SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

RYzvrn7w_o.jpeg

Yaqi Mysterious Space Fan
Gillette Fat Boy
Feather (1)
Phoenix and Beau Borealis
Alum Block, BBA Post Shave Balm & Old Spice Wolfthorn

Holy Moley! What a combination, you know when everything just clicks. I haven't had good experience with Feathers in the past, but after over a year I tried one again. What a perfect combination, smooth and comfortable at setting 4. One of the best shaves I have had, no sting or discomfort from the post shave alum. The Wolfthorn is lovely, a nice citrus burst. I must say I am looking forward to seeing how the Feathers so in the Fat Boy, may need to invest in a few more.

Greetings,

Apologies for no shaving write ups for the last couple of days, to be honest – Lego'd out. Who the heck am I kidding, loving every minute of building with my boys and still plenty of boxes left to go. I could bore you with the Star Wars, Avengers and Minecraft Lego model, but I will save your sanity.

Pre Christmas, I continued using the Gillette Nacet for shaves 4 and 5. It continued to perform well and will definitely be added to my den. Was given a couple of samples from @Agent Shave, being P&B Pall Mall and Wickham Citrus Musk aftershave balm.

P&B – Pall Mall was superb, lovely lather, slick and cushioning and the scent was there, don't get me wrong it was / is very pleasant, just not strong enough (maybe that was because I had a sample – which means having to buy the full tub)

Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk – very pleasant scent but I product itself a bit over greasy on my skin and took a while to full absorb.

Blade testing will re-commence once I am back into my normal week at work which will be in a couple of weeks. So…

Wednesday shave

Two (ish) day growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)
Soap: Razorook XXX
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist (white handle)
Blade: Treet Platinum (sample thanks to @Agent Shave)
Brush: RazoRock Plisoft 24mm (face lather)
Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea 2 Phase followed by Molton Brown Black Pepper AS.

What a great shave – I wish I have kept to Treet blade for my test – I was tempted, but could not resist trying it this morning. 3 passes result with a smoother than smooth feel. I might stop using the blade and buy more and add it to my test.

I hope everyone had a wonderful festive period – it's not over, so stay safe and no drink driving

Cheers,

Brian
Brian

Glad to hear you have been making good use of the samples we sent. P&B Pall Mall is a very gentle scent compared to other Barbershop profiles. The sample we send is cut from a full tub so would be exactly as is. Will be interested to hear if you put the Treet blades to test!

Happy New Year from us all at Agent Shave

Agent L

Back
Top Bottom