SOTD : Saturday 26th March - Friday 1st April 2022.

Tuesday AM 2022-03-29
Birthdate of baseball pitcher Cy Young in 1867
ue9yAgH.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Yardley English Lavender aftershave (vintage)
oQva3oK.jpg

E905B528-63AE-4993-9A65-CD85201373BB.jpeg
SOTD: 29/03/2022

Razor: Across The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Aftershave: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime EDT
Additional Care: Seaforth Sea Spiced Lime Aftershave Toner

Despite disliking the Yaqi handle I thought I’d try it with the ATT G1 as it was all set up. It actually worked fairly well! The G1 was very different to the previous Gem I’d tried the Micromatic, ultra mild, barely any blade feel and very forgiving. It took me a while to dial in the angle which seemed much more shallow than most razors but once I did I got a DFS in 3 passes which I’ll count as a win on my first use! The head feels so gentle at times I wasn’t sure I was taking anything off, but the stubble was definitely there in the sink on the rinse and as I dialled it in that gentle audible sound of hair being removed was there. I actually really like the mild shave it gives, and it will be a great razor in my rotation after or before the likes of the Blackbird to counteract or prepare for a more aggressive shave or give my skin a break the next day. Another satisfied customer at the Emporium. @Boycie83 I really should just run a monthly payment plan at this rate!
I tried the Proraso preshave for the first time too, I loved the light scent but strangely felt the lightest of tingly reaction or something which was unusual. Not enough to put me off, more of a gentle wake up call and my skin was fine with it but it was there.
Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!

View attachment 86211
SOTD: 29/03/2022

Razor: Across The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Aftershave: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime EDT
Additional Care: Seaforth Sea Spiced Lime Aftershave Toner

Despite disliking the Yaqi handle I thought I’d try it with the ATT G1 as it was all set up. It actually worked fairly well! The G1 was very different to the previous Gem I’d tried the Micromatic, ultra mild, barely any blade feel and very forgiving. It took me a while to dial in the angle which seemed much more shallow than most razors but once I did I got a DFS in 3 passes which I’ll count as a win on my first use! The head feels so gentle at times I wasn’t sure I was taking anything off, but the stubble was definitely there in the sink on the rinse and as I dialled it in that gentle audible sound of hair being removed was there. I actually really like the mild shave it gives, and it will be a great razor in my rotation after or before the likes of the Blackbird to counteract or prepare for a more aggressive shave or give my skin a break the next day. Another satisfied customer at the Emporium. @Boycie83 I really should just run a monthly payment plan at this rate!
I tried the Proraso preshave for the first time too, I loved the light scent but strangely felt the lightest of tingly reaction or something which was unusual. Not enough to put me off, more of a gentle wake up call and my skin was fine with it but it was there.
Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!
I think there's a bit of menthol in the preshave Lee - it could be that.

Wed 30 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Britannia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor ZY430
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash
A nice soap! Light & refreshing minty scent and a good creamy slick lather...
Decided to put this razor through the Naniwa 12k because some part of the edge seems to be 'damaged' after hitting my glasses during the last use. Overall was not satisfactory. 2.5passes for a ccs result. The aftershaves were good.
20220330_131815.jpg

SOTD 30-Mar
20220328_181850.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Razor: MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Had a couple of goes with this new V14 knot, it has been described as one of the most gelled knots he'd stocked so I was a little hesitant to take the plunge but thought what the hell, worst case I'll dig it out. But it's actually fine, I was expecting a slimy mess from the description but it's actual good. Perhaps not the best backbone in the world (could have done with a lower setting for my taste), but it's still got some and decent splay, perfectly happy with it.

Smooth finish as ever with the MMOC, ready for the day ahead! Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom