SOTD : Saturday 26th March - Friday 1st April 2022.

Razor: AAT S1 good in any occasion. Actually excellent...
Soap: Mitchell's wool fat, used as a stick directly on the face.
Brush: Yaqui Sagrada - my only one

Blade. The worst I have ever tried. Treet dura sharp. I trashed the entire remaining pack of 9.

I managed to get to the end, but the Treet at least for me is a no-go. Scratchy as hell.
Only my masterful technique managed to avoid bloodshed...

20220330_093819.jpg
SOTD 30th Mar
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap - OSP Urban Viking
Razor - Merkur 37c Slant
Blade - Gillette Super Blue #1
Post - Musgo Real balm
Not used the soap or razor in quite a while.
But not to worry - both performed excellently - and a certain comfort and familiarity - like sitting in a comfy old chair or slipping on slippers or old shoes.
The OSP soap lathered superbly and I really like the fresh, powdery scent. The Slant was so smooth, efficient enough to deliver a DFS finish. Very nice and relaxing.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

30 March

A&E L’Orange Verte
Simpson Duke 3
RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Silver Blue
A&E L’Orange Verte splash
5CC8FA8C-126B-45BD-9814-87DE2557FD0C.jpeg

The Game Changer is not as game changing for me as some of the other razors in my small collection. The Duke synthetic, on the other hand, whipped up a storm of yogurty goodness. A reasonably presentable two pass shave this morning.​

30/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - Karve Stainless "C"
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk13 (5a).JPG
A winning combination for me, simply delightful.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

last night's SOTD arriving on here with the theme, 'Turkish delight'

20220329_202338.jpg

Fry's Turkish Delight - Rocnel SE-P
Lokum - 0.487526% of a Dorco Prime
локум - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Rahat - MDC Fougere
رَاحَةُ ٱلْحُلْقُوم‎ - L'Occitane Cade aftershave balm

'Not a delight from Turkey'

A return to the 'Most Dangerous fucking razor in the world' according to this bloke

I reckon he is just the worse shaver in the world.

Okay, it ain't no fairy and it doesn't shy away from the fact it is effing aggressive to a whole new level but hell it delivers like few others. I've seen a number of 'lather catchers' here on TSR recently, but let me share with you, the little gutter along the bottom is a 'blood catcher'. If you happen to be 'the worse shaver in the world'.

Treat with the respect it demands though and kid gloves while at it and the results are phenomenal. Two passes as I couldn't see why this shave needed any more and a ridiculously close shave was had. My face felt like a piece of wet rubber. Then again I look like a piece of wet rubber so really it was an expectation. Cover wet rubber in a kind of oil and this is starting to sound like a PR exercise for the S&M community. I'll have some of that.

How could MDC and the 24mm Cashmere be anything else other than wonderful? The delights were positively Turkish. I just feel these MDC soaps are one jar for a lifetime. Has anyone ever seen the bottom of the glass receptacle?

Stunning end results and at least there will be no shave on the books for today.

A bit of Japanese musical culture played by two very pretty girls to sign out on for a change

But then again the world does need a bit of Junna and her earlier association with Trident before she took to the solo drumming road. Culture from a different angle

last night's SOTD arriving on here with the theme, 'Turkish delight'

View attachment 86221

Fry's Turkish Delight - Rocnel SE-P
Lokum - 0.487526% of a Dorco Prime
локум - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Rahat - MDC Fougere
رَاحَةُ ٱلْحُلْقُوم‎ - L'Occitane Cade aftershave balm

'Not a delight from Turkey'

A return to the 'Most Dangerous fucking razor in the world' according to this bloke

I reckon he is just the worse shaver in the world.

Okay, it ain't no fairy and it doesn't shy away from the fact it is effing aggressive to a whole new level but hell it delivers like few others. I've seen a number of 'lather catchers' here on TSR recently, but let me share with you, the little gutter along the bottom is a 'blood catcher'. If you happen to be 'the worse shaver in the world'.

Treat with the respect it demands though and kid gloves while at it and the results are phenomenal. Two passes as I couldn't see why this shave needed any more and a ridiculously close shave was had. My face felt like a piece of wet rubber. Then again I look like a piece of wet rubber so really it was an expectation. Cover wet rubber in a kind of oil and this is starting to sound like a PR exercise for the S&M community. I'll have some of that.

How could MDC and the 24mm Cashmere be anything else other than wonderful? The delights were positively Turkish. I just feel these MDC soaps are one jar for a lifetime. Has anyone ever seen the bottom of the glass receptacle?

Stunning end results and at least there will be no shave on the books for today.

A bit of Japanese musical culture played by two very pretty girls to sign out on for a change

But then again the world does need a bit of Junna and her earlier association with Trident before she took to the solo drumming road. Culture from a different angle

one of the most fascinating and perhaps the most beautiful SE of the Turkish house

one of the most fascinating and perhaps the most beautiful SE of the Turkish house

Beautiful in an abstract sense and fascinating as in, why?

I do find some kind of achievement and strange enjoyment when I use it. Perhaps that is the fascination.

But a great razor for a class smooth as butter finish

Wednesday AM 2022-03-30
World Perspective Day
yi8O0uo.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/48)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
LASSC BBS-1
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
RazoRock XXX aftershave
WKc6RTt.jpg

Razor = Vintage 1960’s Feather Travel
Blade = Vintage Schick
Brush = Simpsons Duke
Soap = Williams Mug Soap
Splash = Boots The Chemist Freshwood with matching balm.08506EFB-E8F8-44F3-B8BF-DBE5C0EE8412.jpegCracking shave tonight although a bit later than normal for me.
Always have a bed time shower but decided on a shave as well.
A first for me with the williams mug soap.
I definitely enjoyed the experience and will be using it again for sure however for me there’s absolutely zero residual slickness, Basically my face was bone dry after every pass but hey that’s not a criticism it’s just the way the soap is.
Like the mitchell’s iv heard people saying they struggle to later this one but for me i had a wonderful creamy lather in seconds helped along with the Duke Badger.
The blade was also a first infact it was still in its cardboard packed so brand new nos.
I wasn’t holding out much hope for the blade but again i was surprised & i enjoyed the whole experience.
Vintage Razor for me has to be used with a vintage blade, Ot dosent really but i like the nostalgia of it all.
Anyway boys iv got a few deliveries incoming so an early night for me waiting on Pat ringing the doorbell
That’s Postman Pat incase you were wondering :ROFLMAO:
Anyway Lads usual applies
Stay Safe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom