SOTD: Saturday 2nd September - Friday 8th September 2017

SOTD_20170908-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: J.A. Henckels - Friodur - 72
  • Shaving Brush: Vie-Long - 13071 (Horse Hair)
  • Shaving Soap: Stirling Soap - Mountain Man
  • After-Shave: Stirling Soap - Sharp Dressed Man
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Roi d''Orient

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus

Soap: APR Lixiviant
Razor: ATT Kronos (R2)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (1)
Splash: APR Lixiviant

A four day growth was dispatched with disdain by this combo. The Spoiler blade worked very nicely indeed with the mid-aggressive R2 open comb plate. The lather was excellent as always from APR. The Lixiviant scent, paradoxically both fresh and exotic, swirled around my bathroom and made me a happy man.

Friday 8th SEptember

Birch Tar Soap
3P Preshave Cream
Klar Kabinett Soap
Giles Shaving Bowl
Zenith Boar Brush
GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and rinse
Organic Rosewater and Glycerine
Pitralon Swiss AS

3 Passes for a super smooth shave. Absolutely no complaints. Looking forward to the weekend!

Friday 8th SEptember

Birch Tar Soap
3P Preshave Cream
Klar Kabinett Soap
Giles Shaving Bowl
Zenith Boar Brush
GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and rinse
Organic Rosewater and Glycerine
Pitralon Swiss AS

3 Passes for a super smooth shave. Absolutely no complaints. Looking forward to the weekend!

Very nice looking setup and a great aftershave. ;):)
Where can I buy this tin?

Last edited:
Speedy SOTD;

IMG_5136.jpg

Required a quick one before work so grabbed my newly-acquired RR BC Synth, newly-acquired Wickham's Cashmere, newly-received (on loan) Rockwell 6S (#5), loaded with a Voskhod on it's 2nd use and got to work.
In no time, copious lather was made, neck was shaved! 2 quick passes left me smooth, but I got a bit close under the chin. Some BBA PSB sorted that out, as usual. Today, I could see where favour lies with the 6S but I think I've had better shaves with cheaper razors. I think with a bit of time I could grow to love it but right now, 3 shaves in, I'm not too sure. I do, however, love the satin SS look and feel! The heft takes some getting used to as I'm certainly more familiar with lighter razors! A spritz or 9 of Armani Prive Figuier Eden (duplicate) and I'm smelling fruity, fresh and feeling fine!

Another thanks to @Gem for lending me this razor.

Roll up, roll up! Who's next?!

Pre: Bulldog original face scrub
Soap: XPEC
Brush: Razorock 400 aluminium
Razor: Rockwell 6S (plate 6)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Post shave: Thayers cucumber witch hazel, Myrsol blue aftershave, BBA post shave balm

36928815142_867524c81b_c.jpg

36928815142_867524c81b_c.jpg

A zen shave this morning.

I'm currently evaluating my 'shave den', so XPEC was up on the chopping board this morning.

Recently I have been using a stubborn Semogue 620 that refuses to break in fully and loves to eat my lather. So as I am evaluating a product, I played it safe and opted for the Razorock 400 with its lovely aluminium handle providing a nice heft.

The lather was easy and superb, with plenty of cushion and glide. The XPEC delivered a fantastic close shave with no nicks or weepers.

The verdict? It's a keeper.

I know some people hate the scent, but I quite like the pepperiness of it. And unlike lots of my other soaps - the scent doesn't vanish during use. So that's another plus.

There was no real need for any post shave - but, what the heck.

A great shave.

Supply's TheSingleEdge with Proline blades is really great razor! This blades are so smooth and sharp in TheSingleEdge.

Faena MLEV is fantastic soap - scent, slicknes and post feelings are just great! And this brush from TurnNShave is really lather machine.

For post shave, I choose Prep. Just a little bit of menthol after nice mint in slap.

dd9a8a09b6dc0c48465a75b3d5af5782.jpg

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom