SOTD: Saturday 24 to Friday 30 December of 2022

Razor = Muhle Rocca
Blade = Treet Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Vintage 18mm Rooney in Super Badger
Soap = Geo F Trumper Almond
Splash = Myrsol Astringent
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
View attachment 98206Another cracking shave albeit another disappointing soap..
The Almond Scent on this soap is class and right up my street however just like the sandlewood the lather didn’t last long.
When i first started lathering up it was rich & creamy and everything you would want from a soap but half was through the first pass it started to dissipate very quickly.
It actually beggars belief how a company that’s been running over 100 years can’t get this right.
i can honestly say i very much doubt i would ever buy a soap from them again
saying that the Oxford Blue was a different kettle of fish.
Overall i had a wonderful shave and i don’t let the soap get me down.
it’s all just another day on the learning curve.
Never Mind there’s always the next shave to enjoy
oh wait i do have another Trumper to try :cry:
Onwards & upwards
Stay Safe
Bloody lovely brush, Mikey boy. But you Hibzed it with the soap. GFT Cream yes, GFT Soap no no and twice no. Imagine if they made the Fat in some of these flavours? Spanish Leather Fat, sir? Ooh, suits you sir!

Friday AM 2022-12-30
Birthdate in 1975 of golfer Tiger Woods
oMIjFN5.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Darwin Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (11)
Ralph Lauren Polo aftershave
5Arb4JA.jpg

1FA73634-5B22-4D2A-A365-155C9C43EBF8.jpeg
SOTD: 30/12/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Gondolier Puck
Aftershave: PAA Gondolier Cologne
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

A lovely soap and scent from start to finish, however despite softening the brush for more than long enough it seemed determined to take chunks out the soap, which the brush and soap have never done before. I’ll put it down to me being heavy handed! Regardless an excellent shave to start the day!
All the best guys.

Bloody lovely brush, Mikey boy. But you Hibzed it with the soap. GFT Cream yes, GFT Soap no no and twice no. Imagine if they made the Fat in some of these flavours? Spanish Leather Fat, sir? Ooh, suits you sir!
hahahaha thanks mate.
Unfortunately for me my wife bought me 4-5 trumper soaps that i personally wouldn’t have bought myself.
Just like the Hibs we’ve just got to get on with it lol

From what I can glean from comparing ingredient lists, both Oxford Blue and Officer & Gentleman are the same as T&H which does produce a stable lather and is absolutely worthy of the association with British hard soaps.
Magic thanks for clarifying.
Oxford Blue for me was a dream,
completely different or should i say it’s just what it should be.
I have one more trumper to try & ironically it’s an officer & a gentleman so fingers crossed it a keeper,
That will be my last shave in the uk for the next couple of months as i’m off to Brazil on the 3rd

Friday (and Thursday too)

Same set up as I had very little of the Droid black soap left and thought I'd finish it off.
Left my shave until later as I was off to watch the footy.
Seeing as I live in the vicinity, would be amiss if I didn't go and watch my team against the one where I live!
Thankfully, despite not playing brilliantly, Burnley came out on top. My niece who supports Stoke didn't wait until the end, she bugged out early. Needless to say, it was a quiet journey home with my neighbour and my son had an abusive walk home to his house which isn't too far from the Stoke ground. His Stoke supporting mates he was walking with most likely joined in with the other fans too.
My daughter spotted me in the crowd as her hubby was watching at home. All I can say is, I was very clean shaven compared to the bearded chaps around me.

Attachments

• IMG_20221230_170219__01.jpg
    IMG_20221230_170219__01.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 3
View attachment 98248
ATT alu Calypso (m plate), Treet Platinum, Semogue 1305, Wickham Apricus soap & balm. Eau Sauvage edp.

A suitably impressive end to the shaving year. Have a splendid hogmanay one and all - wherever and whenever it lands. Lang may yer lum reek and to absent friends - cheers - I.

@Pat-W @Scotshave @Ferry-shave
What is this 'lum' you speak of and why do you wish it to smell for an extended period?

Hiya,

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Gillette #58/Feather blade
Colonel Conk superbadger
Xpec original shaving cream which is a very old purchase from a guy in Norway of all places
No after shave
vintage Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (90% strength)

Well, I'm down to just a few shaves per week instead of daily. Sadly, I can't get up the strength anymore to shave every time I'd like. It's a way I can tell I'm kinda under the weather. Sheesh!

Martin

Back
Top Bottom