SOTD : Saturday 25 June - Friday 1 July. 2022.

27/06/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin Silvertip
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - E45 / Argan oil
A/S - Hugo Boss Bottled night
Wk 26 (3).JPG
A wonderful face lather today with the MWF and a face-full of 26mm Silvertip.
3 very comfortable passes for an easy BBS finish, this razor blade combo working very well for me.
A nice Post shave routine to finish setting me up for the day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Monday Morning:

Gym session - good start to the day.

Made better with a decent shave thanks to Valentia - no, not some posh classy chick, but one of Brian's soaps! :) [When I was talking to my brother and I said I shaved with Valentia, he said "who the f*ck is Valentia?" him thinking I was playing away and having some weird shaving relations!!!! :D:ROFLMAO:]
That’s funny. It’s given me the idea of a female shaving range.
I think it’s about time I did a post to decode the Roman Tows and U.K. regions I’ve named the soaps after, especially Eboracum (York - my birth place)? Danum ( @Satanfriendly bith town and Wisctun where his dad lived).

289867405_569169407935717_8681999584284137060_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Figaro
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan(1)

Bit of a below-par shave today. The Dorco didn't fire up and left me revisiting the same patches numerous times. Still, I've got a couple of hundred of them to get through and they're normally highly reliable, so I'll bin and replace from another tuck.

Sotd-27-06-22.png

ATT Windor Pro alu - SB 90 plate (on loan)
Treet DuraSharp carbon (1)
Frank Shaving two-band
D.R Harris Marlborough
warm water
Epsilon Blue.

Rough as hell, granted it was a fresh blade but even so. I am closely and cleanly shaved but the aftershave stung like a bastard and my face feels raw. I think I'm going to have to go and get some balm on to calm it down. Not an inspiring start with the Windsor. Cheers - I.

5A080E6E-E74B-42AB-AEDB-C74836D5F573.jpeg
SOTD: 27/06/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: PAA High Jump 47 Puck
Aftershave: PAA High Jump 47 Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A superb final days shave with the Masamune. This soap and splash have a great long lasting scent that’s instantly uplifting. The Yaqi piggy needs breaking in so I’m going to use it a bit more often but has potential to be lovely.
Have a great day everyone.

Monday AM 2022-06-27
National Sunglasses Day
SmVbAQN.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Harrods by Floris shaving soap (tallow) + Bulgarian rose absolute
Carbon Mokume-gane Oda
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
Calvin Klein Eternity aftershave
pmdnOZm.jpg

Monday 27th June

AM-JKLXdVPdRCQPC1_WpwrXpKaRG2PkMN-wd7iu4DHFA-nQoBreey8eW5ghzfwXOc1DqjRF_dBbbEDX1sKDpqJqTZobEUhIEnFFgt0uxbYc2C0HoXgQpPi1aPa3uPFfLCgLQ9OxUGtDNbMmBDyTnDp77Qltlkg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick (Grated)
Ever-Ready 600N w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Wilkinson Sword Hydro Advanced System w/ Skin Protection Advanced Cartridge (6)
Pinaud Clubman Original Aftershave

Perfect! I've been comparing the Wilkinson Sword Hydro Advanced versus the Gillette Fusion ProGlide and this clinched it - the Wilkinson Sword is a better cartridge. I still think the Gillette Flexball (and certainly the Gillette Labs razor) is a better format than the rather clumpy broken joint thing that Wilkinson Sword has going on with this razor, but in practice and in the results ... it doesn't matter.

The keen-eyed amongst you will notice a lack of gloop strip at the top of the razor ...

Indeed! I've removed it. With the Gillette Fusion cartridges, the gloop strip does give out for a good few shaves and then dies off ... but nothing like the constant and abundant release that the Wilkinson Sword cartridge does. Being a traditional shaver (generally), I have good soaps and like to lather up with a brush. I found that the gloop strip on the Wilko really detracted from the shave. One thing, though, there is a lesser advertised functionality in the Wilko cartridge in that you can flick the gloop strip back out of the way to get a precision edge for shaping up to beards, sideburns and so on. Alas, once flicked back the pivot simply does not function.

So, I removed it ...

AM-JKLWHEM52nW_x7sgNOORCt6XPq0dDTKTQXxa5fKSXzLFAXfnXu55WyIxQ_TMPs3aCDMBJQhzXqxsINTRb8VEAcFMoCkPkufxP97KlnsklbcEyM_3RFOq-6eB0KVYHkarBaLy4jjvn_SY5v4zujW9BoF-WSg=s800

Simply apply a little force and out it pops! You can see it's intact and has not suffered the divorce ... and yes, it can be pressed back in and does function exactly as before and as expected.

This is a huge plus for using this format with traditionally lathered soap.

That’s funny. It’s given me the idea of a female shaving range.
I think it’s about time I did a post to decode the Roman Tows and U.K. regions I’ve named the soaps after, especially Eboracum (York - my birth place)? Danum ( @Satanfriendly bith town and Wisctun where his dad lived).

And I feel somewhat privileged and honoured.

The only thing I have had named after me is a small settlement in the Shetland Islands (and I've been there) called Twatt.

Twatt_Orkney_Road_Sign.jpeg

Just watched some of the Coventry gig! That looks immense - the rig is higher than the stadium, and allegedly people could hear the bass thump 10 miles away :oops:

Saw them in the Manchester Apollo on the Mutter tour and the worse bit wasn't the noise but the heat from the pyrotechnics with it being a smaller venue.

Awesome

Tue 28 SOTD
Soap Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Southern Witchcraft Samhain Splash
A very nice delicious scent from this soap plus a richly creamy and slick lather...wow!
A good shave with the razor. No issues in 3passes for a slightly better than sas result. The pasted balsa edge feels keen but smooth. The delicious matching aftershave is reasonably strong enough till noon.
20220628_104835.jpg

Last edited:

SOTD : 28th June 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Lea Shave Stick.
Blade : Mers SuperShave X. (D1)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Aqua ASL + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A wonderful early morning shave....The Lea Shave Stick is absolutely superb, not just for it's price tag, but most importantly for it's performance & post shave feel.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom