SOTD : Saturday 26th March - Friday 1st April 2022.

View attachment 86154

Leaf Twig
Treet Platinum (5)
Simpson Wee Scot
Mondial - Antica Barberia
warm water, witch hazel
Myrsol - Agua Balsamica
Oud Isphahan edp.

It's thirteen degrees and there's folk in the street, in the scud - Gerry Cinnamon, 'Diamonds in the Mud.'

cheers - I.
An amazing photograph. My eyes have gone funny. Does that bottle of Myrsol really need a wax???

SOTD - Monday 28 March 2022

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Wright's cold tar soap, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: La Toja - shave stick.
Brush: Blackland signature.
Razor: Asylum Rx - V2.
Blade: Kai Captain (Pink) (day 5).
Post: Cold water splash, Myrsol Metilsol Aftershave Splash.

I slept in slightly this morning - not quite used to the clocks changing. Missed a shave on Sunday - an experiment today 2 passes WTG - DFS+ finish with no issues to report.

Loving the Asylum razor; a big shout out for La Toja - a great shaving soap - basic - no frills - solid performer.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited:
Mon 29 SOTD
Soap Lothur Dave New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor J.R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Lothur Dave Splash New 1st Use
This new soap...hmmm...the scent is there but too light...the lather...required more than the normal product and although slick but very goooey...overall nice!
Today's workday shaves with this razor after putting it through the 3 re-lapped & refreshed pasted balsa strops was just ok. Although the edge was keen, smooth & comfortable enough, managed 2.5passes for a mostly ccs result with some red spots. The matching aftershave was nice and the tea scent is slightly stronger...
20220329_091232.jpg

SOTD : 29th March 2022.

15.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Vie-long Horsehair.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Blade :Treet Dura Sharp. ( D2)
Razor: Snmirn Adjustable.(Settings) wtg 5, atg + pick ups 6.
Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Splash-On Lotion./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The Snmirn Adj/Treet Dura Sharp paired together wonderfully making a superb combo mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 29-Mar
20220328_181622.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: PAA Speakeasy
Razor: Blackland Era OC 5
Blade: GSB (2)

Excellent finish this morning, loaded far too much on the brush as is the norm, took an age to get enough water in to get the lather up to par.

Following that though it was a smooth sailing two pass for a good finish. The OC is good but not a touch on the SB for me, I have limited experience with OC's but for me the Gillette Old and New are still streaks ahead. Perhaps it'll shine for me on those rare occasions when I've got a few days growth, we shall see.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom