SOTD: Saturday 3 - Friday 9 December 2022.

Gillette 7 o'clock Black blade evaluation-----second shave.

Began with a face washing with West Indian Lime Gel, followed with pre shave oil. Brush soaked five minutes, meanwhile allowing the oil to work on my face and whipping up a lather. Triple pass, with, across and against. Blade Glide Plus between passes. I have found it to be important to ensure you stretch the skin you are shaving and utilize little to no extra pressure on the razor. The 7 o'clock black is extremely sharp. Cool water splash and Alum stone treatment, allowing the alum to dry. Another cold rinse and application of West Indian Lime lotion and cologne.
This is number two shave on this blade, and if possible, it is sharper than the first.
As far as comfort goes, as long as a proper blade angle is held, it is a very comfortable shave.
Use of the razor while improperly held, razor can and will result in injury.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: VB The Godfather STONEHENGE
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock super platinum black (Ninja)
Brush: Vulfix #1040
Pre-Shave: Old School Cool Formula 1
Lather: Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime
Aftershave: Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime lotion
Additional Care:
Osma bloc Alum Stone
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime Bath and Body Gel
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime Cologne
Jatai Blade Glide Plus https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63929cdaea7b8c79278d8587

I bought it already done this way ...

It was an R96 (black handle) that has been machine polished revealing a brass core beneath the DLC. The rest is mirror polished.

AL9nZEXbmOx8OmoliqUbZQU7fzRKEgAvT1uRJGQ2bnBbqmYIiNgiR1-mk4MIdbf9ltsC7yo6pBOzE-G6-GlzELpnotX4RGu80wX1sQpRcEsYHufZaa9HnCaaJYLJle51LG4NQlwqoOzfqgPDvlnCXmo-yP857Q=s800
Much prettier than the original.

Fri 9
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor 69 Thiers Issard Frameback
Aftershave Clubman Gents Gin
Nice enough soap for the scent and lather qualities whip up by the excellent brush. Love this aftershave!!
2nd shave with this razor and it was good! Tried to enhance the edge again on the Naniwa 12k but feels similar to the 1st use. This blade material or grind feels different from the rest of my razors..interesting. Managed 3 passes for a dfs-ccs-sas finish...
20221209_130508.jpg

SOTD: 09/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun Croap
Aftershave: Signature Soaps Wicstun Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Fortunate Son By Creedence Clearwater Revival
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

My god I love the smell of Wicstun. Performance is consistently top three out of all my soaps as well.

The Vector took a great leap forward's today with a change of blade. The shaving angle is not as small as I initially thought. It's more about pressure and deftness of speed (it's hard to describe). I get it when they say you really have to drive this sports car razor around your face.

D9850111-5365-44C0-A964-62B277D7A31F.jpeg

@ekeko
Would be cool to see a pic of the arrow marks on razor and brush. I know what the arrow looks like as you get it on some mil watches too.
These are about as good a foto as I can get on my phone,

The razor head base plate is stamped
CC. 1118. WJM/44 (arrow)

9E905FDB-4C60-4988-806E-D6CA3102F1FE.jpeg

The brush is engraved but has lost some definition but reads,
WARRANTED
ALL BRISTLE
KENT (arrow)

6DA6F55A-934F-40DA-9F03-5FB5A8BA4010.jpeg

I got this one as part of a job lot on the Bay, I’ve never seen anything like and it doesn’t look like it is made to last. I haven’t used it yet and probably won’t as it looks a bit delicate and the bristles look pretty harsh to me.
The printed words are inked and a bit blurred, but as far as I can make out it says,

BRISTLE & HAIR
LONDON MADE
sterilised
H G BENWELL & CO LTD
(broad arrow)

43E517A0-1B9A-4590-B5C3-D86634AB004B.jpeg

These are about as good a foto as I can get on my phone,

The razor head base plate is stamped
CC. 1118. WJM/44 (arrow)

View attachment 97276

The brush is engraved but has lost some definition but reads,
WARRANTED
ALL BRISTLE
KENT (arrow)

View attachment 97277

I got this one as part of a job lot on the Bay, I’ve never seen anything like and it doesn’t look like it is made to last. I haven’t used it yet and probably won’t as it looks a bit delicate and the bristles look pretty harsh to me.
The printed words are inked and a bit blurred, but as far as I can make out it says,

BRISTLE & HAIR
LONDON MADE
sterilised
H G BENWELL & CO LTD
(broad arrow)

View attachment 97278
Koch made brushes with the string ties. Nice !

09/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #2
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 49 (7).JPG
A super close finish from 2 passes with the Lupo/Wiz combo, boy that's close.
I think it really suits the Windrose "Darwin" handle.
I can feel a bit windburn on my cheeks from this mornings walk to the Gym and back, then Ruby's walk, i added a rub of argan oil to the post shave to settle it.
A very nice shave.
Friday is leg day! Add icy paths and roads on the walk back made for a wary wander.
Slipping Falling Down GIF

I had a bit mess about with a box i had lying around, i basically stripped it down, cut the bottom in half and fitted a bit foam to home the Lupo when storing.
XTC Box #1 Lupo (3).JPGXTC Box #1 Lupo (1).JPGXTC Box #1 Lupo (2).JPG
a little more fettling and a polish with some Danish oil it will be spot on.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom