as good as other blades I have.

IMG_0409.JPG

2022 01 24.jpg

24/01/22

Pre - Soap Free Face Wash w/warm water
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Yaqi 24mm Boar
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Astra SP (2)
Post - Lea 0%
AS - Superdrug Sierran Breeze

I bought a few new boar brushes from Yaqi, ones which were sold as defect handles, which from the outset look unblemished but I think they are sold with defective knots, ie shedders are so on. When I gave the two new boar brushes (one black and the other blonde) a soak and rinse, I was taken back at how many bristles were lost, maybe 10 or so each.
I had very low expectations for using the blonde one for today's shave, but in use it seemed to be adequate, it didn't shed too much, maybe a few during the shave. In terms of feel, it's fan shaped and quite floppy and took a fair amount more soap to get going than I'd use for a brush that size, but seemed to produce a good lather nonetheless, I'd say it felt somewhere between a new Semogue 1470 and the bleached Zenith I have, with the Yaqi's knot being far less densely packed, but I still enjoyed using it during the shave. I will keep on using it for a while to see if it breaks in and stops shedding/settles in, I can't see it becoming my favourite, it lacks backbone.

Onto the shave itself, an absolute cracker of a shave, really smooth and comfortable, I always find the second shave with an Astra SP to be better than the first. Finished the shave with Superdrug Sierran Breeze, a good no nonsense citrus splash.

Have a good start to the week chaps.

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Colonial General in SS
Blade: Kai Sharpblade (1)
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Cream: OneBlade - Lavender

A return to my trusty General for this week and not trying new razors. Well, I am still trying something new but its blades this time. Couple of Kai blades generously gifted by @BAW. And today's choice was the Kai Sharpblade. And boy it's sharp!
I had a previous encounter with Kai blades in the form of Kai mild pinks and it wasn't a pleasurable experience. Unfortunately today's shave was pretty much a re-enactment of the former.
Way to sharp for me. Don't get me wrong a very smooth blade but left a lot of nicks behind.
So you can put it into perspective my preferred choice of AC blade is the Schick Proline. I am not a fan of Feather professionals either which I think this Kai blade more resembles to.
The bad experience was somewhat compensated by the pleasant herbal scent provided by today's combo of shaving cream and after shave treatment.

Wishing everyone a great week ahead!

SOTD.jpg

Monday AM 2022-01-24
National Compliment Day
2UbsMYq.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Floris Elite shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Wilkinson Bonded System (7)
Fabergé Brut aftershave (vintage)

The Elite, with its cool notes of the boardroom, always reminds me of the Type A guys with whom I used to hang out (none of whom would ever have used Brut since their college fraternity days). Fortunately, now that I am retired, I no longer have to be uptight about much of anything. Another great shave.
0GR4HYl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom