SOTD . SATURDAY 28th JULY - FRIDAY 3rd AUGUST 2018.

Saturday 28th July PM

9th DE shave

Prep: Warm water rinse, Nivea Facial Wash then Nuage shaving oil
Soap: Musgo Real Classic (another kind gift from @Blackmass)
Brush: ES Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge (4)
Post: Cold rinse, Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus aftershave balm.

I'm still learning a new skill but this evening I gave myself a pat on the back. This is the smoothest and most comfortable my face has been in a long time.

I followed my usual prep routine other than this was my first time using a soap.

There were a few things that worried me before I started - a new soap (I've never used soap before), the 4th shave with the same blade and the 4th day in a row shaving.

The Musgo Real Classic soap, kindly provided by @Blackmass, lathered up really quickly and produced a silky slick lather. The blade continued to glide over my face and my skin felt silky smooth when I applied the Prorasso balm. No stinging, no burn, no nicks and no weepers.

I'm now understanding the best angles of attack for various areas during my 3rd pass XTG.

I know I'm setting myself up for a fall, but shaving this way is awesome!

I'm trying to control my spending but it's so difficult with days like this.....though I did manage to get a new EDT today - EAD Divulge. It cost me a whole 70p! SWMBO liked the scent so it was a no brainer. Happy wife, happy life!

Have a great Saturday night folks!

[emoji482]

Thanks for the tag. Glad the soap worked out ok. Great to read of your progress.
:)

On the whole our first impressions are made by the eyes and I don't like the look of the dart and because of this it was nowhere near my radar....
...then....
this....

...and this..

...and now I want to buy one....
...behind me @Blademonkey
I'm sure there will be people who will not see the razor as I do and that stands to reason, so I am sure there will be a couple come up on BST, if so my friend snap one up, I'm sure you will love it. I'm not here to big anything up or to try and sell you something, I'm just giving you my heart felt feelings about this razor. The handle you can fix! :) P.

And for this evening my theme was 'OSP (Obsessive Shaving and Pianos) in C# because this evening was a classical of sorts

_7280068 (3) xx.jpg

First Movement - Brass Seygus - Home made long brass handles - Polsilver Lodz
Second Movement - Muhle synthetic ivory brush
Third Movement - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol cream
Fourth Movement - ADP Assoluta
Fifth Movement (not included in the photo) - My favourite Mexican cereal bowl as a scuttle (and occasionally for eating cereals from)

I guess I have been a little too obsessed lately with the wonderful Timeless and my other choice razors have been sitting at the back of the cabinet looking depressed and neglected. So this evening it was time to give the Seygus an airing and what a lovely choice it turned out to be. I have simply forgotten how good the Seygus really is. Paired with my own brass handle there is a lovely sense of balance while being nice and weighty.

It is not the best of handles when it comes to a question of grip, but amazingly it does sit comfortably in the hand and does give great control with it being so damn long. Happy handling and very much at home with the Lodz doing the sharp end cutting trick. In among the mild end of the spectrum it still manages to obtain one great and secure shave. I find it nigh on impossible to mistakenly achieve any cuts or nicks with the Seygus. Very forgiving.

OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol cream. A recent acquisition and as obsessive as OSP may be with their soap, I am the equal with my fandom of their products. The soothing scent of Eucalyptus breaking its way through a strong biting waft of menthol. Great stuff and the kind of scent which makes me feel 'life is good'........sometimes. I never struggle to get a good thick lather from OSP creams and this one is no different. My only problem is I need more of their creams, I need, I need, I need. Will my wife want to understand? Probably not. I need, I need, I need.

The Muhle synthetic because it is a brush and it does its brush duty thing in a very nice and efficient manner. I rate these Muhle brushes highly and they quite happily keep me away from spending out on more brushes; which gives me more needed cash for the OSP creams......and soaps.......and more razors......and more blades....etc etc etc

ADP Assoluta as I really thought its citrus edge might compliment the Menthol and Eucalyptus. And bugger me it does. That light summery fragrance so sought after, and on the same day the summer weather decided a taste of Winter was on the climate menu. :rolleyes::(. One of those Emoji days.

So I sit here typing merrily away and feeling wonderfully closely shaven with a lovely summery zest about me. It is late at night. My wife is away. It is wet and miserable and I think I may as well disappear off to bed. My pillow will quietly whisper 'Hey nice shave sexy'. That is pillow talk for you.

Have a wonderful week ahead chaps

PS. I don't play the piano it is just an expensive prop

PPS. My wife does

And for this evening my theme was 'OSP (Obsessive Shaving and Pianos) in C# because this evening was a classical of sorts

View attachment 37367

First Movement - Brass Seygus - Home made long brass handles - Polsilver Lodz
Second Movement - Muhle synthetic ivory brush
Third Movement - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol cream
Fourth Movement - ADP Assoluta
Fifth Movement (not included in the photo) - My favourite Mexican cereal bowl as a scuttle (and occasionally for eating cereals from)

I guess I have been a little too obsessed lately with the wonderful Timeless and my other choice razors have been sitting at the back of the cabinet looking depressed and neglected. So this evening it was time to give the Seygus an airing and what a lovely choice it turned out to be. I have simply forgotten how good the Seygus really is. Paired with my own brass handle there is a lovely sense of balance while being nice and weighty.

It is not the best of handles when it comes to a question of grip, but amazingly it does sit comfortably in the hand and does give great control with it being so damn long. Happy handling and very much at home with the Lodz doing the sharp end cutting trick. In among the mild end of the spectrum it still manages to obtain one great and secure shave. I find it nigh on impossible to mistakenly achieve any cuts or nicks with the Seygus. Very forgiving.

OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol cream. A recent acquisition and as obsessive as OSP may be with their soap, I am the equal with my fandom of their products. The soothing scent of Eucalyptus breaking its way through a strong biting waft of menthol. Great stuff and the kind of scent which makes me feel 'life is good'........sometimes. I never struggle to get a good thick lather from OSP creams and this one is no different. My only problem is I need more of their creams, I need, I need, I need. Will my wife want to understand? Probably not. I need, I need, I need.

The Muhle synthetic because it is a brush and it does its brush duty thing in a very nice and efficient manner. I rate these Muhle brushes highly and they quite happily keep me away from spending out on more brushes; which gives me more needed cash for the OSP creams......and soaps.......and more razors......and more blades....etc etc etc

ADP Assoluta as I really thought its citrus edge might compliment the Menthol and Eucalyptus. And bugger me it does. That light summery fragrance so sought after, and on the same day the summer weather decided a taste of Winter was on the climate menu. :rolleyes::(. One of those Emoji days.

So I sit here typing merrily away and feeling wonderfully closely shaven with a lovely summery zest about me. It is late at night. My wife is away. It is wet and miserable and I think I may as well disappear off to bed. My pillow will quietly whisper 'Hey nice shave sexy'. That is pillow talk for you.

Have a wonderful week ahead chaps

PS. I don't play the piano it is just an expensive prop

PPS. My wife does
Great write up by the way a good picture. Have you tried the OSP Lemon, Peppermint & Menthol? Fantastic stuff you need to get some if you haven't already. Love the pillow talk :) ! P.

SOTD 28JUL18.JPG
SOTD 28JUL18
Razor: Gibbs #17 Adjustable (5)
Blade: Modified Wizamet Super Iridium (7)
Brush: Epsilon 'Krion'
Soap: Grooming Dept. 'Coattails'​

After having fallen in love with my REX Ambassador I had to seek out its inspiration. I found this one on eBay in great shape besides some brassing on the edges. I watched some videos and did some light reading to figure out how to modify a blade to fit due to the tabs at the end of the baseplate.

I went with a magnificent soap in GD's Coattails (known good) to make sure there were no variables to ruin my razor test run. I dialed it up to setting 5 because that is where I have been using my Ambassador.

I found the shave to be fantastic, I found it to glide a little better than the Ambassador probably due to the polished head but I did notice where the REX Supply Co. made major design improvements. The black handle of the Gibbs is hard plastic and so this razor (73g) is super top heavy. The REX is much more balanced, it has more heft (107g), and easier to hold on to due to the awesome knurling.

I prefer my Ambassador because of the better balance, heavier weight, and not having to modify DE blades to fit and also that it is a two piece design vice the three-piece design of the Gibbs. I did really love the way this razor shaved and will definitely continue to use it in the future.

image.jpg

-SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valbora Glicerlanolina Soap
Razor ~Blackland Dart
Blade ~ Gillette Super Silver Stainless Steel (NOS)
Soap ~ Klar Kabinett (Discontinued)
Brush ~ SOC Badger & Boar Cherrywood Handle
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal / jojoba Oil
Scent ~ Penhaligons Sartotrial edt

Another day with the Dart and another NOS Blade, this blade again turned out to be as good as its modern counterparts, I have yet to do a test for longevity but that will come, I'm marking the blade wrappers as I use them. Thanks to @Dobbo25 for this blade and many more he kindly gave to me. :)
The Dart is still getting me excited about an up and comming shave, now my love for DE Razors wasn't the same after I got the SE bug but this razor-is as close to one of my favourite DE razors, the R41only the Dart is stainless steel!
So I now get that buzz knowing I'm going to get a close but comfortable shave, it's not aggressive, it's just very efficient and unless you do something stupid it's not going to bite you.
Today's shave was no exception, my lather was knocked up with my SOC Bodger and boy what a lather, that Klar Kabinett can produce, it's top draw and it's tallow free. 99% of my soaps are not, this is how highly I regard Klar Kabinett.
The Dart looking fab with the Sabre's handle just glided through the lather taking my stubble with it, two and a bit , well call it three passes and I was as smooth as it is possible to get with a razor and blade.
After my post shave routine I gave myself a good spraying of the wonderful Sartotrial from Penhaligons, this is up there in my top three scents,

Have a great Sunday folks..........P

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
General SS
Kai Pink
Maseto 2 Band
Tabac
Thayers Rose Petal
Tabac A/S

1efba4d5-784e-4576-be9b-6bd47eb71168-jpeg.33357

Pre: Cold water face wash,
Brush: Vulfix 404 Badger/Boar
Soap: Eufros Rosa Bourbon
Razor: Blinged Up Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: Treet Super Carbon

IMG_20180729_075343.jpg
My Postman was busy yesterday, some carbon blades from a fellow shaver in the US and my polished Sabre from the very talented James (@Acer89).
I'm chuffed to bits with the finish on the Sabre. Does it shave any better? No, but it's already one of my favourite razors and I wasn't trying to improve its performance, I just wanted to bling it up and James certainly did that.
The carbon Treets were as smooth as silk from the off and left my skin feeling the same way.
Here's hoping you enjoy your Sunday.

Great write up by the way a good picture. Have you tried the OSP Lemon, Peppermint & Menthol? Fantastic stuff you need to get some if you haven't already. Love the pillow talk :) ! P.

I haven't tried those two scents yet but they are on the list and one of the reasons I can say 'Thank God I don't understand this brush thing'. Save money and the need to need

Last edited:
SOTD: 29th July 2018.

17.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: cool shower:/ Original Source ~ Tea Tree & Menthol Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Glycerine Soap.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream :Arko ~ Maximum Comfort.

Blade: Lancet ~ Super Stainless. (2)

Razor: Gillette Tech .(Eng)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon Lime,+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture/ The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Hai Karate ~ A/S Lotion.

Greetings,

Another wonderful cold water 3 pass + pick ups comfortable sunday shave with no errors to report...These cold water shaves are a wonderful.

The lancet blade paired up wonderfully with the gillette tech, still feeling very smooth inbetween each pass, i had to look to see if i had put the blade in as i couldn't feel it against my rhino skin...A great blade.

Finishing the shave off in old school style with a generous splash of Hai Karate~ A/S Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling like "a real ladies man".
clear.png
;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
clear.png

Last edited:
Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Vreto Mystic Woods
Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip
PAL Injecto-Matic
Schick Proline (3)
Thayers Witch Hazel (cucumber)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

A cracking shave with the ever efficient Injecto-Matic this morning. Two and a bit passes for BB smooth. Enjoy your hopefully not too wet Sunday chaps.

Back
Top Bottom