SOTD : Saturday 28th May - Friday 3rd June 2022.

Tue 31 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Persona X Series 20th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Witchhazel & Splash
Absolutely love this soap...for the scent, cooling sensation, and creamy slick lather whipped up easily by the marvelously plush brush!
Amazingly still a good shave with this well-used blade paired with the razor. Still smooth and crisp. 3passes without any issues for a dfs+ finish. The matching aftershaves are much needed for a stifling hot humid day...
20220531_120528.jpg

SOTD : 31st May 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap.
Blade : Derby Usta. (D1)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

I've went for a menthol themed shave to finish the end of the month of with a cooling kick for my face sensors.

The derby usta/Parker 94r duo matched together excellently mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling cool and smooth. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 31-May
20220522_103200.jpg
Brush: PAA Phantom
Soap: MSC Black Tie
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: GSB (1)

Well I was awake this time around so able to pay full attention. Stuck to my normal two pass, didn't feel like pushing my luck. Weight of the razor only and riding the cap a fair bit, I was rewarded with a very smooth finish with next to no feedback, I'll call that a success.

I've said it before, this razor is not my favourite, but when I feel like taking a walk on the wildside it definitely fits the bill.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

125 miles later I finally manage to get around to reporting my SOTD from Sunday night and this one is themed 'Ideal Standard and an Ideal shave'

20220529_201115.jpg

The art of flushing - Rocnel Elite
WC Grace - Polsilver Lodz
Don't forget to pull - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Toilet rimming - York Swirling Soapery Arabian Dreams
Around the bend - Pure moisturiser

'Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to complain about the low standards set by Mr Friendly even before this SOTD has begun..............'

So impressed from my previous outing it just had to be the Rocnel Elite part II (The return of the big Turkish tool)

And a new soap on the block. Found this one lurking in a 'local arts and crafts' shop in Beverley and why not? I thought. And 'why not' I did and 'why not' I bought as not too badly priced.

It describes itself as a shaving cream, but it is more a soft soap than anything. The scent is very nice in a light Oud kind of way and carries rather nicely. Easy to pick up and easy to lather straight on to the face. A good honest product which shows itself in a good light in terms of lather quality and a rewarding hassle free shave being the end result. Very Ideal to round off a happy day.

A thumbs up from here and another great shave from the Rocnel with its supporting new friend. And the Tuxedo is starting to win my love again.

God bless shaving and Ideal Standard toilet flushing mechanisms. Saves digging holes in the garden.

Have wonderful days and never forget, I love you all. Goodbye for now

The return of some Band Maid to end this SOTD. I just wish they wouldn't add the English translation, but hey, you can't have everything

'..........not only that I would happily see his balls cut off with a rusty old razor. Did I say 'I love the man?' If I did, I retract my words because I don't.

Yours sincerely
The ex-Bishop of Grimethorpe
(defrocked 1984)'

Very simple and old school

Brush is synthetic, from Bodyshop
Bowl is wooden and very old
Razor is a 1970 Tech, tried others but I keep going back to this razor.
Blade is Dorco Titan, a favourite.
Shaving cream is mostly Palmolive

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 15
Tuesday 31st May
Yaqi Katana - Euromax Platinum Coated #1 - Virginia Sheng Purtech - Palmolive - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
JlZBQa2.jpg

Very simple and old school

Brush is synthetic, from Bodyshop
Bowl is wooden and very old
Razor is a 1970 Tech, tried others but I keep going back to this razor.
Blade is Dorco Titan, a favourite.
Shaving cream is mostly Palmolive
A Classic shave set up...Tried and tested!...Simplicity & old school is my kind of shave set up! (y)

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 31st May 2022

Shave Score 9.5 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: P&B Imperial Rum
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post Shave ASL: P&B Imperial Rum
Post Shave Balm: P&B Imperial Rum
Post Shave Cologne: P&B Imperial Rum

A quick and dirty 2 pass, but close non the less, love the scent on this set, courtesy of @Dcshaves Rockwells 6C Gunmetal Razor :)

Have a great Jubilee Bank Holiday All :)

Joe

IMG_0349.jpeg

31 May

PAA Future Fiction
PAA Peregrino
Karve Christopher Bradley
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm
YSL Y

30EDB999-4E7D-49AC-9F63-58B56D5E45FE.jpeg
I used my new E plate in the Karve this morning and had a fantastic close shave. The only mild disappointment was the muted scent of the PAA CK-6 soap no complaints about the lather though, copious and rich. I like the artwork too.

31/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - OneBlade Genesis
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
Wk 22 (4).JPG
Last day of Mug Soap and Mitchells May i have to say i actually enjoyed it, although, still not much of a dent in either the Mug soap or Mitchells puck, i will continue with Mitchells Monday and Williams Wednesday, unless i use one of my Vintage soaps instead;).
The Oneblade just works, no drama and a terrific finish.
I was a bit tired this morning and had to push myself to the Swimming pool, i am glad i did, i completed just over a mile in around 45 Mins and feel much better for it.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

It describes itself as a shaving cream, but it is more a soft soap than anything. The scent is very nice in a light Oud kind of way and carries rather nicely. Easy to pick up and easy to lather straight on to the face. A good honest product which shows itself in a good light in terms of lather quality and a rewarding hassle free shave being the end result. Very Ideal to round off a happy day.

Good to hear! Often, these artisinal soaperies completely miss the point when it comes to shaving soap and think masses of suds equates to a good shave when actually, we want a tight lather and a good slip.

Back
Top Bottom