Razor - ER Streamline (on loan)
blade - ER Corrux vintage (1)
brush - Semogue 1305
soap - Wickham Citrus Musk
post - witch hazel
a/s - Wickham Citrus Musk
balm - Aloe Vera gel
scent - Dior Eau Sauvage.

Result - pretty much everything a shave should be - and pretty much nothing a Sunday shave should be.

I was up most of the night listening to the Ashes - and predictably - was running late in cleaning up four day's growth before going out for lunch. Was this anytime to be using a new to me razor for the first time? What's the worst that can happen? I thought that I had got to grips with razors of this type, although not this particular model. So - no time for a mimsy - just get straight to it. Lather up, and with the first stroke I realised that this razor is a serious proposition - for something that small it's very heavy, I suspect it may be made out of plutonium. Perfectly balanced - very assertive - you could feel the blade on your face. Probably the loudest razor I have used - audible feedback is a good thing in my book. Total concentration required. I made myself slow down for fear of accidentally hacking my nose off - it's so efficient that two passes were all that were required. Gave myself a tiny graze under the nose on the upward pass but nothing cold water couldn't sort. In my - granted - limited experience of vintage single edges - I can see already why the Streamline enjoys its reputation - for me - more assertive than my MM OC and not that much below the Cobra. Getting away with rushing was helped no end by the slickness of the Wickham 1912 soap - for a non-tallow formulation it's pretty remarkable - I'd forgotten just how lovely the scent was in this version. Matching splash - a bit of balm - and some Sauvage to seal the deal. I really look forward to using this razor again - in a more relaxed way next time. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

My very great thanks to K. @Boru62 for his generous offer to lend me this razor. I'm very grateful.
Thanks for the tag Iain,and I'm glad you're enjoying the Streamline.
Your first shave with it went a bit smoother than mine, I'd a couple of weepers on my top lip if I remember correctly but now it's a favourite.

:)
Sotd - Sunday 26/11 -
Razor - ER Streamline (on loan)
blade - ER Corrux vintage (1)
brush - Semogue 1305
soap - Wickham Citrus Musk
post - witch hazel
a/s - Wickham Citrus Musk
balm - Aloe Vera gel
scent - Dior Eau Sauvage.

Result - pretty much everything a shave should be - and pretty much nothing a Sunday shave should be.

I was up most of the night listening to the Ashes - and predictably - was running late in cleaning up four day's growth before going out for lunch. Was this anytime to be using a new to me razor for the first time? What's the worst that can happen? I thought that I had got to grips with razors of this type, although not this particular model. So - no time for a mimsy - just get straight to it. Lather up, and with the first stroke I realised that this razor is a serious proposition - for something that small it's very heavy, I suspect it may be made out of plutonium. Perfectly balanced - very assertive - you could feel the blade on your face. Probably the loudest razor I have used - audible feedback is a good thing in my book. Total concentration required. I made myself slow down for fear of accidentally hacking my nose off - it's so efficient that two passes were all that were required. Gave myself a tiny graze under the nose on the upward pass but nothing cold water couldn't sort. In my - granted - limited experience of vintage single edges - I can see already why the Streamline enjoys its reputation - for me - more assertive than my MM OC and not that much below the Cobra. Getting away with rushing was helped no end by the slickness of the Wickham 1912 soap - for a non-tallow formulation it's pretty remarkable - I'd forgotten just how lovely the scent was in this version. Matching splash - a bit of balm - and some Sauvage to seal the deal. I really look forward to using this razor again - in a more relaxed way next time. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

My very great thanks to K. @Boru62 for his generous offer to lend me this razor. I'm very grateful.
Pleased to see Kevin spreading the Love. Shaved with one of mine on Sunday, Shaves as well as most AC/SE if handled properly. My Whisker growth 24hrs on is very low compared to normal.:)

FaJ8T1Q.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

pJLpOlSC_o.jpeg

Vie Long 04503
Schick G8 Injector
Schick (2)
Palmolive
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Hai Karate

A crisp morning so bust out my vintage scuttle/mug with grated Palmolive. First time face lathering with a Vie Long and it didn't disappoint, a very nice slick lather and more than enough to complete the shave. I haven't used Palmolive in a while, when I do I always wonder why it's so often overlooked for the more fashionable soaps and creams, it does the job and far better than some much more expensive options. The Schick was a good shave but felt a little tuggy, I think it may be the vintage blades so I shall order some B-20's today before I give it it's next run out.

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: OSP Barbershop
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3P)
Blade: Voskhod (1st)
Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea Sensitive Soothing followed by Michael Kors.

Not a bad shave until interrupted by my wife, yes to give me my morning instructions but nevertheless ended up with a small nick (I admit, I cannot multitask and proud of it) that quickly stopped weeping and apart from that a lovely shave.

Cheers,

Brian

Mate - There seems to me no end of sources of tallow these days - as you say bison, buffalo - is that the same thing? - and then there's cow, sheep - duck even. You've read 'Fight Club?' This could be the next sensation in the artisan soap world? Ha ha - yours - I.
I didn't think we were supposed to mention Fight Club.

Last edited:
Last weekend shaves:

c30e00b2a3b2e9b2e832c6107084e2b0c480ebf0_1_690x517.jpg

10db86ca4a1c85861f6d37aebbb9bb4afb5ead7b_1_690x571.jpg

Some thoughts on new items used:

- I expected the typical lemon dishwasher scent in the Derby soap but... the smell more on the citronella-Marseille side! A surprise... Good performer anyway.
- I also thought that Rapira razor will be near of construction-design of Lord ones but... this one have a longer and much heavier handle (not alum) and the head is on the aggresive side... very close shave indeed!
- About Lord razors, I found that Lord alum handle paired with Merkur close comb head is a winner combination: really easy to use and close shaves with less problems that with original Merkur handles, things of geometry&weight I suppose...
-Also satisfied with the good performing of Piccadilly unscented shaving cream: my skin is not tolerating well some products and it need to rest from time to time with unscented stuff, and this one is really good and does not have the antiwrinkle female cream scent that I found in other unscented shaving creams... yeah!

Regards

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – Sensor Excel
Blade – N/A
Brush - Rough,No Name Boar
Soap – Wholly Kaw: Monaco Royale
Post - Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wickham Soap: Cashmere Aftershave Balm

as far as cart shaves go, this one speaks for itself... and I'm really liking that Wickham Soap: Cashmere Aftershave Balm. a great start to the week.

Back
Top Bottom