SOTD: Saturday 26th August-Friday 1st September 2017.

Sotd - Saturday 26/8 -

Razor - Schick
Blade - Schick twin (2)
Brush - Wee Scot tortoiseshell LE
Soap - Lea Classic - old version tallow puck
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Lea Classic
Balm - Real Shaving Co. moisturiser
Scent - Creed Tabarome parfum.

Result - Great - I was thinking after my last shave - using the Karo cream and Svoboda balm, can I attempt to judge the performance of the software in terms of cost versus ease of use and efficiency? Is a tub of artisan soap costing £20 - 10 times better than a tube of cream in a Spanish supermarket that set me back 2 euros? So for the next wee while I will not be using anything that could be considered artisan. I will only be using mass produced products that are easy to come by. Generally cheap - but the experiment isn't about price ultimately.

Hardware - it wasn't first time luck with the Schick - it performed just as well on the second outing. The short handle is perfect for me - the end of it rests exactly on my pinky finger as I shave. Deft and intuitive to use. Incredibly mild in use but a very close shaver for me. A keeper. As is the case with most blades - the second use of the Schick twin was even better than the first for me. I have no idea how long they last? The Wee Scot brush? If you haven't tried one you are missing out. It looks quite ridiculous on my shelf drying next to 30mm knots but it does the job in some style. One of my favourite brushes.

Software - I thought in this experiment, I'd start with a no-brainer - Lea Classic - old formula hard soap. I was minded to go check my stash of Lea - given the recent distressing news of reformulations and it's cool, got plenty in reserve. A great soap for me. Superior performance and a nice kick of menthol. Paired with the matching splash - nice - job done. If I could say anything negative about the soap it can at times leave my face a little dry. So I went for the Real Shaving Co. moisturiser as opposed to a balm. A great product for buttons. Like the T&H No.10 range, also made by Creightons in Peterborough.

So - a top end shave - the experiment will continue.

How smooth? I don't know - smoother than a manatee's driving gloves. A bit surreal granted but I'm on the back-foot after @Boru62 - referencing George Clooney in the simile war. He's winning - ha ha. Yours - I.

Sotd - Saturday 26/8 -

Razor - Schick
Blade - Schick twin (2)
Brush - Wee Scot tortoiseshell LE
Soap - Lea Classic - old version tallow puck
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Lea Classic
Balm - Real Shaving Co. moisturiser
Scent - Creed Tabarome parfum.

Result - Great - I was thinking after my last shave - using the Karo cream and Svoboda balm, can I attempt to judge the performance of the software in terms of cost versus ease of use and efficiency? Is a tub of artisan soap costing £20 - 10 times better than a tube of cream in a Spanish supermarket that set me back 2 euros? So for the next wee while I will not be using anything that could be considered artisan. I will only be using mass produced products that are easy to come by. Generally cheap - but the experiment isn't about price ultimately.

Hardware - it wasn't first time luck with the Schick - it performed just as well on the second outing. The short handle is perfect for me - the end of it rests exactly on my pinky finger as I shave. Deft and intuitive to use. Incredibly mild in use but a very close shaver for me. A keeper. As is the case with most blades - the second use of the Schick twin was even better than the first for me. I have no idea how long they last? The Wee Scot brush? If you haven't tried one you are missing out. It looks quite ridiculous on my shelf drying next to 30mm knots but it does the job in some style. One of my favourite brushes.

Software - I thought in this experiment, I'd start with a no-brainer - Lea Classic - old formula hard soap. I was minded to go check my stash of Lea - given the recent distressing news of reformulations and it's cool, got plenty in reserve. A great soap for me. Superior performance and a nice kick of menthol. Paired with the matching splash - nice - job done. If I could say anything negative about the soap it can at times leave my face a little dry. So I went for the Real Shaving Co. moisturiser as opposed to a balm. A great product for buttons. Like the T&H No.10 range, also made by Creightons in Peterborough.

So - a top end shave - the experiment will continue.

How smooth? I don't know - smoother than a manatee's driving gloves. A bit surreal granted but I'm on the back-foot after @Boru62 - referencing George Clooney in the simile war. He's winning - ha ha. Yours - I.
Not sure how different twin blades last, I am using a NOS Dutch Schick twin in my Schick Adjustable just now, 7 shaves out of the blade so far and no signs of any drop in performance.

untitled%201%20of%201-29_zps0zwgdchy.jpg

TIMELESS Ti/Polsilver :: PALADIN :: RAZOROCK M.F. :: BEAVER WOODRIGHT James Moody AS (sample)

Date: 27 August 2017 is nearly 7am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf Fan Knot
Lather: - Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50
Blade: - Rapira Platinum Lux #1
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L'Homme EDT

I can only get two shaves no more with the Feather blade using the Gillette Ball End Tech which is a real shame, so I've bought a pack of 5 blades of Rapira Platinum Lux to try out with my Gillette Ball End Tech and see how far this blade can reach.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 26th August Sunday

Prep.....Shower ~ Olive oil soap
Razor....Supply SE ~ Polished
Blade....Feather AC
Soap....OSP ~ Bay Rum
Brush....Brad Sears ~ Gonzo
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Post....Skin food ~ @Boru62
Scent....Yardley 1770

A great shave as always with the Supply, the soap OSP Bay Rum one of my all time top soaps applied with Gonzo the softest silvertip I own.
I was left BBS smooth with zero irritation finnishing off with the great skin food made by @Boru62, only halve a bottle left K. Hint hint.....:)
My scent today is Yardley 1770 , perfect to finnish off this perfect shave.

Whishing you all a relaxing Sunday ......:)

SOTD_20170827_resize.jpg

• Safety Razor: Maggard Razors - MR14 - Slant Head
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Maggard Razors - 22mm 2-Band (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Dolomiti - Beta 4.0
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Dolomiti - Balm

SOTD: 27th August 2017.
2b.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Active Clean ~ Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Bloom water face wash.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush:Omega S10065 Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Funky Citrus & Aloe Vera Shaving soap.

Blade:~Gillette 7'0Clock SharpEdge.(2)

Razor: Merkur 34C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./ Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture .

Lucky Tiger ~ Aftershave & Face Tonic.

Greetings,

A nice relaxing sunday shave,the 34C/Gillette SharpEdge performed with sharp smooth efficiency,

resulting in another DFS, with no errors to report. The Lucky Tiger finished the shave off superbly.

My face is silky smooth & smelling very citrusy.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: Wickham's Irish Fern
Razor: Gillette Tuckaway
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus 1970s?

IMG_20170826_233554.jpg

Nice shave today. For such a small razor it's got a nice weight and balance and the blades are very smooth and sharp. Top notch.
only halve a bottle left K. Hint hint.....:)
Glad you liked it.
Now I've got you hooked..
... Mwahaha :D

Sunday

Olive Oil Soap and Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
La Toja Shave Stick
Zenith Boar Brush
Ever-Ready 1924 with a GEM SS (#3)
Witch Hazel
Homemade Buttermix
Myrsol Metilsol AS
James Bronnley Gentlemens EDT

The 1924 has become a challenge. Third shave with it....and I still don't seem to be getting it right. This time i used it with the thick handle and no shim. The results were the best to date...but still requiring a lot of work for the desired finish. I suspect it is angle....but I don't normally require as long to find the 'sweetspot' and certainly not with a gem type razor!. Next possible culprit is the actual blade....so I will give that a run in a known razor and see how it performs.

Back
Top Bottom