SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

Tues 28th Nov
Stirling Syn. 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Ever Ready 1912 [ Peerless ]
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I have a new found liking for the ER 1912, which I always found to be a harsh shaver. Perhaps a light bulb moment, when I realised that the later versions i..e. Bathroom/Peerless were made to take the modern Gem Blade. Older versions were made to take blades which were rather thicker, so modern blades unless shimmed could be a bit rough.

My Shave yesterday with a 1912 [ Bathroom Set] was really good, so today I chose a Peerless 1912. Since using AC/SE razors I think my touch has lightened , which really helps as to master the 1912 one has use a light touch/ no pressure technique. Pleased to say that again I had a really smooth and comfortable Shave, with a super close all round finish.Will in future use the 1912 more, as I have been neglecting it in favour of a 1914/1924. Having finally got it right, I know why Paul @pjgh rates the 1912 so highly.

IMG_0111.jpg

SOTD_20171128-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Closed Comb - 0.68mm - 100mm Barber Pole
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: J&T - ChrisVM (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Acca Kappa - 1869
  • After-Shave: Arko - Comfort - Balm

Tues 28th Nov
Stirling Syn. 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Ever Ready 1912 [ Peerless ]
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I have a new found liking for the ER 1912, which I always found to be a harsh shaver. Perhaps a light bulb moment, when I realised that the later versions i..e. Bathroom/Peerless were made to take the modern Gem Blade. Older versions were made to take blades which were rather thicker, so modern blades unless shimmed could be a bit rough.

My Shave yesterday with a 1912 [ Bathroom Set] was really good, so today I chose a Peerless 1912. Since using AC/SE razors I think my touch has lightened , which really helps as to master the 1912 one has use a light touch/ no pressure technique. Pleased to say that again I had a really smooth and comfortable Shave, with a super close all round finish.Will in future use the 1912 more, as I have been neglecting it in favour of a 1914/1924. Having finally got it right, I know why Paul @pjgh rates the 1912 so highly.

View attachment 31231
The 1912, everyone should have one, or at least try one :)

Tuesday 28th November 2017

SOTD 28th Nov.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Cobra (on loan)
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Guard (#3)
Brush: Razorock 400 Synthetic
Cream: Geo F. Trumpers Spanish Leather
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea sensitive balm

Another excellent shave today, I am pretty sure the Kai Luffy and this blade are identical apart from the green guard on the Luffy. The Kai blades with a guard are a great blade to try first when starting out with an SE. I prefer the guarded Kai blades to the Feather guard ones, especially the soft guard. That said I will try the soft guard in this razor, you never know it may be a good match.

Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Personna Tungsten (22)
Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band
Soap: Nuavia Blu
A/S: Floid Blue
Scuttle: Junichi Tanaka Blue

I am very tired of this setup. I have been getting great shaves each and every time, except when I don't screw up the water, soap effect. When I open my Doug's Den I hear brushes, razors, and After shaves screaming at me to use them. Only 2 more days and it will be mission accomplished. :happy088:
I'm also running out ideas for SOTD photos. :)

28 11 17.jpg

Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Personna Tungsten (22)
Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band
Soap: Nuavia Blu
A/S: Floid Blue
Scuttle: Junichi Tanaka Blue

I am very tired of this setup. I have been getting great shaves each and every time, except when I don't screw up the water, soap effect. When I open my Doug's Den I hear brushes, razors, and After shaves screaming at me to use them. Only 2 more days and it will be mission accomplished. :happy088:
I'm also running out ideas for SOTD photos. :)

View attachment 31237
Well I am sure others will agree this SOTD photo and set up is awesome my friend.
Keep um coming. :)

Loving the design on your custom bowl.
I would imagine you can get stuck right in with the lather because of that handle orientation.

Enjoy! :)
Wayne you are the second person to say that and you're spot on. It sits under the thumb perfectly and nice and big too. I found it under a table in an antique shop, I paid £6 for it:)

Back
Top Bottom