SOTD: Saturday 26th August-Friday 1st September 2017.

Well it's Sunday...I shaved yesterday..but I fancied one today. LPL makes great soap and tins but their labels are not waterproof and disintegrated a fair few shaves ago!:D

Ed88WnG.jpg

Sunday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm water and Myrsol Emulsion Pre/After.
Razor - Rocnel-SE GEM.
Blade - Gem (by Personna) (corners rounded off - day 2).
Soap - Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Citrus Musk Shaving Soap.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" Aftershave, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.

A very good 2 pass shave, no issues. Rounding the corners off the the blade has definitely made the Rocnel-SE a usable razor.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD: 270817
View attachment 28456

Prep: Shower L O'ccitaine
Blade: Gem #1
Razor: Ever ready 1912
Brush: Razorcok 400 synth
Soap: SV Cosmo
Splash: Mysol
EDT: Cade

A special thank you goes out to @wayne mattison for gifting me this amazing and rather expensive soap. It is possibly the best I have every used. Its people like you who truly make this forum what it is. Hats off to you sir.

Simply put. An Outstanding shave! :)
Thanks for the tag. No problem I'm glad you like it mate.

Segal for the beard, Apollo Mikron (5.5) for the head shave, fresh Tian Li blades. Two great shaves, especially the Mikron. Honestly after one ATG pass on my head I could have walked away with a DFS. Perhaps an unnecessarily aggressive setting but it was perfectly comfortable and once started I wasn't conscious at all of the huge tapered handle.
579fbe920fd61c31629d98bc20c9b197.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sun 27th Aug

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
P & B Spitfire
ATT SE1
Schick Proline Type P ( 4 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

After a run of Vintage Shaves, had to go modern as still getting used to the ATT SE1. What a relaxed and easy Shave for a Sunday morning, a good lather and with little effort attained a super smooth and close Shave.
Even managed to get rid of the whiskers around my neck which I failed to clear with the HFT yesterday.The real bonus was the fact that I no soreness post Shave, which I had after my first outings with this new to me Razor. A few hours on still feeling quite clean shaven, I think this Razor is a winner.

IMG_1542.jpg

Sun 27th Aug

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
P & B Spitfire
ATT SE1
Schick Proline Type P ( 4 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

After a run of Vintage Shaves, had to go modern as still getting used to the ATT SE1. What a relaxed and easy Shave for a Sunday morning, a good lather and with little effort attained a super smooth and close Shave.
Even managed to get rid of the whiskers around my neck which I failed to clear with the HFT yesterday.The real bonus was the fact that I no soreness post Shave, which I had after my first outings with this new to me Razor. A few hours on still feeling quite clean shaven, I think this Razor is a winner.

View attachment 28467

Glad to hear you enjoyed your shave with the SE1,I shaved with the SE1 today too and as you said I was provided with a super smooth and close shave. For me it just doesn't get any better,I wouldn't part with mine.

Cheers

Pat

Back
Top Bottom