SOTD : Saturday 2nd - Friday 8th February 2019.

Saturday 2nd February
Speick
Saturday

Yaqi Al Tux - Speick - Pal Adjustable - Schick Proline B #3 - Alum - Speick A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream
ceVDXUV.jpg

Prep: Hot face wash Pears Glycerine
Soap: B&M 42
Brush: Yaqi 28mm Tux
Bowl: Timeless
Razor: Yingjili Tech clone
Blade: Yingjili amorphous diamond super stainless (1)
AS: Brute
ASB: Superdrug 2 in 1 moisturiser
Very surprised by the Yingjili blade much better then i thought ( its chinese so must be crap syndrome )

Klar Seifen Sport ~ Simpsons CL2 ~ Joseph Rodgers 6/8" ~ Alum ~ T&H Apsley Cologne

Lovely shave, couple of comments on the scents... Klar Sport smells like Rive Gauche, slightly less spice and slightly more florals but definitely that ballpark. Apsley smells of Terre d'Hermes, not sure I could tell the difference between it and D.R. Harris Windsor if blindfolded but the T&H seems to be stronger (Harris EdT only lasted a couple of hours on me whereas the T&H has been on 5+ and is still going strong.)

Saturday 2 Feb

Soap - SMN Tabacco Toscana
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Old
Blade - Gillette Rubie #2
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
Alt-Innsbruck EdC

Sublime today. I used my Merkur 34C yesterday and the result was ok. Today, the result was in a different league; I'm always amazed at the consistently excellent shaves I get from a razor (that's) round about one hundred years old.

F4323A19-4B9E-4C45-848C-074C34996CEE.jpeg

Sat 2nd Feb.

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED 2 band
P & B Spitfire
Ever Ready 1924 / Windrose S/S Handle
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash.

Another Super Saturday Shave, after using a "Streamline" last week the ER 1924 was a good follow up act. I find that when fitted with a longer modern S/S handle the 1924 shaves smoothly and comfortably , and without any issues delivers a Top Notch all round finish. This is a great alternative to the "Streamline" my favourite ER Razor, readily available and cheaper too. Must really try to see if I can get a 1914 fitted with a longer Handle.

View attachment 41074
I find a modern handle on my 1924 (an iKon) renders it a heavy and beautifully efficient beast.

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: LeeDa Keyhole, Maggards 24mm 2BF
Soap: P&B Pall Mall
Razor: Karve CB with D plate
Blade: Perma-Sharp Stainless
View attachment 41088

A splendid Saturday shave and the wonderfully scented soap was provided by the very generous @Barry Giddens, thanks mate.
You're welcome Kevin. I knew you would like the scent.

Saturday 2 Feb

Soap - SMN Tabacco Toscana
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Old
Blade - Gillette Rubie #2
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
Alt-Innsbruck EdC

Sublime today. I used my Merkur 34C yesterday and the result was ok. Today, the result was in a different league; I'm always amazed at the consistently excellent shaves I get from a razor (that's) round about one hundred years old.

View attachment 41097
It's good to see you back Stephen.

Back
Top Bottom