SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

Christmas Day SOTD. [emoji41]

07f22693c911425bc5a027e31008d85e.jpg

Timeless 0.95
Shavemac custom D01 3-band
Stirling Christmas Eve soap and AS Balm
Sweyn Forkbeard Pre-Shave Oil and Beard Oil

Have a great Christmas and New Year everyone. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20171225_112935-jpg.22447

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Charcoal face wash and Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilian bath soap
Razor: Micromatic Clog Pruf
Razor blade: Personna SS
Brush: Elite Razors Manchurian
Scuttle: Throne In Stone
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Pitralon Classic aftershave
EDT: Guerlian L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme

Hope you all have a great day. Merry Christmas.:D

Here's another installment of my favourite tracks of 2017...

Cheers
Rob.
Congratulations on your scuttle Rob.
That looks amazing. :)

MnMPOwh6_o.jpeg

Maseto Memphis 24mm Finest Badger
Muhle Rocca R96
Supermax Super Platinum (1)
Tallow & Steel Boreal
Alum Block, BBA Post Shave Balm & Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey

First off Merry Christmas to all. A good shave today with mostly new products, been a long few weeks seeing these almost daily and not being able to use them. The wait was worth it though, what a superb brush. I can certainly understand the hype, so soft and made for a great lather. Love the faux horn handle too. The razor shaves very well, a notch or two above the R89, I would put it around a 3 or 4 on a Progress/Variant for aggressiveness (to me). The soap is really nice, very woodsy and seems to be made up of every type of tree you can find. Superb lather, on par with Stirling Soaps in my opinion. I would be interested in trying their Morocco soap, that is next on the list for my birthday.

First use of my anticipated Shave Bowl, very good. The colour takes getting used to, too used to seeing the lather in my sand coloured bowl. Certainly useful to take to the bathroom and hang the tools on and made a very creamy lather.

Hope you chaps have had a great day and found yourself on the nice list and not the naughty one. Nadolig Llawen pawb.

Christmas shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's followed by Murdoch Pre-shave oil.
Razor - OneBlade Genesis (v 2).
Blade - Feather DAY (Day 1).
Soap - Murdoch Shave Cream, Avalon.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery.
Post Shave - OSP Neroli and Menthol Splash.

Merry Christmas, I hope everyone had a great day and that all is peaceful and well.

I wanted a good, safe, fuss free shave today, adopted for the OneBlade, which I have not used in months, also first run out with the Murdoch pre-shave and shave cream.

A fantastic shave, 3 passes, no issues, skin felt great: smooth, clean, no readiness and relaxed.

The OneBlade certainly delivered a fuss free shave.

All the best to all,

Chris

Sotd - 25/12/17

Razor - Gem MM OC brass
blade - ER Corrux (lost count)
brush - Chubby 2 Best
soap - Razorock Puros tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Extro Tabbaco
balm - Albarez Y Gomez Barberia moisturiser
scent - Creed Tabarome.

Result - perfecto.

I knew what I wanted for software this afternoon but I had no idea which razor to use. I have been seriously spoiled this shaving year by discovering vintage single edges. Important for me also, was discovering the vintage blades in tandem. As often - a look through other members posts can provide inspiration. Thanks Rob - @Blackmass - for posting a brass GEM today. For me - it's nose to nose with this razor and the Streamllne? Even into the last furlong- it is neck and neck. They both have the same size, geometry and heft. It would be a dead heat in my opinion. There is something very lovely about the brass though. I managed to break my temporary addiction to the Semogue massive boar. What's the opposite of that brush? My Chubby 2 in best - nice. Granted it is still massive but it's made out of well broken in - very good batch - badger.
So - happy days - a great shave. Today is just another day for me - but if you take a more traditional approach - I hope you have had/ are having/ will have - delete as appropriate for your time zone - a great day. My very best regards to you and yours - cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom