SOTD : Saturday 26th February-Friday 4th March 2022.

SOTD : 1st March 2022.

s.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Face Lather.
Frankenlather: Pears Transparent bar Soap + Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.
Blade: Ted Pella PTFE SS. (D8)
Razor: Gem Micromatic (OC)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum./L'0REAL Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

"White Rabbits"..1st of March Early Morning Shave,

A wonderful efficient shave from the Gem Micromatic.. ..8th outing of the Ted Pella PTFE SS which still felt smooth with an efficient edge mowing through my stubble with no sign of dulling.
Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL Reinforcing ASB. A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 01-Mar
20220228_134616.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Braizier' Gealousy SHD 2 Band
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: CG Everyday
Blade: Astra SP (1)

New knot arrived from AP, possibly one of the easiest sets I've done. Slotted in perfectly, and the height was spot on sitting at the bottom, and not too gel like, which is why I skipped on the V14 Fanchurian. Needs a little breaking in I think but by the feel that should be done in short order.

Switched to the everyday, the weekends shaves have left my face feeling a little tender. Won't last all day as I've become too accustomed to the lvl 3 but at least I'll be vaguely presentable for my first vid meeting of the day!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

274635830_483237600067842_6070457120333407227_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Tabac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)

You know you've got a stinking head cold when you can't smell the Tabac :rolleyes: Thankfully not Covid though so every cloud and all that. Lovely shave, and I'm down to the last dregs of the old Tabac soap. New puck ready to go (non-tallow) so I'm interested to see if I pick up much of a difference.

IMG_0551.jpg

I enjoyed a nice shave with the Rockwell. I picked the R5 plate for this shave, wanting to push the efficiency up. But even at R5, the Rockwell is very well behaved and smooth. Having said that, the Perma-Sharp on its fourth use, was still keen enough to cause a couple of minor weepers. I was zooming around though.

I’d forgotten how much chill is in the Stirling Lemon Chill soap. I know this because errant lather reached some delicate areas in the shower, and “the burn” was not that comfortable. As always it’s a great soap and the lemon scent is not sweet or artificial.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Soap: Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush: Stirling BB Butterscotch flat top
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime Balm
Bowl: Face lather

Tuesday SOTD

CZTn7Zv.png

Blackland ERA Level 5 OC / Personna
Restored Rubberset 20mm Maggard Synth
ZM/B&M Nocturne Shaving Soap & Aftershave

jUthGAR.png

20220301_103700.jpg
SOTD 1st March - Happy St. Davids Day

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Razor- Parker 65r
Blade - Astra SP #1
Post - Cien Aqua lotion & Musgo Real balm

Nice to revisit this blade after a long, long time. Forgotten how smooth it was, and coupled with the efficiency of the 65r resulted in a close, smooth DFS 3 passes.
Yes, the 65r is an underrated razor in my Den and really should use it more.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

1 March

Sterling Campania
Yaqi Dandelion
Rex Ambassador
Feather Hi-Stainless
Sterling Campania asb

4B2F42FF-D62A-482C-8841-81A58E0A9E9F.jpeg
Same shaving gear as yesterday, but somehow a different shave. The Ambassador felt a bit rougher today, so much so that I had to check the dial to make sure I hadn’t nudged it to a higher setting. I hadn’t. Strange. The end result was the same, close, but, just not as comfortable during the shave. Was it me, poor preparation or a duff blade? I’ll have to see what happens tomorrow.

01/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Blackland ERA Plates #2 & #3
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester E (Finished, a bit sweet for me this one)
A/S - Pashana Original
P3010004.JPG
The Postie brought my eagerly awaited new Blackland ERA, i absolutely love it, it looks fantastic and feels great in the hand.
The planned Dart shave was canned so i could get this razor wet.
Fitted with a Med prep blade and starting on the #2 plate i completed a very comfortable WTG pass, no blade feel at all and a very "Feather - D2" feeling to it. Very much an easy, whip around quick shave for me.
I swapped the base plate to the #3 and this is more like what i normally use, as in, a Medium, efficient shaver, ie Karve on a "C" or 6S on a "3"
Overall one very happy bunny, definitely a winner for me and well done Shane @Blackland razors or bringing this new razor and process to the masses.
Update:-
I forgot to mention the little niggle of the box cardboard internals not being able to hold the razor in place during its long journey, maybe needs a foam insert, no damage to the razor though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom