SOTD : Saturday 27th January - Friday 2nd February 2018.

39953746502_3c6fcf2cb9_c.jpg

Edb6AfhE_o.jpg

Maseto Memphis 2 Band Finest
Gillette Rocket HD
Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (1)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Crabtree & Evelyn Hungary Water

This week I am using Solaris in the hope of using it all up, my favourite P&B soap but alas discontinued. My first use of the Platinum blade and using the same combination of razor to the Titanium one for comparison, another very nice blade, very alike the Titanium and markedly better than the Diamond Edge I had been using since Saturday. I don thtink they are different enough to warrant a 100 pack, after getting 100 Titanium blades.

Shaving with some new stuff
Pre : Saponificio Mono de Tahiti
Hot shower after 10 minutes
Soap : Vitos xtra super Coco
Brush : boar
Razor : fatboy
Blade : Gillette silver blue
Aftershave : HBG Bay Rum.
b595b53603a2a57d6e3f9b7ec596e627.jpg

A GOOD SHAVE.....GREAT LATHER FROM THE SOAP. HBG BAY RUM WITHOUT DOUBT THE BEST AFTERSHAVE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Tuesday's SOTD

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, warm water splash.
Razor - The Colonial General SS.
Blade - Kai Captain (Mild) Pink (Day 9).
Soap - Poraso Soap (Green).
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 - Pure Badger.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, followed by OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol.

A very enjoyable 2 pass shave DFS+ all over. No bowl today, went for a face lather, as I was in a rush - Poraso soap never disappoints - superb performance every time. Of course YMMV.

I needed the menthol wake up this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Chris

SOTD

Pre: Hot Shower & Bloom Water
Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps Barbershop
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Zorrik Super Platinum (1)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm High Mountain White Badger
A/S: Fine Santal Absolut
Balm: Rock Face Shaving Butter

Great shave. The HMW badger from Yaqi is outstanding. The softest badger brush I've ever used and was joy to lather up the brilliant Mike's natural soap. I love the simplicity of this soap and the scent is really nice. The performance is up there with the best in my opinion. As usual the DE89 was great to use and performed flawlessly.

20180130_164220_resized.jpg

Tuesday AM 2018-01-30

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest(22mm/53mm)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Delta Echo Ink Edition Feather AS-D2/Triad Aristocrat-Diplomat
Personna Super Stainless (1)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)

I love the Castile lather and fragrance. I wish they had made a tallow-based soap with it.
aTusys2.jpg

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Blue's Soap
Razor: Gem MMCP
Blade: Gem SS
IMG_20180130_172401.jpg

A cracking shave today. I keep forgetting about this soap and evey time I use it, I think don't leave it so long next time.
I could never forget about the Clog Pruf though, pretty efficient and handles like a dream.
If modern manufacturers wanted to make a Gem bladed razor to suit most tastes, I don't think they would be far off if this was their template.

Last edited:
Tue 30th Jan

Omega 11137 boar
MWF
ATT SE G1
Gem coated + modified 1/2 Spine Shim
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Pitralon Classic

I have acquired an ATT SE G1 as I enjoy using the Gem Blade in Vintage SE. Unfortunately
it seems that the Razor is too mild for my beard growth, and it takes forever to get what is not
a good Shave.

I have spoken to ATT re my problems,and it was suggested that I shimmed the blade. With a thin shim made from plastic I got a pretty good Shave. A better Shave was attained when I used a Shim made from the Spine of a Gem Blade. However, I was not minded to reach for the Razor as the blade needed changing.

Today I used the Shimmed Razor again, and I felt that it was now very aggressive and delivered an ultra close finish , as good as those attained with Vintage SE. The OCMM is a pussycat compared with this set up. Perhaps the shim is too thick , as I found that without realising I got a cut and weeper, mishaps that rarely happen. Will have to look around for some material for a shim that will calm things down a bit.

IMG_0202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom