SOTD: Saturday 27 April - Friday 3 May 2024.

SOTD Thu 2 May 2024

A Thursday, shave
B0FEB0B5-CF23-478B-B38B-3639615ACC13.jpegPrep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - Yaqi Cola 22mm
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, homemade splash (witch hazel/Freshwood AS)
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind Vintage EDT

Great, close, smooth shave. Nacet blade was a good match for the little Merkur, very comfortable. Tried cutting down on post rituals, just used my homemade splash and some balm and a spray of edt on neck and elbows. Face still felt good and smelled nice.
Thanks to @Digimonkey and @Paul L for their advice on witch hazel, I picked up some essential oils today and will use them soon, cheers gents! I actually thought I had come up with something new with mixing witch hazel with Freshwood but whilst researching essential oils I came across a post on here from 2018 by the estimable @Palmolive fox about using that very mix. Nothing new under the sun!

93C94376-9CD6-4674-B21F-5786E85DE668.jpeg
You’re not as smelly as usual.
Oh, thanks for that, I think!
No problem.

A Thursday evening's shaving effort themed, 'A fine shave'

20240502_165447.jpg

A mighty fine razor - Yaqi Excalibur
A fine edge - Feather Super Professional
A brush of fine proportions - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Soapy and fine - Extro Arancia
Fine skin - Olay moisturiser
I fine you..... - Hermes verte Orange

'My God! I thought you were supposed to be a fine man. You're ugly and you smell like the devil has vomitted in my kettle'

A fine city. I once bought a T-shirt in Singapore which said 'Singapore, a fine city'. And then listed all the things they could fine you for. Spitting, littering, urinating, chewing gum, etc etc. Oddly it didn't mention masturbating in a public place, so I presume that was acceptable. Which was a good thing.

So today I received my first speeding ticket for many a year. Or 'Notice of Intended Prosecution'. I haven't had one of these since I gave in motorcycling several years back.

Since they only intend and it doesn't state 'will' I decided not to take any notice and threw it on the street. Then promptly fined £500 for littering.

I wouldn't mind but I thought I was being exceptionally charitable when I took my Mother-in-law's old microwave to the local tip and lead to the offence. So I completed the section which says, ' If you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the offence please state who was' by writing, 'My Mother-in-law'. They can send her down for driving without a licence and I get my exacting revenge and some peace. Serves her right for talking non-stop crap and owning gammy old microwaves. I might write shite, but I don't own any old offence kitchen gadgetry.

My shave

An absolute blinder. Made note the other day of my previous blade being on its last legs, so a fresh out the box sliding plastic container type thing Feather Super Pro became the sharp edge of choice. I find the Excalibur to be on the softer side of SE's and a nice sharp blade goes a long way. And it did. All the way to one beautifully delivered and beautifully finished bit of sink time. These little Yaqis have no right to be this damn good in consideration they are a cheap bit of Chinese manufacture, but they are.

The remainder of the accoutrements did a smashing job and I came away smelling like the contents of a bottle of Robinson's orange juice. Only nicer

A top notch shave

My Mother-in-law will have to get used to sharing a sink with several hundred other inmates when she needs to shave her beard off.

And to end on? Life after Lady Baby and Kaneko Rei's next project, Brats.

In fact, you can have two doses of Japanese girlies as came across these by accident. Strange name but a nice catchy little tune. Pinglate.....

3 May

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Mühle Classic L
Merkur 39c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Geo F Trumper Eucris skin food
Geo F Trumper Eucris edt

02197CD4-CF5E-4B78-8640-2720B1BF7B87.jpeg
A first class shave. Two passes and I was pretty much done in one. The second was mainly for fun. A lovely lather from the Eucris cream and I followed up with Eucris skin food and edt. Smelling great or of old man, depending on your perspective.

03/05/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - AP Shave Co UBrush 24mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 18 (7).jpg
The "Shy" not seen in the wild Kai Captain shavette is, for me, very much like the Feather DX in shave quality and face feel.
Spot on that.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD Thu 2 May 2024

A Thursday, shave
View attachment 120014Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - Yaqi Cola 22mm
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, homemade splash (witch hazel/Freshwood AS)
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind Vintage EDT

Great, close, smooth shave. Nacet blade was a good match for the little Merkur, very comfortable. Tried cutting down on post rituals, just used my homemade splash and some balm and a spray of edt on neck and elbows. Face still felt good and smelled nice.
Thanks to @Digimonkey and @Paul L for their advice on witch hazel, I picked up some essential oils today and will use them soon, cheers gents! I actually thought I had come up with something new with mixing witch hazel with Freshwood but whilst researching essential oils I came across a post on here from 2018 by the estimable @Palmolive fox about using that very mix. Nothing new under the sun!

View attachment 120016
You’re not as smelly as usual.
Oh, thanks for that, I think!
No problem.
Thanks for the Mention. As you've mentioned I've been using witch hazel for quite some time now. Witch hazel is a great natural calming astringent and toner, and a great post shave application. My first few mixtures didn't all go to plan, I added far too much essential oils & menthol crystals to the mix resulting in my face looking like a baboon's arse!:mad: I use a 200ml bottle of Care+ Witch Hazel & various essential oils bought from Home bargains, Pour into a Pyrex jug then I add approx. 10-15 drops of essential oils + 3-5 menthol crystals for my (~Spring/Summer mix~) rule of thumb when mixing add the essential oils /menthol crystals gradually and give it a test on your face with some cotton wool then I pour the mixture back into the bottle, or into a small plastic spray bottle to use. You can add more essential oils if required, but remember "You can add but You can't take it out". The mixture becomes cloudy in appearance when you add the essential oils and floats on the top of the mix you just give the bottle a shake to activate the mix before use. I'll have to try doing an aftershave/witch hazel mix like you've done with the Boots Freshwood aftershave.

Yours- Barry.

P.S. Don't test your concoctions out on the wonderful Bella, She'll report you to the RSPCA. unless you call it "Doggadoff Puddle Water"

Last edited:
mSIeQ5T.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Spearhead Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vintage Shulton Old Spice Lime Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Vintage Shulton Old Spice Herbal Cologne

Back
Top Bottom