SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

My second use of the 1912.
I don't think it's really my cup of tea. Nowhere near as smooth as a DE for me, despite using a pre shave. It seems to shave just a little too close for my skin to appreciate.

It's a skin grafter if pressure is too great ... really really light! That, and a fresh GEM blade can be pathologically sharp from the off. I often palm strop a fresh blade just to cut the seething edge off. By the third shave it's starting to mellow ... by 7 it'll be bob-on.

Hallows, Paladín Chief Butterscotch
Luca Pizzi Razor

Regards
e65beca85fd4a311f27c99187d203782.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

Greetings

Tuesday 28th November 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Le Coq
Blade: L'Essor
Brush: RazorRock 'Silvertip' Synthetic
Soap: Leftovers Mixture
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Fan De Fendi Assoluta

An ultra close shave but I managed to nick the prominent mole on my cheek, entirely due to my daydreaming whilst shaving, this is the one and only razor I own where 100% unfailing concentration is required.

I was at the time thinking about the engagement of Prince Harry to Meghan Markle and was having a senior citizens fantasy moment..... I hope that does not constitute treason!

Regards
Dick.

28.11.17.JPG

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Tuesday 28th November

Prep ~ Shower & face wash - Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Natral angle ( nickel plated )
Blade ~ Gem SS
Soap ~ P&B Baskerville
Brush ~ Semouge 1305
Scuttle ~ Giles shaving Co
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Penhaligon's Iris Prima edp

A nice shave from the ER Natural angle, not as effective as some razors but will get the job done and done well given time.
The scent of the Baskerville soap is just perfect for this altumnal time and the lather is as slick as can be.
BBA to finnish the shave and an application on my pulse points of the wonderful Iris Prima........perfect.:)

Wishing you all a good day........:)

Last edited:
It's a skin grafter if pressure is too great ... really really light! That, and a fresh GEM blade can be pathologically sharp from the off. I often palm strop a fresh blade just to cut the seething edge off. By the third shave it's starting to mellow ... by 7 it'll be bob-on.

Good description Paul !

I'm hoping the blades will dull some, it would make the experience more enjoyable, with a shim

Good description Paul !

I'm hoping the blades will dull some, it would make the experience more enjoyable, with a shim

Blade presentation is such that you can shave off several weeks of growth without clogging the razor. Once you know that a fresh blade (unshimmed) will be ferocious, you know to pick a soap with the most cushion for the first shave, at least, and the lightest touch.

Back
Top Bottom