SOTD : Saturday 26th February-Friday 4th March 2022.

274472957_528164131932468_4442564900120349775_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: 1974 Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)

The Executive Bay Rum upgrade from the previous plastic tub is a nice change. A lot thicker on first use, but I'm sure that's down to water and cream mixing over a period in the tub. The Benjamins has lost some of that initial bay hit with the addition of menthol, so I'll put it back until warmer days arrive and revert to the original for now.

28 February

Sterling Campania
Yaqi Dandelion
Rex Ambassador
Feather Hi-Stainless
Sterling Campania asb

456A5688-758A-43A3-8A9B-284A3F00230E.jpeg
Fabulous close and very comfortable shave this morning with the Ambassador set on 2.25. The Dandelion produced as fine a lather as the Duke yesterday, but look at the price difference! I, also, prefer the face feel of the Dandelion.

Sunday and Monday
I'd seen a YouTube post on changing your life by following these steps by GeoFatBoy. It involved everything being used and prepped 'warm', except for the razor which is tempered and rinsed cold; also finishing with a cold rinse. Apparently the technique is backed up by some science.

I went for a middle of the road razor and blade, with my Lupo .72 fitted with a Sputnik.

Sunday I completed my shave as detailed. Whilst I can agree that the feel of the cold razor through the warm lather is very nice indeed, I still ended up with a couple of weepers, despite me taking a decent amount of time over my shave. One, really wierdly on my cheek where I've never, ever had a weeper before, the other 2 on my top lip where I have.

Monday. I completed my shave in my usual way - cold - all but rinsing the soap off, which I do warm to assist in removing soap residue, then splash with cold again. No weepers and all done in under 10 minutes.

Not exactly scientific as I've not repeated multiple times, but, for me, cold water shaves give me better results. Whenever I try anything being warm I get the odd weeper, but as always, YMMV.

Attachments

• IMG_20220228_103842__01.jpg
    IMG_20220228_103842__01.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 4
Razor = Benny’s Of London
Blade = Treet Carbon. ( 2 )
Brush = Keyhole By Wild West Brushworks
Soap = DG Mayflower with matching splash
Balm Nivea Original
5F0ABB76-A57C-4E3B-9B28-32A39E61DF71.jpeg
Another Cracking Shave today
I’m not a lover of Declaration Grooming i have 7 sets but this one is my favourite by far probably followed by Rose Sental.
I never thought i was a floral type guy until i bought this and it’s magnificent,
The wife can smell it as i walk around the house.
Overall a lovely 3 passs shave.
The razor is what it is not my favourite by any means and the first DE i ever had.
The wife bought it so i decided to keep it.
if i bought it then it would be scrap by now lol.
The Brush is a cracking & Boycie buy.
Not a brush i use a lot but saying that i do have to many
Time for a clear out i think

Last edited:
4731544C-6F53-428C-9CB5-616F138A5042.jpeg
SOTD: 28/02/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Aftershave: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime EDT
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion

Just a superb shave from start to finish.
Enjoy your day guys.

Monday AM 2022-02-28
Structure of DNA discovered by Francis Crick & James Watson on this date in 1953
ez12PMC.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving cream
Carbon Adamas
Wizamet Super Iridium (6)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave
9WMHmnE.jpg

28/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather Pro Blade (10)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester E
A/S - Brut Original
View attachment 84933
The King of modern SE razors - YMMV of course ;).
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

And my theme for this evening is 'I agree'

20220228_182136.jpg

King razor II - Colonial General V2
Queen blade - Feather Super Professional
Princess brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Prince cream III - ADP Collezione
Duke of scent - ADP Assoluta

'And I still prefer my bloody handle'

A shave fit for royalty and a majestically fine finish. I do have to agree with @Tony'schin the V2 really is the King of modern SE's. There may be the Evo, the Hawk, the Vector etc, but the V2 stands above them all in my books. A quality piece of kit in every sense which just gets everything so so right. Brilliant.

Nice to break in to a new jar of ADP soap (thanks to the BST). Perhaps more so as I still have an 'almost finished' jar which I thought was going to be a case of 'You are the last. Thank you and goodbye'. God bless the BST. It is one of those superb soaps which performs and delivers. Another, brilliant.

The brush? Another BST purchase but since it came from @Boycie83 it's shite. Or at least I would love to say that. But I can't as it is just too damn good.

Slap it altogether and wonderful results. God save the King.

And a return to those Queens of the Japanese girly bands. It just has to be Aldious.....

Tue 1 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Zen Tea
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom Synthetic
Razor Gillette Tech on Yaqi Handle
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Cella Milano Splash
The soap qualities are really good. Nicer scent and the lather is very creamy and slick...
Just a wonderful shave from this unassuming razor paired with the blade. This reminded me how a simple setup can be so enjoyable and effective. Used a shim and heavier handle to increase the efficiency and wow...truly enjoyed it. A very smooth, crisp, and efficient 3++passes for a bbs finish. Satisfying aftershaves.
20220301_091335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom