SOTD : Saturday 27th January - Friday 2nd February 2018.

AnjpJxlz_o.jpeg

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor
Vintage Merkur
Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (3)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Saponificio Varesino Mann di Sicilia (sample)

I thought I would have blasted through the P&B this week, still have enough for another week of shaves. I'll work through the rest of it over the next few weeks. A decent shave today, not the best. I do like this blade but for me the Titanium was better.

Tried a sample of the Manna di Sicilia and what a lovely scent. I think that is a potential future purchase. I have a sample of Cosmo waiting to be used, always been curious about that scent. If I look at the profile I should hate this scent with hints of tobacco, but I can't smell tobacco or what I would think of as tobacco. Perhaps the element is very similar to Calani's Oriental Plum, that is supposedto have tobacco but again I can't smell it and like it.

Friday's SOTD

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, warm water splash, followed by Murdoch's (Avalon) Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - Supply-SE v2.0 (Plate **).
Blade - Personna PTFE (Day 1).
Bowl - Via Barberia by Omega.
Cream - Musgo Real Orange Amber Shaving Cream .
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Synthetic.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, followed by Neville (Oat kernal and Aloe) Tonic Splash and Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

Shave of the week, thus far :)

The Supply-SE has not had much of a look in, since my Colonial General SS arrived. Had a great 3 pass shave this morning, WTG, XTG and ATG on the face with a 2 pass WTG, ATG on the neck area. I really enjoyed having the Supply-SE in my hand again - excellent audio feedback and the right amount of blade feel for me - I got no blade feel from the Supply v1-0.

No issues, a lovely BBS finish, with my skin feeling great and relaxed.

The Neville Tonic splash is new to me, and it appears to have done the job nicely. I felt set up for the day after the shave.

Hope all is well and that the weekend is good.

Chris

21979cc9fc01e3b4d28a07cda64ca3e3.jpg

Today I tried to play with the adjustability of the Fasan loosening a bit of the handle... I think I loosened a bit more than needed hehe not so smooth as the previous two shaves and the end result was not any better too. As a final commentary to this lended Fasan Double Slant: it certainly piqued my interest in these razors and they are now on my wishlist.

February 2, 2018
Warm shower
face prep: Executive shaving pre shave
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Astra SP (1) NEW BATCH
Brush: Simpsons colonel X2L face lather
Shave soap: SV Felce Aromatica
Warm rinse, then Cold rinse with alum
Post shave: Witch hazel
Post shave 2: Castle Forbes 1445 A/S Balm
Colonge: Castle Forbes 1445 EDP

I'm revisiting new batch of Astra SP's. First tried these a few weeks ago and was not that impressed.

This is a comparison between old stock Astra SP's and new batch of SP's.

This is by no means a review it is my opinion. I have been using Astra SP's since I started DE shaving (Aprox 1 year ago) and they have been my go to blades, I Have limited experience of using the new batch of SP's

I did my usual 3 pass WTG, XTG and ATG. On the first pass it was not as smooth as it is with old stock SP's, it was by no means uncomfortable. Second pass about the same as old SP's and finally the third pass was same as old SP's.

On first pass they did not feel as sharp so it did struggle with 4 days beard growth.

The final outcome was a good clean shave with very minimal irritation on jaw line which soon disappeared post shave.

Would I still rate these as my number 1 goto blades
sadly not any more.

I do very much enjoy using Castle Forbes 1445 products, great feel good factor…Sublime.

Have a nice weekend :) B.

Last edited:
AnjpJxlz_o.jpeg

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor
Vintage Merkur
Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (3)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Saponificio Varesino Mann di Sicilia (sample)

I thought I would have blasted through the P&B this week, still have enough for another week of shaves. I'll work through the rest of it over the next few weeks. A decent shave today, not the best. I do like this blade but for me the Titanium was better.

Tried a sample of the Manna di Sicilia and what a lovely scent. I think that is a potential future purchase. I have a sample of Cosmo waiting to be used, always been curious about that scent. If I look at the profile I should hate this scent with hints of tobacco, but I can't smell tobacco or what I would think of as tobacco. Perhaps the element is very similar to Calani's Oriental Plum, that is supposedto have tobacco but again I can't smell it and like it.

Have you tried SV Tundra Artica yet? It's stunning?
I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with Cosmo as I've been put off (like yourself) with the scent profile.

Have you tried SV Tundra Artica yet? It's stunning?
I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with Cosmo as I've been put off (like yourself) with the scent profile.

I have the Tundra, first and only one I have so far. Absolutely love it, superb scent and performance. When I try the Cosmo I will tag you in the post. Hope to try it around Thursday, looks an interesting scent profile, I have a sachet of the balm which I would imagine more strong in terms of scent.

Friday 2nd February 2018
SOTD 2nd Feb.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Body Shop Maca Root face wash and Proraso White
Razor: Gillette TV Super-Speed
Blade: Triton R3 (#6)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Finest Extra Density
Soap: Fine Lavender Pour Homme
Bowl: Korium
AS: Bulldog Balm

Shave no. 6 and the Triton R3 blade still seems good, the Fine soap was a bit of an impulse buy, mainly as it was £10 delivered. I already have the Fine Platinum soap and I liked the performance and the scent, I also have Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge, and this Fine soap smells almost identical.

Back
Top Bottom