SOTD: Saturday 3 - Friday 9 December 2022.

78CAAEDB-A4B3-47FD-860F-84220AECD7AC.jpeg
SOTD: 09/12/2022

Razor: Executive Shaving Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Pro, 9th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block
Scent Oil: HC&C Emperor Oud
Fragrance: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Eau de Toilette

I decided I couldn’t wait to try the new HC&C unscented and fragrance oils. I wasn’t sure about the whole idea of adding my own level of oil/fragrance but was interested in it as I love the idea of having more scents/soaps to use and this seems a goo. It’s a really great base, that lathers into soft peeks with minimal effort and time, I was genuinely surprised at the how well it lathered and the quality if I’m honest. I started with the recommended 1 drop for pass one but found it was quite mild so on the second pass added a second drop and the fragrance just took a massive jump! It smelt great and I now regret not buying a full sized puck or more oils! Pass 2 and 3 was brilliant and the the scent lasted well after the shave. The next step is using the oils in a balm or aftershave but for a first outing I’m sold on the concept! I’m going to try some of the others over the next few days but it’s a great soap/scent regardless of whether you think it’s a gimmick.

Thursday evening's shave with the theme, 'Bullseye'

20221208_192530.jpg

Nothing in this game for two in a bed - Ikon B1
Super, smashing, great - Polsilver Lodz
Nothing but your BFH - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
This is what you could have won - PAA Pelegrino

But you didn't

But it is all win win here. A super, smashing, great brush with Bully's star prize, a jar of Alvarez Gomez shaving soap.

A really Bully Beef of a shave with awesome being a prerequisite and the end product. Great.

And today's star player throwing for charity is those Beavers from Japan

Last edited:
Decemboar 9 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Florena Cream
Razor - Personna Star head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade - Gillette Winner Stainless (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Chat d'Or Jumper

The small little Omega 10075 is one of my favourite performing brushes I own. It has quite a low loft, 48mm and whilst it was new, it was very stiff and a little on the poky side but now that it has broken in it performs quite beautifully. My Omega boars with 55mm lofts can get a little floppy when they were fully broken in (or approach the 100 shave mark), but the 10075 seems to have kept it's shape reasonably well. It seems to be a brush that improves when it has been used for several shaves in a row, today it seemed to hold lather a lot better than it did a few days ago when it seemed to eat the lather for that day's particular shave.
Florena produces a nice lather, good cushion and fairly slick, and it sits on the skin reasonably well too. A good shave with the Personna Star razor and Gillette Winner Stainless, which isn't the sharpest blade I own but it's a decent enough performer.

Have a good Friday gents.

IMG_20221209_121812.jpg

9 December
Ended the week on a shaving high with my Rex Ambassador, one of my favourite modern razors. Beautifully made, and delivering a shave equal to its high quality.
Fitted a new 7 o’clock super stainless, brushed on TFS Vecchia Torino with vintage synthetic reknot, 2 passes atg wtg and pick up.
Gillette moisturiser and RR xXx after shave splash.

Have a great evening fellas, wrap up warm here in U.K. this weekend.

3422D580-627C-4DBA-8ACB-A07ECAEEDF0B.jpeg

iMqNbof.png

Ikon B1 Slant Bar / Personna / Yaqi Heavy Metal 24mm Silvertip / B&M Le Grand Chypre Shaving Soap & AS

Friday 9th December

AL9nZEVBIw6cR1lryEZdWchNNlh7GyMKlgtrfQUTWvmGPbzTChVzxLHSmQpWz_jACnHiYRtsqdpquIW9zhYQFJlHLgLSb5QogEmV08Jo8GiVYHpXGA2Evg5LPFTVpOWO6F_p-v0SiC9lUEbCx8nfOxDz5FLT0A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Yardley (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & British (Vintage) Handle w/Blonde Boar 20mm
Muhle Rocca Jet & Muster Dikson Super Quality Stainless (1)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

You can read about my thoughts from the first time I tried this blade: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/co...iday-22nd-april-2022.56542/page-2#post-874531 but what I'm interested in this time is the comment I made that it is like a Pakistani VOSKHOD ... and so, after just enjoying three shaves with a VOSKHOD it's a perfect opportunity to check that.

... and yes, it is. It is a sharp stainless blade and smooth, made so with a super-glide of teflon. Compared, the Muster Dickson is a degree better than the VOSKHOD. Again, it really is up there as one of the best stainless blades (to my face, anyway) and remains an enigma because whoever makes this blade really ought to be selling more of them.

Friday 9th December

AL9nZEVBIw6cR1lryEZdWchNNlh7GyMKlgtrfQUTWvmGPbzTChVzxLHSmQpWz_jACnHiYRtsqdpquIW9zhYQFJlHLgLSb5QogEmV08Jo8GiVYHpXGA2Evg5LPFTVpOWO6F_p-v0SiC9lUEbCx8nfOxDz5FLT0A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Yardley (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & British (Vintage) Handle w/Blonde Boar 20mm
Muhle Rocca Jet & Muster Dikson Super Quality Stainless (1)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

You can read about my thoughts from the first time I tried this blade: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/co...iday-22nd-april-2022.56542/page-2#post-874531 but what I'm interested in this time is the comment I made that it is like a Pakistani VOSKHOD ... and so, after just enjoying three shaves with a VOSKHOD it's a perfect opportunity to check that.

... and yes, it is. It is a sharp stainless blade and smooth, made so with a super-glide of teflon. Compared, the Muster Dickson is a degree better than the VOSKHOD. Again, it really is up there as one of the best stainless blades (to my face, anyway) and remains an enigma because whoever makes this blade really ought to be selling more of them.

I remember seeing those blades for sale at TVBShaving (RIP), and via B&B I came across this

The old ones look like they are Personna Israeli Crystals. The markings on the new ones look like they could be ones made by Treet. However seeing how some the new Personna Tomy blades are made, where the blades themselves are made in Germany but then packaged (maybe printed as well?) in the Czech Republic, there could be a chance that these blades are made in Germany then sent to Pakistan to be packaged or printed, who knows for sure?

I remember seeing those blades for sale at TVBShaving (RIP), and via B&B I came across this

The old ones look like they are Personna Israeli Crystals. The markings on the new ones look like they could be ones made by Treet. However seeing how some the new Personna Tomy blades are made, where the blades themselves are made in Germany but then packaged (maybe printed as well?) in the Czech Republic, there could be a chance that these blades are made in Germany then sent to Pakistan to be packaged or printed, who knows for sure?

Yeah, that's the thread that I referred to in my original (linked) post. Notice the blades in question are not longer Super Platinum but Super Quality. I did say in my linked post that if these turned out actually to be something from the ASR camp I would not be surprised. I know what you mean about the Treet feel, but I can't actually find anything conclusive looking at my (extensive) collection of Treets. What I have just spotted is that the blades (both the black and the white packs) are labelled A on one side and B on the other rather than 1234. This is exactly how Treet are now labelling their blades.

I have a theory that if these are made by Treet then the black pack that I used tonight could well be the Treet 7 Days Platinum. It really is that good! The white are likely their regular stainless, perhaps with an improved coating like the new Trim or perhaps the (chromed) Tjax. I didn't enjoy the white pack as much, but think they're better than the regular stainless from Treet (like Trig/Trim), hence thinking it might be the slightly better Tjax.

Last edited:
Regarding the Musker Dikson Super Shave blade ...

What I have just spotted is that the blades (both the black and the white packs) are labelled A on one side and B on the other rather than 1234. This is exactly how Treet are now labelling their blades.

@donnie_arko

Just checked ... the Super Glide Platinum is also labelled A/B rather than 1/2/3/4.

I said, "it's not the Treet Platinum" ... and likely, it's not. Likely, it's a sub-Treet Platinum done as a commissioned run. Curiously, re-checking my notes, I rated the Super Glide Platinum and the Muster Dikson Fine Special Edition (white pack) which is also platinum practically the same score!

What still remains a mystery (to me) is how Treet can (we assume) produce a mere stainless blade for Muster Dikson that far surpasses any of their regular stainless offerings, unless our initial assumption is wrong and the Muster Dikson Super Shave is in fact also platinum ... and in this case absolutely not a sub-par offering compared to their regular Platinum.

I'll have to double-check with a Treet 7 Days Platinum next ...

Back
Top Bottom