SOTD: Saturday 24 to Friday 30 December of 2022

SOTD: 24th December 2022.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Monsavon Au Lait shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 94R. (Face) - Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./ Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

Greetings,

(Christmas Eve Face & Head Shave)

As it's Christmas day tomorrow I have chosen some of my pre-Christmas presents for the shave.

Maiden shave using the recently purchased Omega 11137 boar brush.

I gave the Omega 11137 my pre-cleaning ritual a five minute soak in tepid water & pre-wash with Dettol anti-bacterial & Palmolive hand bars soap leaving it to soak for a few minutes to get rid of any manufacturing nasties, remove any loose hairs repeated the process to remove the faint natural piggy fragrance which the soap removed and finally a rinse with warm & cold water to remove any soap residue. I let the brush fully dry out for 48 hours making it ready to use.

As with most boar/natural hair brushes with regular use it'll be a great brush especially for face /dome-head lathering.

Another wonderful addition to my humble boar brush collection.

The inexpensive Monsavon Au Lait shaving soap from my first use i was swooned by it's performance and the post shave feel you get from it. Another shaving soap like MWF "The Fat" I could quite easily use with each of my shaves and be happy and content, but like us all i like variety with my shave set ups.

A wonderfully smooth 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable Christmas eve face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Christmas eve ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Themed, 'Four shaves for the price of one'. Da da. This morning's early effort.

20221224_071640.jpg

Four razors - Stainless Mongoose
Four blades - Feather Super Professional
Four brushes - PAA Pelegrino
Four creams - Signature Soaps Hibernia
Four skin - Botanics moisturiser

'He's a horrible man, blurghhh'
'Why, good day Mr Satanfriendly'

A nice start to this new week of SOTD's and a Christmas week in to the bargain.

A wonderful turn out from team shave and a very happy start to the day.

Be well one and all and I love you all

Always obliging and a pleasure to offer some Japanese ladies.......And who are these? You may ask. I don't have a bloody clue...

SOTD 20221224.
KX3SQfb.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream.
Brush black walnut / APShaveCo SynBad knot.
T.O.B.S "Lavender" shaving cream.
Vintage Gillette Old Type / Stork Ti "AN14" handle.
Sputnik Teflon (3).
Rebul "Lavanda" EdC.

SOTD: 24/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Feather Artist Club Pro Guard, 4th use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Cella Cream Da Barba Croap
Aftershave: Stirling Christmas Eve Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of A Christmas Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

The most Christmassy Christmas Eve shave I could manage.

Also mucking about with the camera and leaving something out for Santa hoping to undo any naughtiness he might have tallied up for me this year.

3861D65E-6E59-428C-8F4B-50239BEF9D09.jpeg

065E3A36-7BAE-49C7-971B-1479BD9A16D5.jpeg

24/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - OSP No.08
Wk 52 (1).JPG
Happy belated Anniversary to you both @LeeMaz, i hope you enjoyed your evening.
i am BBS smooth from 2 passes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 24-Dec
20221223_105404.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: PAA Space Nog
Razor: Schick Injector No Idea
Blade: B-20 (3)

Getting better with this injector, I think the Injectomatic was the right way to go. This one needed a bit more buffing, on the plus side despite the extra three was no irritation. To be fair the PAA strength may just numb my face but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Another good shave, still no impending desire to go on the hunt for more, well perhaps there's still the E2 or F Type, but I'm not bouncing so much that I'm actively looking.

Got a busy day ahead of me, decided to do Christmas Dinner today so we can chill and dine on leftovers tomorrow, wish me luck!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Saturday December 24, 2022
Razor: Stirling Stainless DE/Dallas Handle
Blade: Euromax
Brush: Graydog Quilt/Synthetic
Soap: Sir Henry's Kentucky Rain
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Sir Henry's Kentucky Rain
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,510

I don't know how many of these have sold and gone out the door but it should be a boatload. Extremely nice blend of the 3 scent notes stated (Rose,Bourbon and Leather) It's not heavy on the rose but just enough to be there for me. Well crafted blend of these @dominicr ! 2 passes on the face and 3 on the neck has me there with this aggressive razor even with the standard head. You can turn a tractor trailer around in the blade gap and it has blade feel for sure. Still a smooth shaver when technique is on and you are wide eyed andpaying attention. Up to 1 degree at the moment and heading to the double digits of 19 today, YAY !! Have a great day Everyone !!
KffkcrY.jpg

85161FBE-2D30-451D-8F7A-D8565A7A0C83.jpeg
SOTD: 24/12/2022

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Chrome
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain Puck
Fragrance: Stirling Christmas Eve Eau de Toilette

Many thanks to everyone for the anniversary wishes! A good evening, meal and drink was had by us both, for the first time in 3 years as I had C19 one year, the following my wife got it, so it was great to finally get out to celebrate! Even the cold from hell relented so I could enjoy and taste a meal for the first time in a week!
Seemed appropriate to use the Christmas Eve splash today for what was a lovely little shave, I need to hunt the soap down as it’s a sweet take on a traditional pine, fir, evergreen, soap with added notes off notes of vanilla, cranberry, mistletoe and seasonal spices. The sweet elements just make the perfect smell of Christmas for me!
Enjoy your Christmas Eve guys!

Back
Top Bottom