SOTD : Saturday 2nd - Friday 8th February 2019.

Saturday 2 February 2019

PreShave: Warm water, from the tap
Cream: JFT Violet
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Polsilver si (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Jermyn Street

Finished the Nacet last week and after four with my Astra (my default blade), I switched to the Polsilver. I'm trying to test in a quasi-scientific manner the blades I bought last year, attempting to use the Astras as the control. I found the Nacets to be nice, sharp and would last for 5 days (rather than the 4 that the Astra gives me). Bit at more than 125% of the cost of an Astra, they belong as a treat, rather than a staple.

The Polsilvers are nice—this is only the second Polsilver blade I've used. I find them smooth and sharp. But I'm a bit alarmed about their availability: their price jumped by about 1/3 over the past month—is the shortage of supply due to their (rumoured) discontinuation finally kicking in? (And kicking me in the wallet along the way?)

Anyway, the verdict on the Polsilver will be returned in a day or two. And have a great weekend.

Date: 03 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #9
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

SOTD : 3rd February 2019.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ RightGuard ~ Energy Burst Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 10077 .

Head & Face Lather.

Soap : Scottish Fine Soap.

Blade: Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Stainless.(2)

Razor: Parker 24C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face & head.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Arko ~ Cool Cologne + Aftershave Balm .

Greetings,

I didn't have to venture into the mill today,me & my fellow mill workers finished the back log off yesterday afternoon YEAH!
thumbup.gif

Head & Face Shave.

i had some Leisure time to do my monthly head shave, after my weekly 'no guard' buzz cut with my wahl hair clippers, yesterday evening, this morning after a hot shower,i had a comfortable 2 wtg passes ,+ 1 atg pass+ pickups head shave, leaving my head dolphin smooth.The Parker 24C/Gillette 7'oClock s.s. was a superb duo.

The scottish fine soap after a 5 minute soaking in hot water , then loading the damp omega boar brush up for a minute then wetting the tips of the brush to whip up a slick protective lather for the shave.I find the characteristics of this soap very similar to MWF & it's sibling Kent luxury soap, both have lanolin in them, which is really suited to my rhino skin type & gives me the best post shave feel i've had from a shaving soap both for my head & face.

A comfortable relaxing head & face Sunday 3 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Arko ~ Cool Aftershave Balm.

My head & face are feeling smooth & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Sun 3rd Feb.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Pall Mall
Gem OCMM- Brass
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

I have not used this Razor for some time which is a mistake. It may have a reputation for being overly aggressive which IMHO is rather unfair. I have found that by not rushing a Shave , taking care and using a light touch this and other Razors deliver smooth and comfortable Shaves. Today using a fresh blade, I had a most enjoyable and trouble free Shave and was rewarded with a Top Notch all round finish. The OCMM is definitely in my top tier of Vintage SE Razors and I should use it more, rather than some of the lesser performing ones.

IMG_0354.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday 3rd February

Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
Pears Glycerine Soap
Clubman Shave Butter (Preshave)
TOBS Royal Forest Shaving Cream
Yaqi Heavy Metal Synthetic Brush
Feather AC SS in Scotchwood with a Proline-P
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Alum and Rinse
Simple Facial Toner
Palmer's Raw Shea Moisturiser
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Aventus type PO

Perhaps a little over the top with the Shave Prep.....but I had a day outside in the cold yesterday and my face was very dry this morning, and of course you should always try to pamper yourself at least once a week!
The Royal Forest is my favourite TOBS cream to date. It is reported to have a scent similar to Creed Aventus. Now .....I have never tried Aventus but it is very slick and fruity and a pleasure to use.
2 passes and a touch up for a perfect BBS finish and a great way to start a Sunday:)

Sunday Shave

The First outing with the Windrose Slant , The Handle is heavy but it seems to just sit nicely at the correct angle in the hand, nice efficient shave. I will write more once I have had a chance to try it some more.

Preshave - Vitos Menthol
Brush - Maggards Tuxedo
Soap - OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Cream (My Favourite)
Razor - Windrose Open Comb Slant
Blade - Gillette Sharp Edge Yellow
Balm - Brimble and Hawkins
Aftershave - Floids Menthol

IMG_20190203_111829335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom