SOTD . SATURDAY 28th JULY - FRIDAY 3rd AUGUST 2018.

SOTD : 28th July 2018.

View attachment 37350
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: cool shower:/ Original Source ~ Tea Tree & Menthol
Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Nuage Men ~ Menthol Shaving Oil.

Brush: APShaving Co. ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Ingram Menthol .

Blade: Lancet ~ Super Stainless. (1)

Razor: Parker 87R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ Cooling post Shave Balm.

Floid ~ Mentholado Vigorso A/S.

Greetings,

A new 'Menthol Themed' shave set up to start the weekend.. Maiden shave with the lancet super stainless, last of the indian made blades in my den of which i've never tried. I'll be using just one blade for my SOTD's this week.Due the abnormal heatwave the UK has been having my menthol themed shaving products have become a saviour for a cool shave and jumped to the top of the queue in my soap & shaving cream rotation.

The 87r/lancet super stainless was a excellent duo, the lancet blade felt smooth, not a aggressive blade, but at the same time efficient enough to cut through my stubble, without any tugging issues..they remind me of shark ss blade, which is another blade that i've always had a good acceptable shave with.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with generous splash of the 'Mentally Vigorous' Floid ~ Mentholado Vigoroso. A/S...Superb Cooling Stuff.:)

My face is feeling super smooth,cool & smelling devine.;)
clear.png

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

clear.png

PS: 'Remember fellow members of TSR' "it's not very nice to look like a illigitimate love-child of David Dickinson"...Keep out of the sun if it returns after the thunderstorms.
Could be worse "it's not very nice to look like the illegitimate love-child of Donald Trump";)

Date: 28 July 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Polsilver Super Iridium #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- N/A

I cannot believe I'm still shaving because I've got man flu, and I'm still shaving, sick, bloody sick.

giphy.gif
Take it easy, Speedy..Lot's of rest, and fluids.:)

Sat 28th July
Omega 11126
Lea Classic cream
Schick "O" Clone
Schick Twin- Japan [ 14 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A nice drop of Rain last night cooled things down, so enjoyed a good nights sleep.

I felt like taking a leisurely laid back Shave, and made an ideal Choice. The Lea Cream provided an excellent
lather for the "O" Clone to deliver its usual smooth and close Shave. Provided you do not rush your Shave, one can guarantee a really fuss free Top Notch Shave from the "O", does not need the concentration required when using the likes of a Type E2 or Injecto Matic.
The Lea Cream has a nice menthol kick which lingers post Shave, and the skin feels refreshed as well. In fact I ordered a Tub to go with the refill of the solid soap which is nearly finished.

IMG_0176.jpg

9uWHWUTB_o.jpg

Yaqi Caravel Arctic Synthetic
Rockwell 6S
Supermax Super Platinum (2)
Calani Iberische Sonne
Myrsol Emulsion & Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada

A sunny looking shave but the weather is completely opposite. A top quality shave though, I think I am officially over RAD, and maybe SAD but the recent Wickhams and P&B releases catch my eye, been a good boy for almost 6 weeks now :D.

For me this blade is a go to blade, works well in all my razors, the Rockwell is my current daily driver and thy are a perfect pair. Yaqi brushes seem to lather anything whether it is a cream, croap or triple milled soap.

20180728_144856-jpg.33283

Blackland Dart
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Maseto Finest
Barrister and Mann reserve cool
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean Aftershave

The shave: Hard to put into any meaningful words...

The Soap: The lather was usable but I didn't really know whether I needed to add more soap or more water? A right head scratcher. Back to the drawing board.

The Razor: Second use of the Dart. Trying a new soap wasn't ideal but I really wanted to use the soap.
I think the 'lather' or lack of one didn't help matters.
It felt pretty aggressive today. I needed the lightest of light touches.
So much so I needed a number of touch ups. The finished results were good but not as good as the first shave.

The Aftershave: To end on a positive note. I really rated it.

Cheers
Rob

Saturday's SOTD :)

Out of this world.

Pre-shave: Epsom sals bath; face wash Musgo Real Classic Glycerin Oil Soap and cold water splash.
Cream: OSP Menthol and Eucalyptus.
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Bowl: Aesop.
Razor: Rocnel-SE
Blade: Gem PTFE (Day 5).
Post: Cold water splash, followed by a healthy splash of Pitralon Classic.

The epsom salt bath soak is great, the steam softens the stubble no end. The OSP as ever great protection, glide, scent - all good.

Excellent shave: first pass WTG, second pass XTG - decided to go for a third pass as I did not want the shave to end. Final pass ATG. BBS finish: no issues could not stop the odd stroke of the face all day.

I remembered that I bought a bottle of Pitralon classic, when in Berlin earlier this year. Lovely scent - felt good on the skin after the shave.

All the best,

Chris

View attachment 37356

~ SOTD~

Prep ~,Shower, Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap
Razor ~ Blackland Dart (Sabre Handle)
blade ~ Gillette Rubie Stainless NOS made in London
Soap ~ Eufros Zanzibar Premum Tallow
Brush ~ SOC Taj Badger & Boar
Post Thayers / Jojoba oil
Scent ~ Saffron Aoud ~ D'Arabie

I've decided that the Sabre handle suited the Dart better than the stock handle, so it's staying.
I also decided I would use one of the wonderful NOS Gillette Rubie blades so kindly given to me by @Dobbo25 , cheers mate.
I'm loving this razor so much that I'm pairing it with everything I love the brush, the blade and the soap, I can't go wrong.
The brush soon whipped up a wonderfully creamy lather and I was soon working the lather into mu stubble, once done I set to with the razor with a light touch as that's all that is needed and I swear this is an R41 in stainless steel, joy of yoys, it really does feel like one. I never thought the R41 was an Aggressive razor I just thought it was good at what it did, YMMV
Two passes and a clean up pass and that was it, job done.
A big thank you going out to Blackland for making this Dart, you really pulled it out of the bag, I do prefer my Sabre handle though! :)
Smooth skinned and looking fab I gave myself a few sprays of Saffon Aoud bu D'Arabie, a perfect end to a perfect shave.

Have a great weekend People's.......P

" I swear this [the Dart] is an R41 in stainless steel" - credit card is looking nervous - must resist :)

" I swear this [the Dart] is an R41 in stainless steel" - credit card is looking nervous - must resist :)
On the whole our first impressions are made by the eyes and I don't like the look of the dart and because of this it was nowhere near my radar....
...then....
this....
and I swear this is an R41 in stainless steel, joy of joys
...and this..
I never thought the R41 was an Aggressive razor I just thought it was good at what it did, YMMV
...and now I want to buy one....
...behind me @Blademonkey

Last edited:
Saturday 28th July 2018
SOTD.jpg
Pre shave: Warm shower and L'Oreal face wash + Noxzema shave cream
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Feather Pro (#5)
Soap: AOS Unscented soap
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest
Post shave: Alum block, cold water splash and Thayer's Cucumber witch hazel
AS: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue (US)
EDT: Dior Fahrenheit

Saturday 28th July PM

9th DE shave

Prep: Warm water rinse, Nivea Facial Wash then Nuage shaving oil
Soap: Musgo Real Classic (another kind gift from @Blackmass)
Brush: ES Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge (4)
Post: Cold rinse, Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus aftershave balm.

I'm still learning a new skill but this evening I gave myself a pat on the back. This is the smoothest and most comfortable my face has been in a long time.

I followed my usual prep routine other than this was my first time using a soap.

There were a few things that worried me before I started - a new soap (I've never used soap before), the 4th shave with the same blade and the 4th day in a row shaving.

The Musgo Real Classic soap, kindly provided by @Blackmass, lathered up really quickly and produced a silky slick lather. The blade continued to glide over my face and my skin felt silky smooth when I applied the Prorasso balm. No stinging, no burn, no nicks and no weepers.

I'm now understanding the best angles of attack for various areas during my 3rd pass XTG.

I know I'm setting myself up for a fall, but shaving this way is awesome!

I'm trying to control my spending but it's so difficult with days like this.....though I did manage to get a new EDT today - EAD Divulge. It cost me a whole 70p! SWMBO liked the scent so it was a no brainer. Happy wife, happy life!

Have a great Saturday night folks!

[emoji482]

Back
Top Bottom